Jim Harbaugh is going to the Chargers

The harbaugh worship is really odd. He couldn’t beat OSU and then he started cheating. Never recruited or developed a QB that did anything in the NFL. 

Just weird to me. 

Active Michigan Quarterbacks in the NFL:

There are currently no former Michigan quarterbacks on active rosters or practice squads in the NFL. 

😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

The harbaugh worship is really odd. He couldn’t beat OSU and then he started cheating. Never recruited or developed a QB that did anything in the NFL. 

Just weird to me. 

There are currently no former Michigan quarterbacks on active rosters or practice squads in the NFL. 

😂😂😂

He coached a team to the Super Bowl and won a Nat'y - want to list the coaches who have done that? 

How did Alex Smith and Kaep perform while was in the league? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Jim Harbaugh leaves Ann Arbor, Michigan, with a 3-5record against Ohio State and a 2-7 record in bowl games.

Larz - the only person in the world, focused on Jim Harbaugh's record vs. Ohio St. a week after Michigan, just went undefeated and won the Nat'y.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Larz - the only person in the world, focused on Jim Harbaugh's record vs. Ohio St. a week after Michigan, just went undefeated and won the Nat'y.  

Cheated his way.  I’m just not that into him. 

• Upvote 1

The woe is me in this thread is pathetic. Crying about him making them an immediate contender is almost as stupid as crying about not getting him for the Jets. 

1) We were never in contention for him
2) That team isn't great, they have financial/cap issues, and their QB is an ultra-talented soft surfer bro; basically the equal opposite of Harbaugh.
3) They play against Mahomes, Payton, and the upstart Raiders 6x a year

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

This era of the AFC is brutal. Herbert is still flying under the radar for a lot of NFL fans. He has the potential to be on everyone’s top 5 list. Staley and the chargers staff were doing everything in their power to keep that team from ascending. Within a season or two, Harbaugh will turn these chargers into a KC type franchise where they are in it every year. 

Precisely. Harbaugh will have them turned around next season after a good draft while we are diddling in place. To say we are just a healthy Rodgers and an OL away from the playoffs is delusional.

6 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

The woe is me in this thread is pathetic. Crying about him making them an immediate contender is almost as stupid as crying about not getting him for the Jets. 

1) We were never in contention for him
2) That team isn't great, they have financial/cap issues, and their QB is an ultra-talented soft surfer bro; basically the equal opposite of Harbaugh.
3) They play against Mahomes, Payton, and the upstart Raiders 6x a year

The woe is me is because the Chargers will have a plan that builds on a young and properly sized NFL QB with a competent coach. What is our plan with a 41 year old? 

• Upvote 1

With all the hysterical doom and gloom defeatism and butthurt over this hire, I'm just surprised no one has as-yet posted the old "What if he trades for/signs Zach as his backup, and turns him into a 10-time Pro Bowl QB!!!!" meme yet too. 

This hire changes nothing for us.  We aren't likely going to compete for a playoff spot next year anyway.  Lol.  More likely we finish 4th in the AFC East than 1st.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

And then bailed before the penalties could come down (Brilliant). I'd love to see the NCAA vacate every win of the last three years.

Vacating wins doesn't hurt Harbaugh.

Taking back his salary for all the years he cheated would hurt him.  Every contract for a Head Coach in the NCAA should have language in it (required by the NCAA) that would allow for that.

But the NCAA doesn't care about punishing the true perpetrator of these things.

FWIW going to other teams games and stealing their signs is 100% legal. That's why teams change signs regularly just like they do in baseball. Its not like Belichick who actually had video of other teams practices. BIG Difference. 

If you are a football coach and don't regularly change signs or signals then shame on you for being an Idiot. 

Jim Harbaugh will once again be in the top 5 of NFL elite coaches ... I've been screaming for him to be the Jets head man for years if Idiot Woody (who i hear loves Harbaugh) would have opened the bank. Not sure what he's getting in LA but if you truly want to win if I were Woody I would have had some type of meeting with him to feel out the situation . Yes I know Harbaugh probably preferred the west coast big big money is hard to turn down.

Harbaugh took over a SF team which was a complete cluster F.   Singletary and Tomsula destroyed that team.   He had a record of 44 19 and 1 in 4 years and had a 5 and 3 playoff record.  

College football is a recruiting game.  Harbaugh's SF teams were tough as nails on D and creative on O.  Alex Smith was considered a complete bust before Harbaugh turned him around.   Kapernick was looked at as an experiment who outperformed the Great Aaron Rodgers in the first round of the playoffs when they actually went to a SB. 

He's in the argument as one of the top 4 coaches in the NFL right now. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Cheated his way.  I’m just not that into him. 

Sure, I guess but you're over here stating his record vs. another team, without any context, while they're still celebrating being National Champs and thats besides the fact that OSU hasnt beat him since 2019 and he took over a 4 win program.  lol  And did he cheat when he rebuilt the 49'ers and lead them to the Super Bowl and turned around a franchise that was in utter despair? 

You can be not into him, all good but the bottom line is, coaching is about results and Harbaugh has success everywhere he goes.  The fact that he's taken a team to a team to SB and Nat'y puts him in extremely rare air in the history of coaches. 

• Upvote 1

the jets have one of the worst gms in the league and won of the worst head coaches in the league -this is not an opinion but a fact as shown by their win loss record-I am so thankful I am not writing those season ticket checks anymore... It pains me to see almost all of the other teams upgrading their rosters and ones in need of coaches bringing in better ones than our trash 

18 hours ago, Larz said:

Just weird to me. 

😂😂😂

Yeah I’m sure Ohio State doesn’t pay players.  They only have 2-3 future all pro NFL WRs on their roster every year

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2024 at 10:09 AM, Larz said:

Jim Harbaugh leaves Ann Arbor, Michigan, with a 3-5 record against Ohio State and a 2-7 record in bowl games.

you forgot the 3 consecutive big 10 titles, 3 consecutive wins over ohio state, and reigning national champion.

but yeah.

5 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

he was never coming here.  It’s clear he either wants to live and work either on the west coast or his college alma matter

He was ready to sign with Minnesota last year until they balked at the last minute.

I think he lucked out that the Vikings did that as he won a Natty solidifying his collegiate coaching legacy and now has a pro team with a young stud QB in the best climate year round in America.

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

He was ready to sign with Minnesota last year until they balked at the last minute.

I think he lucked out that the Vikings did that as he won a Natty solidifying his collegiate coaching legacy and now has a pro team with a young stud QB in the best climate year round in America.

Either way he’s not coming to NY to work for the worst owner in sports