Russini and Rosenblatt: 2023 Jets a dysfunctional mess; Saleh paranoid, Hackett lazy, Zach a tittybaby

4 minutes ago, PS17 said:

How is JD not mentioned once in this article? Peculiar. 

The GM in this organization is last in the pecking order. The media never really pursued anything with Maccagnan either. I recall during Gases intro Maccagnan was just sitting at the podium doing nothing and not one reporter asked him a questions

I’m kind of making the conclusion Douglas doesn’t have much of a say outside of putting together the top 300 for the draft. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Nice recap. But, none of it is a surprise like at all. The real awful part is it’s not over yet and next year it’s all just going to get worse. They say winning cures all ills but this team is well past that in my opinion. Nothing but old fashion bleach, taking the trash to the curb and starting over is going to fix this reactionary mess of total and complete  incompetence.  

ya got something stronger than bleach?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Beningo alluded to this. Yikes. 

This all reads like a hit piece from Zach Wilson on his way out, so some grains of salt are required.

However,  the head coach and OC come off even worse than we thought, which is saying something. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

*Reporter reports news*

Jets fans:

”She’s angry at the jets” 

No dude she’s just doing her job 

And plus we are living in the age of Aquarius = all frauds will be exposed 

Reporters post negative stuff about Jets—they’re doing their job.

Reporters post something positive—it’s a fluff article, Jets propaganda.

She’s the only reporter that’s been running with this story for weeks.

This attitude of enjoyment that so many of you get when the team gets bashed is weird.  I know it’s a means to an end for many of you that want every single person fired.  But I’m sorry, it’s weird.

Plus it’ll only be a matter of time that everyone turns on the new regime. 

Maybe I just need to try to stay out of negative threads and let the diseased fans enjoy the team bashing, which is the pinnacle of their fandom. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

This attitude of enjoyment that so many of you get when the team gets bashed is weird.  I know it’s a means to an end for many of you that want every single person fired.  But I’m sorry, it’s weird.

Maybe I just need to try to stay out of negative threads and let the diseased fans enjoy the team bashing, which is the pinnacle of their fandom. 

If you're a Jets fan and don't hate the Jets your a Woody sycophant. 

Delusions are not an indication of sound mental health.

• Upvote 4

57 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If this is true, it's pretty amazing (though not surprising).  A lazy OC, a dumb-as-rocks paranoid HC and an owner obsessed with reading comments.

Does the article say what caused the abandonment?  Didn't ZW start to show promise for a little while there?

Understandably.  I bet the entire team felt that way to a degree.  In HK, I remember Ulbrich speaking to the team and showing a replay of AR8 throwing a TD to the opposite corner of the end zone.  Ulbrich said something like "this is our QB this year".  Why would our DC be saying this to his squad?  I mean, I get that he might be trying to say "you're going to have more slack to make mistakes this year" but even that seems like the wrong attitude to try to instill in your defensive guys.  Things must've been 10x worse for ZW, having to constantly hear about this.

Hilarious!  I wish some of the audio of these convos were leaked.

Pathetic.  The guy talked Navy Seals (aka "extreme ownership"), yet never applied it to himself.  I saw (and pointed out) signs of this all year long.  I can't stand Saleh.  He may have been JD's worst decision.  I'm already looking forward to whoever our next disaster of a HC of the NYJ is going to be.

The synopsis by Shane is largely right.  I honestly didn’t think the coaches would have to get woodys permission to bench players.  Saleh also seems pretty thin skinned.  As for Hackett, I think this is also on saleh for not specifically stating what the oc is supposed to do and running a frat boy coaching staff. I don’t blame Zach for his stance on going back in after being benched for the rest of the season.  Not exactly the way to build up a QBs confidence.  Again, this is on saleh.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Falco21 said:

Can not wait for Rodgers to be healthy and this Zach Wilson piece of sh*t is gone.

All will be right in the world at that point

It wasn’t Zach; it was a former coach that didn’t like getting fired.

Regardless, this particular 🐀 is out of the building.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

For a team who was ready to win this season, and the fans were told as such, finding out why Zach Wilson was allowed to sabotage the season is something worth finding out. Every single person (besides Woody apparently) knew he could not play. The 2023 season was a complete waste of time. Multiple other organizations pivoted once their starting QB went down. The Jets did not. The Jets now have cap issues, will likely lose Bryce Huff and are guaranteed nothing with a year older Rodgers coming off a major injury next season. 

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Imagine thinking it wasnt Woody who forced Zach on the team at this point

Of all the insanity in this article - I simply cannot believe that playing time decisions would have to EVER be part of a conversation with the owner. 

If you want to tell me the owner has input or sits in on draft stuff - ok. If a meeting takes place with an owner about a huge personnel thing like a high picked rookie playing - ok. I can even see that 

But how on earth could Woody Johnson possibly have to approve Carter Warren playing RT???  In what world would any competent individual say that’s ok?

Saleh literally never has to worry about money again. Why would he and JD acccept having to let Woody be part of playing time decisions. It’s the actual definition of inexplicable 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

The main issue is pretty obvious…Woody.

The owner being influenced by fans on Twitter and then confronting staff is crazy. How can an organization function like that? That shows a lack of trust. I’d be paranoid as hell if I was Saleh and JD. What a sh*t show.

Owners making football decision 🤦‍♂️ 

IMG_0580.jpeg

IMG_0579.jpeg

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Of all the insanity in this article - I simply cannot believe that playing time decisions would have to EVER be part of a conversation with the owner. 

If you want to tell me the owner has input or sits in on draft stuff - ok. If a meeting takes place with an owner about a huge personnel thing like a high picked rookie playing - ok. I can even see that 

But how on earth could Woody Johnson possibly have to approve Carter Warren playing RT???  In what world would any competent individual say that’s ok?

Saleh literally never has to worry about money again. Why would he and JD acccept having to let Woody be part of playing time decisions. It’s the actual definition of inexplicable 

Woody has always loved to tinker. When FA money is tied to players, they likely need Woodys approval to bench them.