All this talk about Leinart, Young, and Cutler. What about satisfying all needs with our draft, taking a defensive player at 4, Mangold at 29, and Omar Jacobs in the 3rd . . . the kid is impressive! Great numbers on the field, very well spoken, smart, all around package. This kid is gonna sneak out and be one of the top QB's from this draft.

Position: Quarterback

School: Bowling Green

Height: 6-4

Weight: 225

40-Yard Dash: 4.55 (EST)

Positives:

I am not going to waste any time in saying that I absolutely love Jacobs and prefer him over Matt Leinart. Jacobs will be a better NFL quarterback. He has a huge arm, good vision, and great mobility. He has gotten the most out of the marginal talent that he has around him. He threw for 41 touchdowns as a sophomore and ranked third nationally in pass efficiency. Has shattered all kinds of conference records while still a young quarterback. Also does very well in the classroom, a testament to his dedication on and off the field.

Negatives:

While I find very few aspects of his game that do not translate into NFL success, it must at least be mentioned that he has not played against consistent top-flight competition. Only games against Miami and Wisconsin this season would be considered as good, hard-nosed college football defenses.

Overview:

Considering that Jacobs completed 30-of-51 passes for a career-best 458 yards and five touchdowns against Wisconsin, it would be safe to say that that the competition argument is a moot point. Jacobs has done all that he can with the team and the players that surround him. He has all the tools necessary to be great in the NFL, even though the learning curve may take a little longer.

Although I see Jacobs as a solid first-round selection, he probably will not go until the second or third. But whoever lands him will be landing a franchise quarterback.

things are starting to sure up, I really like taking Jacobs in the 3rd, and concentrating on D fence and O Line in rounds one and two . . . this really could end up as one of our best drafts, that is if we dont pull a JETS and screw it up!

I have a MAC biasis, but I really love Jacobs. If we could grab him with our 3rd it would be outstanding. The MAC has been known to produce decent QBs ( Penny, Leftwich, Rothlisberger) and I think he will continue the trend.

There are three QB's that every talks about taking in the 3rd - 4th round, Jacobs, Whitehurst and Croyle. I am not crazy about any of them.

To me Whitehurst seems to translate best to the pros because he "looks the part", meaning he throws a nice ball, good mechanics, good build. But, it bothers me that his numbers were mediocre at Clemson and he never became a top level college QB and now wants to be a successful pro QB.

Jacobs seems to have a lot of the physical qualities of the position and definitely was successful in college, however it was at a lesser program. I don't like what is written about his delivery and I think there is a big break in period for him because he is stepping up in competition. Also, the numbers he put up in college were amassed in an offense where he threw short passes to the middle of the field and relied on runs after the catch. So, can he make the throws needed in the pros to receivers covered by professional level QBs?

Croyle seems to have the best arm and a real good pedigree coming from an SEC school and putting up good numbers. I just think the guy could get killed in the pros physically. He was injured in college and his build makes Chad Pennington look like Charles Atlas. I guess I am saying, let's pass on all three of these guys?

There are three QB's that every talks about taking in the 3rd - 4th round, Jacobs, Whitehurst and Croyle. I am not crazy about any of them.

To me Whitehurst seems to translate best to the pros because he "looks the part", meaning he throws a nice ball, good mechanics, good build. But, it bothers me that his numbers were mediocre at Clemson and he never became a top level college QB and now wants to be a successful pro QB.

Jacobs seems to have a lot of the physical qualities of the position and definitely was successful in college, however it was at a lesser program. I don't like what is written about his delivery and I think there is a big break in period for him because he is stepping up in competition. Also, the numbers he put up in college were amassed in an offense where he threw short passes to the middle of the field and relied on runs after the catch. So, can he make the throws needed in the pros to receivers covered by professional level QBs?

Croyle seems to have the best arm and a real good pedigree coming from an SEC school and putting up good numbers. I just think the guy could get killed in the pros physically. He was injured in college and his build makes Chad Pennington look like Charles Atlas. I guess I am saying, let's pass on all three of these guys?

All of them will be good qbs but they are risky.

Whitehurst will nurse his throwing shoulder and study to kill some flaws in mechanic and reading defense...

Jacobs will need to improvise his throwing mechanic to be an efficient qb and study harder on plays and reading defense.....

Croyle will bulk up about 15-25 pounds on him and skim on gameplanning material.

If they fail to complete within 3 years then they are no good to us..