The Athletic latest mock

I've thought for awhile that there is a strong possibility they go for Bowers if they don't go QB. They need playmakers and Waller might retire.  They can go for a WR with their 2nd round pick if they feel they need more.

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Did they call it the Improbability Mock? 

It’s the “nobody has submitted this answer yet” mock. It’s like playing every number in roulette. The optics are “you got it right”, but the reality is you’re a big loser.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s the “nobody has submitted this answer yet” mock. It’s like playing every number in roulette. The optics are “you got it right”, but the reality is you’re a big loser.

Lol, if over the course of two months you mock everyone everywhere, at some point you would’ve been right! 

• Upvote 1

It's all a crap shoot as I keep thinking of the pre draft hype of Barkevious Mingo to the Jets when we had the 9th pick in 2013.

Mingo gets picked 6th while we get Dee Milner at 9, two guys who both underwhelmed in the NFL,  and then so many talented guys like DeAndre Hopkins, Travis Kelce and Leveon Bell, to name a few,  get picked later...

Bowers I think will underwhelm and is too risky IMO...

WR Odunze yes, or if possible trade down if he's not there and get a WR, OL with next 2 picks

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Here, have some cheese, it pairs perfectly with your whine.

G2cxDvw&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

That’s exactly what I ate when I was celebratin when they gave up a 63 point lead to Jacoby Brissett but PULLED IT OUT!!

Now it’s just me and the fellas gettin together for a glass of the bubbly on the anniversary 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

IF the big three receivers are gone and we settle on a tackle, this is the guy I want after Alt. 

The WR class is more so a big 4. Brian Thomas Jr. seems to be legit and may have the most productive rookie season probably by default as the prospects drafted earlier are going to terrible situations. 

Hopefully we can trade back with the Saints or Raiders and come out with Troy Fautanu or Taliese Fuaga if we go OL.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

The WR class is more so a big 4. Brian Thomas Jr. seems to be legit and may have the most productive rookie season probably by default as the prospects drafted earlier are going to terrible situations. 

Hopefully we can trade back with the Saints or Raiders and come out with Troy Fautanu or Taliese Fuaga if we go OL.

Build the wall! And a wall behind that wall! And maybe a high fence!

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I’d throw my cat through the tv 

or vice versa

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

They’re all going to be great! And Latham. And Alt. All of them. Did I miss anybody?

15 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Build the wall! And a wall behind that wall! And maybe a high fence!

I’m hoping we pass on Bowers for any OT, not because he won’t be a good TE in the NFL, but because I’m looking forward to your meltdown :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Poop at the wall and pick what sticks mock!

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Baumgartner from The Athletic has the Giants trading up to 9 to get Bowers among other peculiar things.

https://theathletic.com/5394632/2024/04/08/nfl-mock-draft-2024-quarterbacks-drake-maye/?source=targeted_email&campaign=9519756&userId=6699977

1. Chicago Bears (from CAR): Caleb Williams, QB, USC

Another new era in Chicago begins, this time with the best playmaker in the draft. Williams comes with his quirks and a pretty unique personality — but he’s even more unique on the field. A big day for the Bears.

2. Washington Commanders: Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina

Maye is still growing as a passer, particularly in his consistency processing from the pocket. When you stack him up next to Jayden Daniels, though, Maye’s strengths are stronger and the weaknesses are similar. This will be a preference decision for Adam Peters and the Washington front office. For me, Maye is QB2.

3. New England Patriots: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU

If I’m New England, I’m trying to get out of this pick. However, Robert Kraft wants a quarterback — one he can market — and it doesn’t seem like he’d be willing to wait. Daniels has improved as much as any player in this class over the last two years, and he has rare dual-threat capability.

4. Minnesota Vikings (from ARI)*: J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan

Projected trade: Minnesota trades No. 11, No. 23 and a 2025 first-round pick to Arizona for No. 4

The first trade in our mock is the one everyone’s sort of waiting on — Minnesota clearly didn’t make all these moves to sit at No. 11. The Vikings need a QB. The only question is how high they’re willing to move up for one. Daniels doesn’t rank among my top 10 prospects this draft; McCarthy isn’t in my top 15. But the market is the market.

5. Atlanta Falcons (from LAC)*: Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State

Projected trade: Atlanta trades No. 8, No. 43 and a 2025 mid-round pick to the Los Angeles Chargers for No. 5

The Falcons got off the pot and spent big to pair an experienced (and aging) Kirk Cousins with a young, talented roster. Why not be aggressive here and get Cousins the best non-QB in the draft?

6. Chicago Bears (from NYG)*: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU

Projected trade: Chicago trades No. 9, No. 75 and a 2025 mid-round pick to the New York Giants for No. 6

It’s certainly possible Chicago can wait at No. 9 and still get one of these receivers for Williams. But it’s also possible the Bears will feel like they have to move up. Nabers, Harrison or Rome Odunze might be way too tempting to pass on in this situation.

7. Tennessee Titans: Rome Odunze, WR, Washington

The prudent selection here might be tackle. However, new GM Ran Carthon spent some time this winter talking about adding speed and explosion — a wise focus given that the Titans don’t have much of either. Odunze is too good to pass on here.

8. Los Angeles Chargers (from ATL)*: Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame

If a Jim Harbaugh offense doesn’t have a formidable front, it’s going nowhere. The Chargers need receivers, to be sure, but Harbaugh and offensive coordinator Greg Roman also need studs up front like Alt. Also, remember how deep this WR class is.

9. New York Giants (from CHI)*: Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia

If the Giants want to be aggressive and add a young QB this year, that’s fine. However, the new guy would have the same problem Daniel Jones has: There’s not enough help. New York needs to build out the roster, and Bowers would be a great place to start.

10. New York Jets: Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State

If Bowers falls this far, pairing the Georgia star with Aaron Rodgers and Garrett Wilson might be tempting. In this case, though, even with their recent free-agent signings, the Jets still need long-term security up front.

Another mock that has 0 defensive players going in the top 10... 

yea no. 

• Upvote 4

If you can't see this mock as a HUGE TROLL JOB by the athlectic ... I dont know what to say. They literally read this site to come up with content. That being said ... Olu is a great OL.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, section314 said:

I honestly think that if we ever draft Bowers at #10 that I would cancel my tix after 45 years of having them.

He's such a polarizing prospect.

I really think the faster version of (just as a football player) Aaron Hernandez comp is a good one.

If Bowers ended up looking as good as Hernandez did his rookie year, that wouldn't be the worst thing.

But worth the cost of #10 overall?  I don't think so.

• Upvote 1