Jets Hire WR Coach Shawn Jefferson, Again

I don't know a damn thing about this guy other than seeing him on Hard Knocks the year before us, with Arizona.  I do know that I like Van though, especially as a #4.  I think he'd slot pretty nicely between Lazard and Gipson.  We'd still need that #2 WR but if we get that guy through the draft, it would make sense to bring in a veteran 4 like VJ.  

People on here judging a WR coach on FA's the Jets could get if they hired him, his teams record the previous year and his son's talent lmfao. like. wut?

The dude has been a WR coach in the league for like 15 + years. He has been on the Jets so they know what they are getting. He may have a coaching connection from his days on the Titans. So this makes sense. And he's a WR coach! Hate to break it to you, he may help our young WRs but we're not going to substantially improve the receiving room just by adding this guy. We will need to add premium talent to the roster. Lazard is not going to stop dropping passes and we're not going to have our hole at #2 across from GW disappear because we got a good WR coach - whether its this guy or someone else. And BTW- he doesn't call the plays. 

• Upvote 3