Total Solar Eclipse Today

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I’d bet every cent I make the rest of my life that Aaron Rodgers 1.) doesn’t believe it’s an eclipse, 2.) does believe it’s a conspiracy to get people to wear these glasses so our government can do ungodly things to them, and 3.) is 100% convinced he knows better than all of us, even if he knows nothing at all.

It's a very tempting bet. I'm going on vacation and could use some spending money.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

That was ******* WILD.

I can totally see how people 1000s of years ago were completely freaked out by what just happened.

You’re lucky to be in the direct path. Fairly underwhelming in NYC. 

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

You’re lucky to be in the direct path. Fairly underwhelming in NYC. 

I wasn't in the direct path and I thought it was pretty wild. Where I am in CT I saw about 91% coverage.

31 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

That was ******* WILD.

I can totally see how people 1000s of years ago were completely freaked out by what just happened.

My man hitting the jackpot again!  You're starting to turn into "The Most Interesting Man In The World".  Lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pac said:

Complete bust here in Rochester.  Cloud cover too intense to see sht. 

Personally don't care but a lot of people drove here from around the country lol.  Heard like 95% of airbnbs were rented. 

so you didn't streak ? What a disaster

• Haha 2

Just got home (11pm) from Lake Ontario (Sand Pond, near Oswego).

Ya, clouds drifted in and out during the eclipse, but the totality was amazing. Seeing the last spot of brightness disappear, and that Corona effect was truly amazing.

So anyway, what shoulda been a 60 minute drive south from Syracuse to Binghamton took nearly 3 hours. 60 miles of bumper to bumper traffic averaging 10-25 mph. We could look off in the distance to like 3 mountain valleys away, maybe 10-15 miles, and see nothing but a long, long line of red taillights off in the distance.

100% Eclipse traffic. All those millions of Eclipse watcher heading home at the same time! Never seen anything like that before.

But it was well worth it. So glad we went up!

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, The Crusher said:

One Taoist book says closing this gate, by contracting the pelvic floor and tightening the perineum, “prevents leakage of sexual essence/generative energy and preserves it so that it may be transformed into vital life force energy and spirit energy.”

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1