Lead Up To Jets/Texans Game

To rise to a successful NFL Head Coach, you have to adjust to a bigger job than the one you just did well, in addition to being in a positive, supportive environment. 

Saleh has struggled with owning the offensive side of the ball, but he did have bad luck (death) and a bad QB to work with, in addition to the Jet organization generally. 

Everyone knows that Saleh, if fired by the Jets, will get another chance somewhere else, and like Bellichick and others, could be successful in Round 2.  

11 minutes ago, varjet said:

To rise to a successful NFL Head Coach, you have to adjust to a bigger job than the one you just did well, in addition to being in a positive, supportive environment. 

Saleh has struggled with owning the offensive side of the ball, but he did have bad luck (death) and a bad QB to work with, in addition to the Jet organization generally. 

Everyone knows that Saleh, if fired by the Jets, will get another chance somewhere else, and like Bellichick and others, could be successful in Round 2.  

I don't think Saleh is getting another HC job in the NFL.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, varjet said:

I'm not sure he gets hired for head coach again.  His record is abysmal.  His team quit down the stretch the last two seasons.  Lack of discipline and lost locker rooms.

Even if he does get hired as a HC, I don't see him being successful.  He's no Belichick.  He's no Carroll.  He's Herm.

5 minutes ago, dcJet said:

I'm not sure he gets hired for head coach again.  His record is abysmal.  His team quit down the stretch the last two seasons.  Lack of discipline and lost locker rooms.

Even if he does get hired as a HC, I don't see him being successful.  He's no Belichick.  He's no Carroll.  He's Herm.

He's not even Herm.  IIRC, Herm won 3 playoff games.  And Herm won in college (though I think he cheated - lol).  Were it not for Doug Brien, Herm would've taken us to the AFC CG.  And that was in a year where Chad could barely muster 1 scoring drive per game.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I think Zach Wilson will be released this week.  

Zach’s “reluctance” to play combined with Benigno leaking that Saleh doesn’t even like him is too much.

40 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Beningo really said that?

good lord

anyone here know Ed?

repkace the chant this week with 

S e l l

sell The team

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't think Saleh is getting another HC job in the NFL.

Saleh is moving like a deadman walking.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he told Beningo to leak that. 

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Potential coach of the year Demeco Ryans has nothing but awesome things to say about our coach.  The Kelce brothers had great things to say about him.  All these folks that know a thing or two about football speak highly of him.  

But the braintrust on this message board obviously knows better….

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

36 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Potential coach of the year Demeco Ryans has nothing but awesome things to say about our coach.  The Kelce brothers had great things to say about him.  All these folks that know a thing or two about football speak highly of him.  

But the braintrust on this message board obviously knows better….

This happens like… every single week when talking about your opponent. You really think they are going to say “good coordinator, probably in over his head as a HC?” 

They only say nice things. It’s how it works.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Heard on the radio that the original line was like Houston -7.  After ZW was named starting QB, it moved to Houston -3.5.  

Serious question for you and anyone else still rooting for Zach to be successful in the NFL:

How many of you are hoping the Jets "tank" ie continue to lose, for a draft pick?

I'm not calling anyone out, but I've seen members post that they are for both outcomes, when it's irreconcilable to hold both positions. 

12 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Serious question for you and anyone else still rooting for Zach to be successful in the NFL:

How many of you are hoping the Jets "tank" ie continue to lose, for a draft pick?

I'm not calling anyone out, but I've seen members post that they are for both outcomes, when it's irreconcilable to hold both positions. 

I don't think Zach is coming back here.  I'm rooting for losses.  I guess, secondarily, I hope he plays well enough to be brought back next year as the QB3 who will be given a chance to compete for QB2.   I don't think it's realistic that he's coming back though.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't think Zach is coming back here.  I'm rooting for losses.  I guess, secondarily, I hope he plays well enough to be brought back next year as the QB3 who will be given a chance to compete for QB2.   I don't think it's realistic that he's coming back though.  

I hear ya. But I can't get over the level of psychological damage done to this fanbase. This is my point; when Zach was benched, that was it for this year. Siemian is the play, here. 

Is management worried that Siemian, with a full week of practice as the starter, could make them look like the idiots that they are, where Boyle didn't/couldn't? Starting Zach on Sunday MAKES NO SENSE. 

For me it's just another validation for making a decision to no longer watch any game the Jets are playing in. 

They have no idea what they are doing, trying to do, whatever. 

1 hour ago, Ron Rico said:

I hear ya. But I can't get over the level of psychological damage done to this fanbase. This is my point; when Zach was benched, that was it for this year. Siemian is the play, here. 

Is management worried that Siemian, with a full week of practice as the starter, could make them look like the idiots that they are, where Boyle didn't/couldn't? Starting Zach on Sunday MAKES NO SENSE. 

For me it's just another validation for making a decision to no longer watch any game the Jets are playing in. 

They have no idea what they are doing, trying to do, whatever. 

I honestly think they believe Zach gives them their best chance to win.  Vegas does too, btw.  The spread went from like Houston -7 to Houston -3.5 when it was announced Zach was starting.

People on this forum badly overrate Boyle and Siemian (and The Strev is more overrated than both put together).

But I can't get over the level of psychological damage done to this fanbase. This is my point; when Zach was benched, that was it for this year. Siemian is the play, here. 

This fanbase has been through way too much crap.  But I do think they're not seeing straight when it comes to the year 3 version of Zach Wilson.  I'm convinced he's going to be gone next year so I'm trying not to get too invested in his play the rest of the year.    I wish Siemian was playing the rest of the way, btw.  We need the L's for our draft position.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I honestly think they believe Zach gives them their best chance to win.  Vegas does too, btw.  The spread went from like Houston -7 to Houston -3.5 when it was announced Zach was starting.

People on this forum badly overrate Boyle and Siemian (and The Strev is more overrated than both put together).

Fair enough. So why are Zach fans encouraging a "tankathon"? Makes no sense. If you want the Jets to finish with 4 wins, that is. 

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

6 hours ago, Ron Rico said:

Fair enough. So why are Zach fans encouraging a "tankathon"? Makes no sense. If you want the Jets to finish with 4 wins, that is. 

I think it's for the same reason as other Jet fans.  This season is over.  We might as well improve our draft position as much as possible.

Though maybe you meant to ask "Why would the Jets start Zach if they want to tank?" my guess is that JD/Saleh don't want to tank.  Maybe they think their jobs are on the line and they want wins.