The jets should be favored to win the division and top 3 in the AFC rep

It took Red Sox fans nearly a 100 years to win a championship and in that time they wore their failures like a badge of honor. It was actually "cool" to be a Red Sox fan so you could revel in the misery. Hey look at me! The Red Sox suck but I know it and that makes me hip!!!

Jets fans haven't waited as long. We don't need 100 years. We need a little over half a century to become the new hapless franchise where it becomes hip and cool to rag on ourselves! We are the new trend setters! 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I try and hold my judgment of others for more important things:  Do they pay their staff a livable wage?  Do they not murder people?  Do they not hurt children?  The little things, you know?   JMO. 

🙏

People can evaluate and feel different ways about different levels of things at the same time.

i.e. I can judge murderers and rapists as horrible people AND concurrently lack respect ('sports-based respect', not broad societal respect) for 'general league fans' who say they like the Jets, Pats, Bills and Phins all at once. 

Similarly, if the topic is music, and the person I'm discussing it with says "Oh, I just listen to whatever is on the radio" I generally don't have much respect (music respect) for that person either.

And if you TRULY "held judgement" only for "more important things" then you wouldn't care at all how I feel about 'duel Jets/Bills Fans', would you, because how I feel about those fans is surely a minor minor minor thing, right?  So I guess you DO judge others on minor things after all, lol.

19 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Who did they lose besides Wilkins? Still have a pretty damn good offense.

Wilkins and Fangio are pretty significant loses on defense, IMO. Wilkins was their best DL and Fangio is one of the better DCs in the league. 

Chubb also tore his ACL on Christmas Eve and will likely miss significant time next year. Phillips tore his achilles on Black Friday - I assume he has a decent chance to be back by the opener? Their defense is definitely a question mark. The offense is loaded. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

People can evaluate and feel different ways about different levels of things at the same time.

i.e. I can judge murderers and rapists as horrible people AND concurrently lack respect ('sports-based respect', not broad societal respect) for 'general league fans' who say they like the Jets, Pats, Bills and Phins all at once. 

Similarly, if the topic is music, and the person I'm discussing it with says "Oh, I just listen to whatever is on the radio" I generally don't have much respect (music respect) for that person either.

And if you TRULY "held judgement" only for "more important things" then you wouldn't care at all how I feel about 'duel Jets/Bills Fans', would you, because how I feel about those fans is surely a minor minor minor thing, right?  So I guess you DO judge others on minor things after all, lol.

FB_IMG_1709822936292.jpg

They lost Wilkins and Hunt, as well as Van Ginkel. Chubb and Phillips both suffered serious injuries late last year so may not be back initially, and / or could take a while to get back to 100%.

And for all we talk about Rodgers staying healthy, Tua is every bit as much as injury risk.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I'd rather do that during the season and playoffs, and the offseason after a successful one.

Well sure but honestly I thought this was going to be a miserable offseason. Looked like no cap room, no second round pick, all the negative articles before free agency, the Rodgers controversies, I thought JD wouldn’t be able to get anyone. 

Instead he brought in Smith, Reddick , Williams, Moses and Tyrod.  That’s a huge upgrade and waaaay better than I thought possible. Even Simpson and Oliver are good pick ups and bringing back Clark Zuerlein and Morstead were sneaky good. 

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Well sure but honestly I thought this was going to be a miserable offseason. Looked like no cap room, no second round pick, all the negative articles before free agency, the Rodgers controversies, I thought JD wouldn’t be able to get anyone. 

Odd, it was pretty obvious JD was going to go all-in to save to job in this lame-duck season.  And the cap was never really an issue (yet, that time may still come sooner than we like).

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

With the diggs trade Buffalo is probably 2nd or tied for second with Miami on paper to win the division. 

The jets have the better defense, the better wrs after the draft and a better RB. Although cook is really good. 

As long as Joe brings in another quality backup swing tackle the line should hold up. 

If Allen helps Buffalo win the division again and has stats even close to the past 4 years he would then put himself in a different stratosphere imo. Even if Buffalo doesn't win the Superbowl it's just a different level of elite that can't be denied anymore. I don't think it will happen but if it does he would be the undeniable MVP

Jets 13-4

Dolphins 10-7

Buffalo 10-7

Cheaters/massage weird team 4-13

Are You High GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

It took Red Sox fans nearly a 100 years to win a championship and in that time they wore their failures like a badge of honor. It was actually "cool" to be a Red Sox fan so you could revel in the misery. Hey look at me! The Red Sox suck but I know it and that makes me hip!!!

Jets fans haven't waited as long. We don't need 100 years. We need a little over half a century to become the new hapless franchise where it becomes hip and cool to rag on ourselves! We are the new trend setters! 

Yeah, but....

There was an endearing quality to being a Sox fan.  I agree.  It was lost in 2004.  I will not call it cool by any stretch.  If any replay comes on of the 1986 World Series, even after four World Series titles, I turn the channel or turn the TV off.  I am still haunted by that nut punch.  

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Yeah, but....

There was an endearing quality to being a Sox fan.  I agree.  It was lost in 2004.  I will not call it cool by any stretch.  If any replay comes on of the 1986 World Series, even after four World Series titles, I turn the channel or turn the TV off.  I am still haunted by that nut punch.  

Thanks for chiming in! I remember going to Patriots games at Foxboro where there were tons of Jets fans that chanted "beat your wife, Irving, beat your wife!" Ah, the good ole days!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Phillips and chubb are basically out for the year with injuries

Ramsey has a chronic knee issue and is not a great cb anymore. They lost their best lineman in hunt, and Howard even at his age is better than Fuller. The center is a big downgrade. Their left side of the Oline is literally always hurt...

Add in yet another new dc with a new system, their defense could take a big step back. Theur Oline is an injury away from being an absolute mess

They don't have a 3rd or 4th rd pick 

They'll be competitive but they're not as good as the jets

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

If you say so.

I don't agree.  I cannot fathom a world where you could be a die hard fan of a team, and a big fan of it's rival as well.  

But the worlds a different place than when I was learning fandom.  Rivalries really don't exist like they once did, with FA, fantasy football and sports gambling all working to make folks into generic league fans as opposed to real die-hards of a single team.

To each their own, but I don't really respect a "Jets Fan" who also just loves the Bills or Dolphins or Pats too.  JMO.

I don't love both teams

I love the jets. Grew up a jets fan. I follow the bills like I follow the cubs. There's something about being a lovable loser that is endearing or fun to root for. Maybe that's silly idk. I also absolutely love watching Josh Allen, the modern day Brett favre imo. Favre is my all time favorite NFL player

If the jets played the bills in the AFC championship I'd want the jets to win. 

6 hours ago, bicketybam said:

After the Jets get eliminated, I also root for the Bills. They are the only NY team if you think about it.

Miami will always bey #1 most hated team. Pats are #2. I really like Josh Allen. Is he a HoF QB? No. But I'd take him in a nanosecond. 

Why do you think Allen is not a hof level QB or on that trajectory? He's got all time historical numbers. I'm curious of your opinion

8 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

We have Aaron Rodgers. Again even if he's 85-90% of himself, that combo with the jets defense is an extremely formidable championship contender. 

He’s 41 coming off a major leg injury.  Rodgers isn’t a running qb but he does roll out of the pocket a lot so he does use his legs he’s not a strict drop back qb like Brady or Testaverde

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He’s 41 coming off a major leg injury.  Rodgers isn’t a running qb but he does roll out of the pocket a lot so he does use his legs he’s not a strict drop back qb like Brady or Testaverde

True but again even if he's aged a bit. 85% Rodgers with the jets defense is legitimate

No Saleh coached team should be favored to win anything.

In case the PVO BS and ridiculous ZW coachspeak weren’t enough:

When your HC literally spends more time researching excuse-making (that stupid soliloquy about HC’s records with backup QBs) than in actually trying to fix his lifeless offense, that’s a major major red flag.

Bro cares more about trying to save face than obtaining actual results.

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

Warfish - The person where the attempts at comedy tie a slow, philosophical death!

6 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Warfish - The person where the attempts at comedy tie a slow, philosophical death!

The only comedy here is the existence of Duel-Bill-Jet Fans. 

Go Bills! er, Jets.  Go Bill-Jets!  Lol.  But on the bright side, you get twice the chances to have a winner, so I guess that's cool.  Now I know what to get you for Christmas this year, a Bills Allen Jersey.   

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Go Bills! er, Jets.  Go Bill-Jets!  Lol.  But on the bright side, you get twice the chances to have a winner, so I guess that's cool.  Now I know what to get you for Christmas this year, a Bills Allen Jersey.   

It's not equal lol. I told you my heart is with the jets. Buffalo is like that cool friend you have but he's always got bad luck, but he's funny and a cool drinking buddy. In other words, the opposite of people from Boston 

10 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

It's not equal lol. I told you my heart is with the jets.

Your chosen name clearly shows that, how could anyone doubt it "Kelly-Allen".

I'm thinking about asking Max to rename me "Marino&TuaRtheBEST", but like, my heart is tots with the Jets.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Your chosen name clearly shows that, how could anyone doubt it "Kelly-Allen".

I'm thinking about asking Max to rename me "Marino&TuaRtheBEST", but like, my heart is tots with the Jets.

By this logic why would my all time favorite QB be Brett favre 

15 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

Warfish  thinks I'm a double agent lol. 

Nope, just a run-of-the-mill troll from another team, like literally hundreds of others over the years.

You will never convince me that a Jets Fan would come to a Jets Forum and name himself "83Kelly2Allen18". 

Sorry.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

Why do you think Allen is not a hof level QB or on that trajectory? He's got all time historical numbers. I'm curious of your opinion

When I think of HoF QB that are still playing and not in there yet I think of guys like Mahomes and Rodgers. Or even guys recently retired like Rivers. You can also make a case for Russel Wilson based on his 10 year body of work.

I'm not saying Allen won't end up a HoF player but he's only been in the league 6 years and 2 of those years he was mediocre and bad. He needs at least another 4-5 more years of playing at an elite level for me to consider him a HoF player. He's not a Mahomes type player where you can punch his ticket after 6 years of starting. This is just my opinion, which you asked for!

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Warfish said:

When we win the Super Bowl I will send you photos from the Anchor Bar while I eat my Buffalo wings.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1