Hypothetical: The Jets trade up to 3. Who do you take?

Who would you take at 3?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you take at 3?

6 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I want a QB but MHJ is too freaking good

5 hours ago, PS17 said:

Selling the farm for anything other than QB is moronic 

Rich - please read PS17's comment.  

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Hold fast, Reply Guy. Are you familiar with the term “hypothetical”? Should we add it to this week’s vocab list along with “consensus”? I’m here to help you grow. 

Shouldn't a hypothetical be at least somewhat plausible? Just a tiny bit?

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If we're trading up to 1.03, it had better be for a QB.  So I would assume JD would want Maye (or possibly JJ).

Of course, why would New England trade with us in the first place?!  This hypothetical makes no sense.

It's hYpoTHetiCal!

8 hours ago, derp said:

Mark me with the you only make that trade for a QB group, and I like Maye.

Harrison is the best position player in the draft and the one who helps a win now team this year the most.

If you make it four it’s probably more fun to see the Alt vs. Harrison fight with some Nabers and McCarthy sprinkled in.

I wanted to see what Jets fans would do with the chance to draft a legitimately promising QB of the future vs drafting the guy(s) who’d help you win now. Thought there’d be more of a push to grab Maye while it was hypothetically in front of us 

13 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’d be surprised if he goes all the way up to 3 because that pick will be expensive and is a QB pick (plus can’t see NE trading with us). Arizona GM is openly talking about trading down I think that’s more of a match with us. And if that trade does go thru I think the obvious choice is Marvin Jr. We’d have the Ohio State brothers at WR forming an elite tandem for years to come. 

Thats why its a hypothetical

• Haha 1

The gravity of the situation is this

If the jets have another losing season below .500 then Jets will go into reset mode.  If AR then retires, the jets cap screwed for at least 2 more seasons (not looking up those details)

if all that happens Woody then needs to find a GM and HC willing to take on the aftermath which not pretty.  Meaning another 4 years of the next cheap bottom barrel GM and HC that will fumble thru and immediately start losing again, trading away the likes of GW, Sauce, etc.. to rebuild in their way.  We are looking at min 3/4 years of losing BUT maybe some fun drafts.

Any Given Sunday…they could do all the right things from here on out and pick/sign your favorite players in draft and FA.  Have awesome training camp and pre season and everyone including OL and AR stay healthy all season but still lose because of bad calls, wrong bounce, poor decisions and have that losing season where we have to reset.

Point is the odds are against success always so with the stakes so high you really need to stack any odds you can in your favor and to me is you do everything you can to get the best playmaker in this draft for this new passing league where you are not allowed to tackle anymore….MHJ

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

How impactful was Garrett Wilson last year when Aaron Rodgers got hurt and the offensive line was in shambles. Yes he is a great player, he definitely made plays but without an offensive line and quarterback we won't make the playoffs. If one of those linemen get hurt we are in trouble regardless of how many weapons we have we need someone who can jump in if one of them go down. For the record I don't think mhj is going to be the best receiver in the class I think both nabers and odunze will be better than him.

I hear you. But we have Carter Warren, who didn't get much camp in last year and came on strong at the end of the year. The chance that the rookie outplays him next year could be pretty slim IMO. They are very high on him. So the rookie will probably end up being the 2nd reserve tackle. We may need him but hopefully not. I, for one, believe that the lack of a QB to stretch the field has led to many of the OL injuries due to a constantly stacked box. Look for that to change with Arod. Add another 3rd round tackle to develop and we should be set. 

They should draft Odunze or Bowers. Sign another veteran offensive tackle who can start in a pinch, like Baktiari. That creates a strong enough patchwork Oline. Grab a playmaker to catch passes and let’s go win a Super Bowl. 

• Upvote 1

That was a lot harder than I thought it would be.

Ended up on the WR.

I do not think it is necessary to trade up in this draft to get a quality OT or two.

Just not comfortable enough with any of the top rated QBs.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

While we have you here, what do you want the Patriots to do in the draft? 

Take the QB that 'falls' to 3.  

I am good with Daniels or Maye.   I want to feel like TO again.

terrell owens images GIF

To quote Herm, "you play to win the game".  The Patriots are very likely to be drafting top 10 again next year.  The QBs will not be as good.  I do not want to trade down and build the team through the next two drafts and then try to solve the QB problem.  

Solve it now or at least try to solve it with guys being compared as 'Josh Allen light' or a 'not as good runner, but better passer than Lamar'.  

• Upvote 1

On 4/2/2024 at 8:24 AM, T0mShane said:

Obviously it’s unlikely to happen, but say Douglas pulls a 2020 49ers-style trade up to three. Who do you take? (presumes Caleb goes 1, Jayden Daniels goes 2.)

Havent we ALL told you to stop with the ayahuasca. Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

On 4/2/2024 at 8:24 AM, T0mShane said:

Obviously it’s unlikely to happen, but say Douglas pulls a 2020 49ers-style trade up to three. Who do you take? (presumes Caleb goes 1, Jayden Daniels goes 2.)

Zach Wilson's brother!