2024 Mock Drafts

Normally I'm a fan of the trade downs but if we have a shot at Alt, there is no way I'm moving down.  Just take the dude and solve that spot for the next decade.  Odunze is a great talent and Morgan could turn out to be a solid tackle, but I'd rather take the elite prospect at 6 and solve that WR2 spot through FA(there will be a bunch of solid options available).

Also I doubt Ewers will declare.  Especially not if there's a risk of him dropping to the 3rd round.  Next year's QB class looks weaker and there's a better chance of him being a 1st rounder if he goes back.  I do like Ward though although I'd be shocked if he lasts until the 7th.  Who knows though.  

But yeah, give me Alt in the 1st(as of now with pick 6), big boy DT like Sweat in the 3rd, a #4 WR and development QB in the 4th, and then maybe a depth RB in the 6th - ideally a power back(only guys on the roster next year are Breece and Izzy).  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, bonkertons said:

Normally I'm a fan of the trade downs but if we have a shot at Alt, there is no way I'm moving down.  Just take the dude and solve that spot for the next decade. 

Completely agree with the sentiment.

Trade downs are all well and good….more darts = more throws = more hits but when got a stud at a premium position you take them and don’t think twice.

• Upvote 1

On 12/6/2023 at 2:04 PM, bonkertons said:

Normally I'm a fan of the trade downs but if we have a shot at Alt, there is no way I'm moving down.  Just take the dude and solve that spot for the next decade.  Odunze is a great talent and Morgan could turn out to be a solid tackle, but I'd rather take the elite prospect at 6 and solve that WR2 spot through FA(there will be a bunch of solid options available).

Also I doubt Ewers will declare.  Especially not if there's a risk of him dropping to the 3rd round.  Next year's QB class looks weaker and there's a better chance of him being a 1st rounder if he goes back.  I do like Ward though although I'd be shocked if he lasts until the 7th.  Who knows though.  

But yeah, give me Alt in the 1st(as of now with pick 6), big boy DT like Sweat in the 3rd, a #4 WR and development QB in the 4th, and then maybe a depth RB in the 6th - ideally a power back(only guys on the roster next year are Breece and Izzy).  

I feel like we need to figure out a way to recover that 2nd rounder though. You're going to hate this draft.

image.png.657e91c84078bf4df1f6684a3fa7d2af.png

PFN_MDS_Result__1702132578689.thumb.png.9864280f1241ee081ca2e443fa451476.png

• Upvote 2

On 12/9/2023 at 9:38 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

I feel like we need to figure out a way to recover that 2nd rounder though. You're going to hate this draft.

image.png.657e91c84078bf4df1f6684a3fa7d2af.png

PFN_MDS_Result__1702132578689.thumb.png.9864280f1241ee081ca2e443fa451476.png

If we could actually get Mims after moving down that far I'd be fine with it.  I don't see him coming out either though.  He could go back to school and be the Alt/Fashanu of next year's class.  

But yeah I don't think we necessarily NEED to recoup that 2nd rounder.  It would be nice, but not at the expense of a prospect like Alt.  Just seems like we're overthinking things if it comes to that.  Just take the dude and solve that spot for the next 10+ years.  Also if Penix lasts til pick 51 I'll be pretty surprised.  

Take Alt, sign a high-end WR, draft your development QB in the 4th, bing bang boom.  Go back to work next year.  OR keep sh*tting the bed and take Caleb or Maye.  Those would be my two ideal scenarios.  Not having a 2nd sucks but that's not enough for me to move down away from one of these guys.  

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

9th is not so bad once you've accepted the top 5 prospects are guaranteed to be out of your reach lol

Larry David Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasmimage.thumb.png.87cadacb1e339f8eb31252f039ce24ce.png

This would be about as good as it gets IMO.  Maybe swap out Wilson for a QB but that would be nitpicking.  Could just wait on a QB draft pick in 2025 if we really had to.

8 hours ago, bonkertons said:

This would be about as good as it gets IMO.  Maybe swap out Wilson for a QB but that would be nitpicking.  Could just wait on a QB draft pick in 2025 if we really had to.

I really wanted Raheim Sanders-RB out of Arkansas at that spot, but that was wishful thinking and he was long gone. No QB really intrigued me at that point. I figured at that point punt on a QB. This mock also does not include trades. You have to think with only 5 selections, JD will add draft picks via a couple of trades.

15 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I really wanted Raheim Sanders-RB out of Arkansas at that spot, but that was wishful thinking and he was long gone. No QB really intrigued me at that point. I figured at that point punt on a QB. This mock also does not include trades. You have to think with only 5 selections, JD will add draft picks via a couple of trades.

I think the RBs are hard to predict.  Any one of those guys could go anywhere from like early 2nd to the end of the 4th.  Sanders included.  They're all kind of bunched together and it could become a matter of preference.  Either way I think there will be some good ones there in the 4th to be had.  Corum, Allen, Henderson, Benson, Sanders, etc.   That might actually be the perfect time to take one.  

I think my ideal scenario would be somehow managing to get Alt in the 1st, take a big boy DT like Sweat or Jenkins in the 3rd(if they're still around), then go BPA WR and RB in the 4th.  If a guy like Eichenberg is there, then push one of those other spots off til the 6th depending which prospects are available.  Like I wouldn't reach on a WR if a RB like Sanders is there.  If this is the route we end up taking though, then we'll have to either sign a big FA WR or make a move for a guy like Davante.  

• Upvote 1

I went with a different approach.  I wanted to move down and grab extra picks so that I could address more holes and add plus value. 

To me we need a 2nd rd pick this year.  There are some great day 2 players that this team can really build with. 

I got a huge haul of this year picks and next years 2nd from the texans to move up.  

I moved from 7 to 24.  

NYJ
    Troy Fautanu
    OG Washington
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Emeka Egbuka
    WR Ohio State
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Michael Penix Jr.
    QB Washington
    NYJ
    Jackson Powers-Johnson
    OC Oregon
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Tommy Eichenberg
    LB Ohio State
    NYJ
    Kiran Amegadjie
    OT Yale
    NYJ
    Jaden Hicks
    S Washington State
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Nazir Stackhouse
    DT Georgia
  • 2025 HOU 2nd

Everything I hear from people I talk to is that the hype is going to build around Fautanu and that his flexbility to be a plus guard or tackle in the league is going to be a huge selling point.  I think the ability to add him there then have flexibility with Power-Johnson who can play center if we want to move tippman to guard, or play guard for us is a nice piece.  Amegadjie is a developmental player but guys I talk to are very high on his ability. 

Egbuka is probably the one guy on OSU that doesnt get the hype but he probably should.  He's been mostly outshadowed by bigger name prospects like wilson MJH and olave but he's been extremely productive and was a 5 star recruit coming out.  I dont know if his game is as refined as wilson or olave coming out but he is a zone coverage killer and a legit threat at all 3 levels.  Not even sure he lasts to the 2nd. 

in the 3rd i feel comfortable gambling on penix, doubt he lasts this long but who knows.  People said levis was going 1 overall at one point and then he fell to day 2.  Penix injury history is a legit concern but in the 3rd youll take his upside every day. 

Everything else is just kind of gravy.  Eichenberg was an animal last year and I think he can help in this defense although his size may be big for what we prefer.  He may have to lose weight and gain some speed.   Hicks is a huge safety who is great coming downhill.  He can play a role somewhere and Stackhouse is just a massive mountain who takes the place of al woods. 
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

is that THE Kris Jenkins' son?

lol it is!  Although he's not nearly as monstrous as his dad, he still is primarily a run defender.  IMO he'd be a great compliment to Quinnen.  Not sure if he'd make it to the 3rd but my hope is either he or T'Vondre Sweat(another beast run defender) will be there in the 3rd.

• Upvote 1

7- Joe Alt - OT

Obvious choice, OT is a desperate need.

73 - Malachi Corley - WR - Western Kentucky

Corley is a real play maker BUT the issue is you need a scheme to make the most of his Deebo like talents.   Get him the ball and he will make plays.

104 - Kiran Amegadji - OT - Yale

A promising developmental guy with good traits.  Double dipping at Tackle is a good thing imo.

131 - Michael Prett - QB - Tulane

Our mid round developmental QB to sit behind Rodgers and a viable vet backup.

185 - Jacob Cowing - WR - Arizona

Not a big guy but smooth and fast

193 - Aaron Casey LB - Indiana

We need a bit more depth a LB, this guy might just be a special teamer.

• Upvote 1

image.thumb.png.921d8dae33b85d5f66fc7dd91eef0961.png

Don't think this is entirely realistic and I did want to hit WR a little harder but it came out fun.

Wasn’t planning to double dip at tackle or QB but the way the board fell both seemed reasonable and I actually liked both. Maybe gives Suamataia some development time and Travis is hopefully good to have in the locker room for a year post injury regardless of whether they go QB before.

Doubt McCarthy is there in the second but basically getting him for free with getting Alt anyway after the trade down and just taking a shot on developing him in the second would be perfect.

What struck me the most is how much I think an upgrade at guard would help the team. Tackle is bad but Tomlinson for his money just isn’t remotely cutting it. The offensive line is such a mess.

• Upvote 3

this would be a dream our offense would be fixed and the kid can watch and learn behind the old guy\

NYJ
    Amarius Mims
    OT Georgia
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Bo Nix
    QB Oregon
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Patrick Paul
    OT Houston
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Roman Wilson
    WR Michigan
    NYJ
    Johnny Wilson
    WR Florida State
    NYJ
    Ty'Ron Hopper
    LB Missouri
    NYJ
    Joshua Gray
    OG Oregon State
  • Upvote 2

On 12/18/2023 at 9:40 AM, derp said:

image.thumb.png.921d8dae33b85d5f66fc7dd91eef0961.png

Don't think this is entirely realistic and I did want to hit WR a little harder but it came out fun.

Wasn’t planning to double dip at tackle or QB but the way the board fell both seemed reasonable and I actually liked both. Maybe gives Suamataia some development time and Travis is hopefully good to have in the locker room for a year post injury regardless of whether they go QB before.

Doubt McCarthy is there in the second but basically getting him for free with getting Alt anyway after the trade down and just taking a shot on developing him in the second would be perfect.

What struck me the most is how much I think an upgrade at guard would help the team. Tackle is bad but Tomlinson for his money just isn’t remotely cutting it. The offensive line is such a mess.

LOVE the double dip at QB and OT!

Wish it was Pratt and Travis though.  McCarthy is a future game manager, imo. 

I love the idea of trading back in this draft and recouping a 2nd rounder.  It seems like there are a bunch of second tier OTs after Fashanu and Alt.  Something like this would be amazing (Trading 9 for 13 and 44).

13. Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon State

44. J.J. McCarthy QB Michigan

73. Christian Mahogany OG Boston College

104. Blake Fisher OT Notre Dame

107. Blake Corum RB Michigan

Just did my first of the year, accepted a few trades that made sense from a value standpoint, and got a 2025 1st Rounder from the Raiders, who moved to 9 to take Jayden Daniels.... if it wasn't for ARod, I would take him there, but trying to "keep it real".

Went heavy on O-Line, grabbed a WR and TE (Yeboah and Uzomah are goners, imo) and a couple of interior D-Linemen to play the 4-3...

Screenshot2023-12-30131549.png.af30f4b7090b77ea125f21c169baabbf.png