List of Players Jets Met With at Bowls, Combine & Pro Day- No Bowers

• 32EBoozer changed the title to List of Players Jets Met With at Bowls, Combine & Pro Day- No Bowers
  • 3 weeks later...

It displays that the Jets are aggressively meeting with prospects from various events such as the Hula Bowl, Shrine Bowl, and more. It's interesting to see how their reconnaissance efforts vary across roles and events.Insta pro

It’s all smoke and mirrors. Jets want player A to fall to them in the draft so they meet with player B and express interest in player B. Of course they probably accidentally ran into player A somewhere along the line. Normally this would be true but for this draft I think the Jets finally woke up ahead of time and signed the right players in free agency so the Jets can sit back and draft the stud that they like at 10 without worrying about losing the 1 pick they really want. 

• Upvote 2

Ryan Fowler @_RyanFowler_

The New York Jets are hosting Tulane QB Michael Pratt for a visit this week, source said.

Talented signal-caller is expected to hear his name called in the middle rounds.

• Upvote 1

the Jets TE coach was at Bowers pro day work out so we can put the title of this thread to bed 

fwiw there's too much smoke around Jets to Bowers for there not to be any fire 

It's not what I would do personally but don't be shocked when they do this in one last ditch attempt to make a run with Rodgers 

52 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I like that that not only met but had dinner with tyler guyton. Thats our OT when we trade down 8 spots and pick up a second rounder!

::insert the "but but but nobody will trade up to 10!" parroting::

Where was that reported?

I like Guyton under your scenario. He can sit behind T.Smith, but could also play some if needed. Use 2nd rounder obtained on WR.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Jets TE coach was at Bowers pro day work out so we can put the title of this thread to bed 

It's not what I would do personally but don't be shocked when they do this in one last ditch attempt to make a run with Rodgers 

He’s good so you may as well send your TE coach to watch him.  

• Haha 1

On 3/20/2024 at 5:42 AM, 32EBoozer said:

So far, these appear to be the only 2 WR Jets have met with thru the NFL Combine.

Oregon WR- Troy Franklin 

Virginia WR- Malik Washington 

Several QB’s and OT on the list

Sorry for the formatting. 😞

Jets
Pro Days/Workouts/Private Meetings
The Jets had a dinner meeting with Arizona OT Jordan Morgan before his pro day. (Tony Pauline)
New York also had a private workout with Toronto Argonauts CB Qwan’tez Stiggers. (Tony Pauline)
The Jets met with Oregon WR Troy Franklin following his pro day. (Tony Pauline)
Western Michigan DE Marshawn Kneeland met with the Jets at his pro day. (Tony Pauline)
Combine Formal Interviews
According to Ian Rapoport, LSU QB Jayden Daniels has formal

Combine interviews with 10 teams, including the Jets, on his schedule.
According to Ian Rapoport, USC QB Caleb Williams has formal interviews scheduled with eight teams at the Scouting Combine, including the Jets.
North Carolina QB Drake Maye met with 10 teams for formal interviews at the Combine, including the Jets, according to Ian Rapoport.
Notre Dame OT Joe Alt said he met with the Jets at the Combine. (Tom Downey)
Penn State OT Olu Fashanu‘s Combine formal meeting schedule included an interview with the Jets. (Tom Downey) Washington State S Jaden Hicks had a formal Combine interview with the Jets. (Tom Downey)
Texas DT Byron Murphy II had a formal Combine interview with the Jets. (Tom Downey)
Alabama OT JC Latham said he met with the Jets at the Combine.
All-Star Circuit
Memphis RB Blake Watson met with the Jets at the Hula Bowl. (Ryan Fowler)
North Carolina Central QB Davius Richard, who participated in the Hula Bowl and HBCU Bowl, has met with the Jets among other teams. (Ryan Fowler)
BYU QB Kedon Slovis had extended meeting time with the Jets at the Shrine Bowl, among other teams (Ryan Fowler)
Virginia WR Malik Washington had extended meetings with the Jets, among other teams, while at the Shrine Bowl. (Ryan
Fowler)
USF OL Donovan Jennings felt his meeting with the Jets at the Shrine Bowl was one of the ones that went the best. (Justin Melo)

Thank  you!

I love ppl like you who take time to bring stuff to us here....

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

No athletic testing? WTF

Not reading too much into this. I do think we go OL at 10 or in a trade back scenario. But Bowers doing nothing with us yet doesn't mean much to me and here's why.....

For starters 1/2 the stuff on the list he can't do. He's not a senior so he wasn't in the senior bowl or shrine game. That's 2 things he couldn't have done. He was recovering from an injury for the combine (keep in mind combine was pre FA where we likely didn't think we'd get 3 starting Olineman and Mike Williams) and barely met with anybody at this. He didn't participate in his pro day and isn't doing any workouts. So that eliminates pretty much everything he can do that others can do except a top 30 visit. Which I think we likely will do with him.

Also how about that the kid has been a 3 year starter in the SEC and has never lost a college football game in 3 seasons against the best competition a player can starting at age 18. All while looking elite. There's not much you need to study on him as a player to see he's great. The mental part of him I'd like to see us get to know. But all reports are that his football IQ is off the charts (hence why he was starting at TE as a freshman as a NC team) and no one has a bad thing to say about him. He's about as clean of a prospect as a kid gets.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, C Mart said:

Where was that reported?

I like Guyton under your scenario. He can sit behind T.Smith, but could also play some if needed. Use 2nd rounder obtained on WR.

Oh snap misread. It was jordan morgan

Aaron Wilson ⁦‪@AaronWilson_NFL‬⁩

#NFLDraft2024 cornerback Qwan'Tez Stiggers
⁦‪@TorontoArgos‬⁩ to visit #Bengals on Wednesday #BillsMafia Tuesday #Colts Monday, visited #CardinalsFriday after visiting #Chiefs Thursday had visits with #Seahawks #Vikings #Ravens #Broncos #Jets #Dolphins#Lions and #Texans visits per…

4/14/24, 7:54 PM

On 4/10/2024 at 2:02 PM, bitonti said:

Bowers to the Giants would be like when the board spent the whole pre-draft process talking Thibodeaux and they took him.

• Upvote 1

NFL Network’s Peter Schrager reports the Jets are hosting Georgia TE Brock Bowers for a visit.
Bowers has long been rumored as a target for the Jets, who are in desperate need of an upgrade at tight end. In addition to needing to upgrade the position, the Jets are also expected to prioritize offensive weapons for Aaron Rodgers, as the team has a limited Super Bowl window with him at the helm alongside an elite defense. Bowers, who has been viewed as a top tight end in the nation for the last few years, didn’t work out at the combine or his pro day, caught 175 passes for 2,538 yards and 26 touchdowns during his three-year career at Georgia, and broke out as a true freshman with a line of 56-882-13. He’s a lock to be the first tight end off the board and could be there for the Jets when they pick at No. 10.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:
Bowers has long been rumored as a target for the Jets, who are in desperate need of an upgrade at tight end. In addition to needing to upgrade the position, the Jets are also expected

Wut. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Peter Schrager ⁦‪@PSchrags‬⁩

Busy morning for the ⁦‪@nyjets‬⁩ …
1. New uniforms 
2. Aaron Rodgers is in the building 
3. Potential 10th overall pick Brock Bowers is coming for his visit. 

4/15/24, 9:36 AM

23 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Okay, so they're drafting Bowers.

magic GIF

Peter Schrager @PSchrags

Georgia tight end Brock Bowers will be in Florham Park today, on an official visit with the New York Jets. 👀
@gmfb