Teams other than the Jets to start backup QBs:

• 55 games
  • 19 wins
  • Win rate: 34.54% 

Jets

• 12 games
  • 4 wins
  • Win rate: 40% (oops) 33.3%

Some might be under the impression that we are the only team struggling when playing our backups while other teams are thriving.

In general, the teams forced to start backups are struggling in those games. Lucky us we get to do it the whole season. 

I don't think we should plan to blow up the whole team and start again. IMO, we should plan major changes to fix the offense (again). Fire Hackett and bring in more talent. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Green hat said:

• 55 games
  • 19 wins

Jets

• 12 games
  • 4 wins
  • Win rate: 40%

Some might be under the impression that we are the only team struggling when playing our backups while other teams are thriving.

In general, the teams forced to start backups are struggling in those games. Lucky us we get to do it the whole season. 

I don't think we should plan to blow up the whole team and start again. IMO, we should plan major changes to fix the offense (again). Fire Hackett and bring in more talent. 

You post stats that seem to indicate the Jets are performing better than average NFL teams who start a backup QB then call for the offensive coordinator to be fired. So I feel like I'm not understanding where you're going with this.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You post stats that seem to indicate the Jets are performing better than average NFL teams who start a backup QB then call for the offensive coordinator to be fired. So I feel like I'm not understanding where you're going with this.

It seems like everyone wants to clean house and start over. The offense is so bad , I get it. But I don't want to start over yet. We need to fix the offense and not sacrifice what we actually have built successfully.

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

This must be Eric Allen or someone else employed by the Jets. 

Saleh's my 11th head coach. I'm in no rush to bring in another guy who needs a couple more years to install a program, get his players, make mistakes, make corrections, yada yada. 

51 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Good thing the Jets took Zach Wilson in the top five to be “just a backup”. Dobbs is winning games. Minshew is on a 4 game streak. Don’t tell me it can’t be done. 

Dobbs singlehandedly lost the game against the Bears.

2 hours ago, Green hat said:

• 55 games
  • 19 wins

Jets

• 12 games
  • 4 wins

Very misleading. Our offense is much more pathetic than the other teams. That winning percentage just tells you how good our defense is.

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Hex said:

You  claimed Dobbs was winning games. That was objectively false. It doesn't matter anyways, though.

He’s 2-2 in Minnesota and currently the 6 seed. Not sure why you’re making things up here. If the season ended today Dobbs would be in the playoffs and Wilson will be out MILF hunting. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

Very misleading. Our offense is much more pathetic than the other teams. That winning just tells you how good our defense is.

That is kind of the point though. That we shouldn't blow up the entire staff since we have built such a good D. And it took a few years with some mistakes to overcome, but have built a great ST Unit as well. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He’s 2-2 in Minnesota and currently the 6 seed. Not sure why you’re making things up here. If the season ended today Dobbs would be in the playoffs and Wilson will be out MILF hunting. 

Again, it doesn't matter. But saying 2-2 is "winning" is odd. Plus, he's been getting worse each game. As a backup for the whole season he has been mediocre and has gone 3-9.

And that's the NFC. The 7-5 Texans with CJ Stroud wouldn't make the playoffs if the season ended today.

2 hours ago, Green hat said:

• 55 games
  • 19 wins

Jets

• 12 games
  • 4 wins

The only reason why jets have any wins is because of the defense. If not for the defense the win rate with Zach or any of these jokers would be 0% on most teams.

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Again, it doesn't matter. But saying 2-2 is "winning" is odd. Plus, he's been getting worse each game. As a backup for the whole season he has been mediocre and has gone 3-9.

And that's the NFC. The 7-5 Texans with CJ Stroud wouldn't make the playoffs if the season ended today.

Winning. He has won. Again, Dobbs was available for a song and the Jets went into the season with Wilson and Boyle backing up a nearly 40 year old. It’s a dereliction of duty. Other teams have adjusted. The Jets didn’t. Also funny how you ignored Minshew from my original post. But you do you. 

• Upvote 1

But ya, ZW is just bad. But to our team's credit, they moved off of him. Brought in (some how) a top 5 QB to run the next 2 seasons, maybe more.

If there's a million Jets fans, then all million were lined up, excited for the season. Rodgers running out with the American flag, Monday night football. Garrett Wilson, Corey Davis, and Lazard catching passes from SB MVP! Sky was the limit. Breece Hall was about to run wild with Defenses playing back to slow down AR.

We had the plan. Don't act like we didn't. So now to say "Ya, but JD shoulda gotten TWO top QB just incase AR went down, and someone else had to play out the entire season" (all the while paying ZW over $10m to reset, sit, and learn from the best).

And if we had gotten a second top QB to play out the entire season, then shouldn't we have gotten a THIRD top QB? You know, incase QB2, who has to play the whole season, goes down (likely)???

• WTF? 1