You draft Brock Bowers

HessStation

4 hours ago, HessStation said:

I thought he was taller but my eyesight is for sh*t tbh 

I think he’s 6’2” whcih i am euphemistically calling 5’6” with heels for a top 10 TE

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

The hierarchy of football needs according to Accorsi 

Get the QB

Protect the QB

Rush the QB

it really has to be oline. 

AVT not being ready plus not having the ability to show he can stay healthy is prob my biggest concern going into next year. So not gonna argue that fact 

13 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Mitchel cant separate.  He's a big slot guy who gets jump balls and can only play facing the QB.  There are 20 of those in this draft.   There is 1 Bowers.

My man, I respect your takes but this is next level dumb sh*t.  Kelce was an all-pro w/ Alex Smith and saying that him at 36  years old isnt what he used to be is, duh wut who gives a **** and what does that have to do w/ a 21 year old kid?  lmfao 

Again, Pitts and Bowers are nothing alike, this a very lazy and awful comparison.  Nothing like each other at all.  And the only time Pitts had basic competent QB play as a rookie, he went for 1,000 yards.  His QB play has been atrocious since so again, using him example is lazy. 

"Nobody needs Bowers"?  I dont even know what this means.  Are you saying he doesnt belong in the NFL, like wtf?  lol 

They are alike both will be taken WAY to early in the draft stupidly.

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Why has Pitts been a bust? Is Bowers as good as Gronk? Tight end that early scares me. But Laporta and even Kincaid (I drafted him in the Jetnation 2023 Mock Draft) are studs. 

Pitts hasnt been a bust, that's just silly talk that people say because they drafted him high in fantasy football and he let them down.  He had 1 season w/ competent QB play and it was the shell of the former Matt Ryan.  He led the team in receptions and went over 1000 yards, as a rookie.  Fun fact time (JN loves to ignore facts); 2 tight ends in the history of the NFL have gone over a 1,000 yards a rookie.  Mike Ditka and Kyle Pitts.  He was banged up year 2 and then had a combo of Riddler and Heinicke throwing him the ball.  It's an interesting conversation because Drake London was taken 8th but you dont hear anyone calling him a bust yet, he's never had over a 1000 yards and never caught over 75 balls, etc. and in that situation, people are quick to point how bad the QB play and offensive design was on that team.  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Vader said:

Brock Bowers. Or is he just 5'6" without heels. hehe. he's a shrimp for top 10 TE

Isn't he 6'4", 240?

I look at it this way.   I top WR is making 25 million per.   Kelce is the highest paid TE, and is making 14.  There is simply a much higher value in taking a WR in the 1st round than taking a tight end.

3 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Pitts hasnt been a bust, that's just silly talk that people say because they drafted him high in fantasy football and he let them down.  He had 1 season w/ competent QB play and it was the shell of the former Matt Ryan.  He led the team in receptions and went over 1000 yards, as a rookie.  Fun fact time (JN loves to ignore facts); 2 tight ends in the history of the NFL have gone over a 1,000 yards a rookie.  Mike Ditka and Kyle Pitts.  He was banged up year 2 and then had a combo of Riddler and Heinicke throwing him the ball.  It's an interesting conversation because Drake London was taken 8th but you dont hear anyone calling him a bust yet, he's never had over a 1000 yards and never caught over 75 balls, etc. and in that situation, people are quick to point how bad the QB play and offensive design was on that team.  

Pitts has 2049 yards in his first 3 seasons.  For a guy taken 4th overall, I would want more production than that.  Not that he is a bust, but not what I want from a top 4 pick.

Drake London was taken 8th, and has 1771 yards in 2 seasons.  Also not a bust.

30 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Pitts has 2049 yards in his first 3 seasons.  For a guy taken 4th overall, I would want more production than that.  Not that he is a bust, but not what I want from a top 4 pick.

Drake London was taken 8th, and has 1771 yards in 2 seasons.  Also not a bust.

Kind of proving my point, Drake gets a pass but Pitts doesnt.  Ignoring Pitts and Ditka are in a category of their own and focus on overall stats while ignoring he Pitts was injured year he missed 7 games year 2.  lol  

And I dont think those numbers are what you want at 8 either, the next WR take was Garrett Wilson who has better numbers w/ worse QB play. 

Personally, I think both players are extremely talented but handicapped by a terrible antiquated offense and horrible QB play.