NFL AND THE JETS FRANCHISE

Squirt

Yeah sell to a guy like Hess who had less playoff success than Woody… rented Giants and Shea and did training camp at basically a community college.

the JETS need to get a real QB. With a real QB Woody would look like a hero owner.

Just ask Kraft and Bellichick what life is like without a QB

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Yeah sell to a guy like Hess who had less playoff success than Woody… rented Giants and Shea and did training camp at basically a community college.

the JETS need to get a real QB. With a real QB Woody would look like a hero owner.

The Jets have had horrendous ownership. Woody is the least successful owner in football. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If the Jets didn't exist the league would have to invent them

The jobbers that keep the champ loose before ppv 

The dumb dummies that everyone gets a good chuckle over 

There can't be 32 versions of the 49ers. Someone needs to suck. 

Don't look now but it's us 

This is our 44th of tix. We’ve had 16 winning seasons.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Squirt said:

I want the NFL owners to demand that Woody the Necklace sell the franchise to someone who can build a quality NFL team! The reason there are Jet fans having nervous break downs and ready to commit Hari Kari because this franchise owner is an idiot!  NFL save lives and take this franchise away from Woody the Necklace. I'm done!

The revenue is shared regardless there's no incentive for other owners to force the Jets to improve and create competition 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This franchise and fanbase are one of the most profitable lolcows in all of professional sports.

Why change a good thing?

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Squirt said:

I want the NFL owners to demand that Woody the Necklace sell the franchise to someone who can build a quality NFL team! The reason there are Jet fans having nervous break downs and ready to commit Hari Kari because this franchise owner is an idiot!  NFL save lives and take this franchise away from Woody the Necklace. I'm done!

Hey, I just had a thought that Woody should sell the franchise. I think this is a unique and original idea that would invoke new and thoughtful exchanges on JN. Let me make a post about that since it had never been discussed.  

The NFL needs a 2nd Tier League, with Relegation.

World serve dual purposes: 

1. A place for prospects to earn while they learn/develop outside the glare of the "Premier" NFL.  College is failing here.

2. Poorly run franchises would end up in the lesser league where they belong, while well run franchises would get all the top-tier profits.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The NFL needs a 2nd Tier League, with Relegation.

World serve dual purposes: 

1. A place for prospects to earn while they learn/develop outside the glare of the "Premier" NFL.  College is failing here.

2. Poorly run franchises would end up in the lesser league where they belong, while well run franchises would get all the top-tier profits.

People say this but in this alternate universe the Jets would be like wrexham before the ownership change 

Wed be rooting for a team in the xfl or whatever 

It's fun to imagine accountability but at least we're still rooting for a team in the NFL ya know 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

People say this but in this alternate universe the Jets would be like wrexham before the ownership change 

Wed be rooting for a team in the xfl or whatever 

It's fun to imagine accountability but at least we're still rooting for a team in the NFL ya know 

Some would, certainly.

Many would root them as an aside, and find a better run Premier League team to root for as a primary.

Competition brings out the best.  Woody can run a poop franchise, because he faces no financial risks.

I'd like to re-impose financial risks and competition.  Run a decent ship, and find your ship wrecked playing Richmond, Topeka and Huntville in the B-League.

Pip dream, obviously, but if you have a better idea (a real world idea) for how to change this moribund Jets Franchise, I'm all ears.

Frankly, I'd love to see Woody got on a rage-filled media rant, just to show he cares at all.  Won't happen either.

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Hey, I just had a thought that Woody should sell the franchise. I think this is a unique and original idea that would invoke new and thoughtful exchanges on JN. Let me make a post about that since it had never been discussed.  

No other solutions have worked to this point. The ousting Woody narrative is as redundant as they get and can be argued ad nauseam. He is the only one who remains besides a few front office characters who aren’t going anywhere unless Woody does.  It will never happen unless he decides to sell but until then I have zero faith with anything this franchise does until proven otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Squirt said:

image.jpeg.1db7c2dd8139ff8b213781dcddc701f6.jpeg

• Haha 2

Look at the Pats without a QB

Articles everywhere today about how they have one of the worst offensive showings the last 3 games since 1930s

The JETS need a QB. Every time they have a decent one… playoffs… every time them (or anyone really) doesn’t… they suck

Not many teams have winning records consistently with horrible QBs

41 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This is way too political of a comment lol

41 minutes ago, bitonti said:

1st cousin to the Browns

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

No other solutions have worked to this point. The ousting Woody narrative is as redundant as they get and can be argued ad nauseam. He is the only one who remains besides a few front office characters who aren’t going anywhere unless Woody does.  It will never happen unless he decides to sell but until then I have zero faith with anything this franchise does until proven otherwise. 

This is 20/20 hindsight. When JD selected Zach, he was a God and all was well with the Jets and Woody was a great owner for hiring a real GM. When JD selected Sauce, Wilson, and and Breece, JD was the greatest GM to have ever worked in the NFL and Woody was never mentioned in threads like this. When JD acquires AR8 who plays for about 70 seconds before blowing his Achilles and Zach has to play in a new O he doesn't  know with a bad OC and the team becomes a steaming pile of 💩, we must have Woody sell the team. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

his is 20/20 hindsight. When JD selected Zach, he was a God and all was well with the Jets and Woody was a great owner for hiring a real GM.

Speak for yourself there were plenty of us with pitch forks the day they drafted that no balls, no heart pretty boy.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is 20/20 hindsight. When JD selected Zach, he was a God and all was well with the Jets and Woody was a great owner for hiring a real GM. When JD selected Sauce, Wilson, and and Breece, JD was the greatest GM to have ever worked in the NFL and Woody was never mentioned in threads like this. When JD acquires AR8 who plays for about 70 seconds before blowing his Achilles and Zach has to play in a new O he doesn't  know with a bad OC and the team becomes a steaming pile of 💩, we must have Woody sell the team. 

Just a bit of revisionist history there.  When JD selected Zach, a huge chunk of this forum were nauseated.  Seemed like a 50-50 split to me.  I remember many posts like mine well.  I said I had no idea what Zach could be. I never expressed any sort of projection that he would/wouldn't succeed cause I had no idea.  All I expressed was hope.  Wait and see.  A lot of this forum took a similar hesitant wait-and-see reaction to the Zach Wilson pick.  Fast forward to year 3....  a whole different story.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Squirt said:

Why would they do that?

You don't think the Dolphins, Pats and Bills LOVE having Woody as an owner?  Why would they want more competition?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Just a bit of revisionist history there.  When JD selected Zach, a huge chunk of this forum were nauseated.  Seemed like a 50-50 split to me.  I remember many posts like mine well.  I said I had no idea what Zach could be. I never expressed any sort of projection that he would/wouldn't succeed cause I had no idea.  All I expressed was hope.  Wait and see.  A lot of this forum took a similar hesitant wait-and-see reaction to the Zach Wilson pick.  Fast forward to year 3....  a whole different story.

I was on the trade down train.  

39 minutes ago, bitonti said:

thats right if you cant spot the douche in the room, its you
(meaning us not you personally lol)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I was firmly in the "trade the pick, run it back with Sam and see" contingent.

There were many of us.

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

We' ve drafted several 1st rounders in last 20 years, passed on a few potential future HOFers while drafting box safeties.  PLEASE , Woody has no acumen to hire talent.