My solution for our perennial offensive line woes

hmhertz

Draft a college football offensive line coach. From a program that always develops

top OL lines. Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Oregon. Let them be in charge of the development of fairly athletic, hard working obsessed players. Hiring fired

coaches is a recipe for continuing our sorry history. Wasting high OL

draft picks  to be coached by the fired dopes hired by the head coaching

schmucks will cause the continuous of awful line play. It might be a fine idea

kidnapping the receiver coach from Ohio State or Washington

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think people really underestimate how bad of a franchise this is and how much highly respected coaches in the NCAA would not risk their reputation making a jump to the pros for this clown show, unless we had a legitimate head coach recruiting them.

My choice for Offensive coordinator last year and new HC were a coach

from Philly who helped develop Hurts or Todd Monken

12 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think people really underestimate how bad of a franchise this is and how much highly respected coaches in the NCAA would not risk their reputation making a jump to the pros for this clown show, unless we had a legitimate head coach recruiting them.

College coaches have a lot more job security too, I think (at least at good programs).  And if they were going to make the jump to the pros, why would they want to come to this franchise of all places?!  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, hmhertz said:

My choice for Offensive coordinator last year and new HC were a coach

from Philly who helped develop Hurts or Todd Monken

I've wanted Todd Monken since we fired Bowles. He's innovative on offense, has plenty of pro experience as a coordinator and head coach experience (albeit it in college).

I just feel like Rodgers does not want an offensive head coach, but maybe I'm wrong who knows. If that's the case though it's nonsense because Rodgers might only be here for a year or two and we shouldn't be letting him making these decisions for such a short-term presence.

• Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I've wanted Todd Monken since we fired Bowles. He's innovative on offense, has plenty of pro experience as a coordinator and head coach experience (albeit it in college).

I just feel like Rodgers does not want an offensive head coach, but maybe I'm wrong who knows. If that's the case though it's nonsense because Rodgers might only be here for a year or two and we shouldn't be letting him making these decisions for such a short-term presence.

Who gives a fried horse turd what Rodgers wants, it was a pipedream going

after the ancient fukker and bringing his playmate cracked Hackett along

• Upvote 1

It’s absolutely stunning how much better and better-prepared (generally speaking) college defensive line prospects are compared to their OL counterparts.

Mekhi Becton as a pass protector was drafted purely on “traits” as opposed to “tape” / evidence  as he only had 70-something actual “true pass sets” according to PFF.

The stupid RPO quick game so many college teams rely on almost exclusively must really be hurting O-linemen in their preparation for the NFL.

A complete stud OL draft choice in today’s NFL is worth more than his weight in gold.

When you’re like the Chiefs and you can hit a HR like Creed Humphrey in round 3, it is insane value.

The Jets offensive line has collapsed like a house of cards the last 2 seasons as soon as AVT has gone down.

• Upvote 1

Like many other position groups coaches over complicate things to try and get cute, the oline is no different.  The number of times you see some bizarre oline stunt with a center pulling or some such shi* and he misses his block and the QB gets killed, or slants or dumb shi* like having tackles cut block.   Which is what the jets on two of the 4 Rodgers snaps, he got hurt on the 2nd one.

Good fundamentals good disciple and block the guy that comes at you. 

When the oline does something fancy like leaving guys unblocked, slide blocking, one thing goes wrong and the QB gets killed by an untouched defender

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Like Harbaugh?

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It’s absolutely stunning how much better and better-prepared (generally speaking) college defensive line prospects are compared to their OL counterparts.

Mekhi Becton as a pass protector was drafted purely on “traits” as opposed to “tape” / evidence  as he only had 70-something actual “true pass sets” according to PFF.

The stupid RPO quick game so many college teams rely on almost exclusively must really be hurting O-linemen in their preparation for the NFL.

A complete stud OL draft choice in today’s NFL is worth more than his weight in gold.

When you’re like the Chiefs and you can hit a HR like Creed Humphrey in round 3, it is insane value.

The Jets offensive line has collapsed like a house of cards the last 2 seasons as soon as AVT has gone down.

Even most HS now run a spread.  Kids play tons of 7 on 7.

O Line requires so much technique, and the kids don't get the reps from an early age, and now they can't practice in the pros.

• Upvote 1

Keith Carter coached a good OL in Tennessee, although they hated him.

Benton was a respected OL coach from SF who got arrested for DWI.  

I think the best ways to improve the OL is:

1. Make sure we have a real coach.
  2. Get much better strength and conditioning.  
  3. Replace the turf.
  4. Stop playing players out of position.