Jump to content

Spring 2024 - College Hoops Thread(Conference play, conf. tournaments, March Madness and betting lines!)


Recommended Posts

I thought we may need a thread for College Hoops this spring.  We're coming close to conference tourny time to be followed byt the NCAA tourny. 

How about this as the thread for all things College Hoops this spring, including sports betting? 

@Trotter @section314 @Green Ghost @Barry McCockinner @TuscanyTile2 @playtowinthegame @bitonti @Bugg + all others interested.

UCONN, HOUSTON, PURDUE or a dog?  I placed my futures on Huskies a month ago @ +1000.  Was tempted by Purdue and Houston, but can't forget Purdue's rd 1 exit last year.  Houston is the most fun defensive team out there.  Should be a great upcoming 9 weeks.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Huge game tonight as Huskies travel to Omaha to face a solid Creighton team.  Do Huskies make a statement here?  They beat the BlueJays by 14 in Storrs last month.  

I'm going with Huskies -3 @ -105.  I also like the o144.5 on this one. My favorite plays of the day.

Huskies are 6-1 on the road in conference play, somehow losing to Seton Hall by 15 in December.  Since then, 6-0 on the road in conference beating Butler by 7, Xavier by 5, Nova by 1, StJohnny by 13, Hoyas by 25 and DePaul by 36 (fwiw).   I'm willing to lay the 3..

edit:  On a smaller scale I also lean towards:
It's a big number, but I'm also going Baylor/BYU o155 as well as TCU/TxTch o147.

edit: Same Game parlay (SGP) tease: Baylor +9.5 and o148.5  +100.  
yeah... I'm following that one on DK for half unit. Can't resist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

I thought we may need a thread for College Hoops this spring.  We're coming close to conference tourny time to be followed byt the NCAA tourny. 

How about this as the thread for all things College Hoops this spring, including sports betting? 

@Trotter @section314 @Green Ghost @Barry McCockinner @TuscanyTile2 @playtowinthegame @bitonti @Bugg

UCONN, HOUSTON, PURDUE (loser in rd 1 last yr) or a dog?  I placed my futures on Huskies a month ago @ +1000.  Was tempted by Purdue and Houston, but can't forget Purdue's rd 1 exit last year.  Houston is the most fun defensive team out there.  Should be a great upcoming 9 weeks.

Between College hoops and the start of NFL offseason leading up to our JN mock, this will be a great 6-7 weeks. Think when everyone is at their best, UConn will be very hard to beat. The thing that would worry me would be that the big kid seems to be getting the rep with refs of getting these tricky tack fouls and is sitting way too much. That will come back to bite them as they go deeper. Speaking of them, interesting line tonight UConn -3.5 at Creighton. Vegas begging  you to take Huskies?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

Between College hoops and the start of NFL offseason leading up to our JN mock, this will be a great 6-7 weeks. Think when everyone is at their best, UConn will be very hard to beat. The thing that would worry me would be that the big kid seems to be getting the rep with refs of getting these tricky tack fouls and is sitting way too much. That will come back to bite them as they go deeper. Speaking of them, interesting line tonight UConn -3.5 at Creighton. Vegas begging  you to take Huskies?

absolutely.  But it doesn't bother me on this one.  It probably should though. 
its-a-trap.gif

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Huge game tonight as Huskies travel to Omaha to face a solid Creighton team.  Do Huskies make a statement here?  They beat the BlueJays by 14 in Storrs last month.  
I'm going with Huskies -3 @ -105.  I also like the o144.5 on this one. My favorite plays of the day.
Huskies are 6-1 on the road in conference play, somehow losing to Seton Hall by 15 in December.  Since then, 6-0 on the road in conference beating Butler by 7, Xavier by 5, Nova by 1, StJohnny by 13, Hoyas by 25 and DePaul by 36 (fwiw).   I'm willing to lay the 3..
edit:  On a smaller scale I also lean towards:
It's a big number, but I'm also going Baylor/BYU o155 as well as TCU/TxTch o147.
edit: Same Game parlay (SGP) tease: Baylor +9.5 and o148.5  +100.  
yeah... I'm following that one on DK for half unit. Can't resist.
I'm not sure if it's because I'm in CT but FanDuel (Mohegan Sun) doesn't have the option to bet the UCONN game. Anyone else have this issue?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
36 minutes ago, Dcat said:
Huge game tonight as Huskies travel to Omaha to face a solid Creighton team.  Do Huskies make a statement here?  They beat the BlueJays by 14 in Storrs last month.  
I'm going with Huskies -3 @ -105.  I also like the o144.5 on this one. My favorite plays of the day.
Huskies are 6-1 on the road in conference play, somehow losing to Seton Hall by 15 in December.  Since then, 6-0 on the road in conference beating Butler by 7, Xavier by 5, Nova by 1, StJohnny by 13, Hoyas by 25 and DePaul by 36 (fwiw).   I'm willing to lay the 3..
edit:  On a smaller scale I also lean towards:
It's a big number, but I'm also going Baylor/BYU o155 as well as TCU/TxTch o147.
edit: Same Game parlay (SGP) tease: Baylor +9.5 and o148.5  +100.  
yeah... I'm following that one on DK for half unit. Can't resist.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm in CT but FanDuel (Mohegan Sun) doesn't have the option to bet the UCONN game. Anyone else have this issue?

Same here in NJ.  State law.  No betting on NJ college team games, home or away.  Also (really really annoying), no betting on any college games taking place in the state at all including conference tournaments with teams NOT from NJ.  For example, the MAAC tournament every year in Atlantic City.  Can't bet on any of the games even if no NJ team involved.

edit:  there was actually a referendum on the NJ state ballot 2 years ago to remove this dumb rule.  The wording on it was so complicated and so poorly written (obviously by lawyers), that most people couldn't understand what it was doing.  Most voters didn't even know what the NJ College sports betting rule was in the first place, so of course the referendum lost by a wide margin. 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I miss our old NCAA bball threads. @nyjunc and @AzogtheDefiler going back and forth about whether unc or duke was the superior basketball program while blatantly ignoring UConn racking up championships in both the men and womens games. One of them even said that UConn men would never win another one after Calhoun retires....they now have 2 more under two head coaches and are the favorites this year.

@Jetsfan80, @nj meadowlands have you guys seen junc around anywhere? I miss him telling us all about his "deep connections". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I miss our old NCAA bball threads. @nyjunc and @AzogtheDefiler going back and forth about whether unc or duke was the superior basketball program while blatantly ignoring UConn racking up championships in both the men and womens games. One of them even said that UConn men would never win another one after Calhoun retires....they now have 2 more under two head coaches and are the favorites this year.

@Jetsfan80, @nj meadowlands have you guys seen junc around anywhere? I miss him telling us all about his "deep connections". 


Pretty sure, like much of the Jets' fanbase at this point, he was fairly old, no?  Hate to say it but I think we've been losing a lot of posters lately and they're not coming back.  Not saying that's what happened with junc but its kinda the elephant in the room for posters like him and also @munchmemory.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Dcat said:

I thought we may need a thread for College Hoops this spring.  We're coming close to conference tourny time to be followed byt the NCAA tourny. 

How about this as the thread for all things College Hoops this spring, including sports betting? 

@Trotter @section314 @Green Ghost @Barry McCockinner @TuscanyTile2 @playtowinthegame @bitonti @Bugg + all others interested.

UCONN, HOUSTON, PURDUE or a dog?  I placed my futures on Huskies a month ago @ +1000.  Was tempted by Purdue and Houston, but can't forget Purdue's rd 1 exit last year.  Houston is the most fun defensive team out there.  Should be a great upcoming 9 weeks.

sounds like a good idea.

I am a novice when it comes to college BB but suprisingly having a decent season gambling wise.

Uconn at +1000 is sweet but my Lord did they get smoked last night.

Happens 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

sounds like a good idea.

I am a novice when it comes to college BB but suprisingly having a decent season gambling wise.

Uconn at +1000 is sweet but my Lord did they get smoked last night.

Happens 

Huskies shot 18% from 3-point range!  44% from 2-point .  It's like they weren't even there.  Creighton has become impressive.  Huskies didn't have any losses like that down the stretch in conference play last year.  I had a unit on the Huskies -3 and 3/4 U on the over, which hit.  

18% from 3-point land?  That's crazy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:


Pretty sure, like much of the Jets' fanbase at this point, he was fairly old, no?  Hate to say it but I think we've been losing a lot of posters lately and they're not coming back.  Not saying that's what happened with junc but its kinda the elephant in the room for posters like him and also @munchmemory.  

The Jets have been terrible at collecting new fans for the longest time.  The teenagers and young 20's rooting for Jets do so more because their family is/was Jets fans then themselves.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Dcat said:

Huge game tonight as Huskies travel to Omaha to face a solid Creighton team.  Do Huskies make a statement here?  They beat the BlueJays by 14 in Storrs last month.  

I'm going with Huskies -3 @ -105.  I also like the o144.5 on this one. My favorite plays of the day.

Huskies are 6-1 on the road in conference play, somehow losing to Seton Hall by 15 in December.  Since then, 6-0 on the road in conference beating Butler by 7, Xavier by 5, Nova by 1, StJohnny by 13, Hoyas by 25 and DePaul by 36 (fwiw).   I'm willing to lay the 3..

edit:  On a smaller scale I also lean towards:
It's a big number, but I'm also going Baylor/BYU o155 as well as TCU/TxTch o147.

edit: Same Game parlay (SGP) tease: Baylor +9.5 and o148.5  +100.  
yeah... I'm following that one on DK for half unit. Can't resist.

Huskies -3:  L, Huskies o144.5: W, Baylor o155: L, TCU o147: W, two teased SGPs: W, W.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Huskies shot 18% from 3-point range!  44% from 2-point .  It's like they weren't even there.  Creighton has become impressive.  Huskies didn't have any losses like that down the stretch in conference play last year.  I had a unit on the Huskies -3 and 3/4 U on the over, which hit.  

18% from 3-point land?  That's crazy.

Bad loss, but one we can afford. I'd rather face this adversity, get the loss out of the way now rather than 4 weeks from now, and reset for the stretch run. We'll still be a 1 seed in the tourney.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

South Florida Bulls -5.5 tonight?  On the road after a tremendous conference win.  Letdown spot for most teams.  8 pm tip off. Hmm. 

My others adds to my morning post for tonight: Clemson -7.5, Cincinnati -10

edit: just added Bulls -5.5  Letdown?  what letdown?

edit: Clemson (W), Cinci (L), Bulls won by 5, so that one stings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Dcat said:

South Florida Bulls -5.5 tonight?  On the road after a tremendous conference win.  Letdown spot for most teams.  8 pm tip off. Hmm. 

My others adds to my morning post for tonight: Clemson -7.5, Cincinnati -10

edit: just added Bulls -5.5  Letdown?  what letdown?

edit: Clemson (W), Cinci (L), Bulls won by 5, so that one stings.

Took a bit of a beating early last night with the Bonnie’s and lousville

live bet bama when they were down by a few and caught a very short ml parlay of unlv/New Mexico late

end result is a 400 loss became 100 so as you know that us considered a win

nba back tonight so a mix of that with college

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Loaded card today.  I think 136 games or more.  It's like a piñata.

But that in no way makes the choices any easier. Here's what I got thus far (a fkload of overs):

Missouri/Ark o146.5:  W  (Missou TT over too:  W
Iowa/Illini o167: W
SGP: Illini -4 & o161 W
Cinci/TCU o146.5: L
Pitt +2.5 > Va Tech

Alabama ML > Ky +124 (more with boosts)
Alabama +2.5
Bama/Ky o174.5
UTSA/N Tex o137.5
UC San Diego ML > Irvine -108
Little Rock -12 > Lindenwood
Kansas -8 > Tex
Richmond -5.5 > Davidson
Huskies/Nova o133.5

edit: added Illinois SGP, pitt +2.5, kansas
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ark, umass lowell and northeastern parlay all ml at -109

it is short I know but these type of wagers in college bb have been hitting for me over 60%
 

if I ever bet on the phoenix suns again someone please kick me in the nuts as hard as you can

the ultimate soft team

will look at mid afternoon games in a bit

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How did everyone's cbb weekend go?  I placed an avalanche of bets on Saturday.  Seriously.  Dozens.  When all was said and done, I ended up at  -$41.14.  LOL.  Too much faith in Alabama and not enough respect for Ky.  At least the over was a lock in that game.  Had Alabama won, it would have been a  profitable Saturday.  Fortunately Sunday's smaller card was very kind to me.  Up 2.3 units  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

tonight so far:  
North Carolina TT o84.5.  .75u.  I don't trust the game total over b/c... well....  Hurricanes. They are at the tail end of a major suck season and are a dead dog especially w/out Pack tonight.  Injuries and zero defense.  UNC hits that number half the time against good defenses.    Playing around now with the rest of the card.  Not sure yet on the others. 

edit: added 
Mia TT u70.5 .75u, UNC-14 .5u
Delaware -2.5 .5u, Delaware ML -140 .5u
Baylor +2.5 .75u, Baylor ML (boosted to +175) .25u, Baylor/TCU o148 .75u

edit: SWAC conference plays no defense.  I'm taking of the overs in 3 of their games, .5u each:
McNeese/Lamar o148.5, Ala A&M/Fla A&M o139.5, Tx Southern/ARPB o150.5  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you ever wonder if the ML odds are better than the spread odds?  I do all the time.  Here's a conversion chart that can be a handy tool in deciding whether ML or ATS is the better play.  

https://www.boydsbets.com/college-basketball-spread-to-moneyline-conversion/

For example, I was considering playing Delaware at home tonight.  -2.5 spread and -140 ML.  Chart says that -2.5 spread should be a -136 ML.  So in this case, the spread is a slightly better play.    (I think Delaware takes it.  Prefer the ML here and waiting for better odds or I'll pass. I don't want to lay points beyond -1)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Do you ever wonder if the ML odds are better than the spread odds?  I do all the time.  Here's a conversion chart that can be a handy tool in deciding whether ML or ATS is the better play.  

https://www.boydsbets.com/college-basketball-spread-to-moneyline-conversion/

For example, I was considering playing Delaware at home tonight.  -2.5 spread and -140 ML.  Chart says that -2.5 spread should be a -136 ML.  So in this case, the spread is a slightly better play.    (I think Delaware takes it.  Prefer the ML here and waiting for better odds or I'll pass. I don't want to lay points beyond -1)

Funny you bring up delaware

did not post it yet but I have nc, Kansas state and Delaware all ml at +121

thought that was good value for a 3 team parlay with two heavier favorites

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Funny you bring up delaware

did not post it yet but I have nc, Kansas state and Delaware all ml at +121

thought that was good value for a 3 team parlay with two heavier favorites

that's like changing Delaware from -140 to +120.  (yeah yeah no locks in cbb, but Miami is dreadful and so is WVA).  I might want to pair up UNC and K St + another more than once.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

that's like changing Delaware from -140 to +120.  (yeah yeah no locks in cbb, but Miami is dreadful and so is WVA).  I might want to pair up UNC and K St + another more than once.

If nc and Kansas state can take care of business, thus could be a nice night

dud not think of the angle of basically del becomes plus money by including the other two which should win

lets see and good luck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...