Yeah, our bullpen sucks and all...

Matt39

We can't hit. The Royals dont count. Sheffield, no matter the situation goes to the plate with the same approach. Giambi doesn't even look to try and hit anymore. Watching Arod for 162 games makes you realize the guy just doesn't get it done when we need him. Posada's been done forever, like I've said.

I trust three guys at the plate for the Yankees:

Jeter

Damon

Matsui

That's it.

The bigggest problem with the Yankees since they brought in all of these sluggers is the can't get a hit when it counts. Yeah, all those home runs look pretty and all, but when was the last time the Yankees had runners on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs and someone hit a double into the gap?

I already know how the seasons going to end. Impressive regular season beating up on bad pitching, then heading into the playoffs not being able to hit a lick.

Mussina pitched his tail off last night.

We can't hit. The Royals dont count. Sheffield, no matter the situation goes to the plate with the same approach. Giambi doesn't even look to try and hit anymore. Watching Arod for 162 games makes you realize the guy just doesn't get it done when we need him. Posada's been done forever, like I've said.

I trust three guys at the plate for the Yankees:

Jeter

Damon

Matsui

That's it.

The bigggest problem with the Yankees since they brought in all of these sluggers is the can't get a hit when it counts. Yeah, all those home runs look pretty and all, but when was the last time the Yankees had runners on 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs and someone hit a double into the gap?

I already know how the seasons going to end. Impressive regular season beating up on bad pitching, then heading into the playoffs not being able to hit a lick.

Mussina pitched his tail off last night.

Really makes you realize just how great it was to have guys like Tino Martinez,Paul O'Neill,and Scott Brosius huh?

I was thinking the same thing this morning. We got so used to having great players that they were eventually taken for granted. Gary Sheffield couldn't carry Paul O' Neills jock.

That being said, it's a long season and once this team gets in to the playoffs, anything can happen.

Another thing that struck me watching last nights game was that despite Damon's nice running catch, the Yanks may be the worst defensive outfield in all of Baseball.

Maybe the Yanks really do need to put together a huge package for Hunter if the Twins are out of it by the trade deadline.

Archived