Jump to content

O.J. Simpson is Dead


Recommended Posts

I thought he was gonna live forever to spite us all. He got away with murder, but I think its a lot more common than we think, just his case was blown out due to racial tensions etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I don't think the DNA was in question.  I think they created doubt about the chain of custody.  I watched the trial.  It was clear OJ did it and it looked like the cops moved some evidence to make an allready air tight case better.   Cochran did a good job of getting a sympathetic jury to believe the cops were lying.  There is a good probability that the cops screwed with the crime scene but there is no scenario where OJ didn't do it. 

funny the way the law works ... The cops have 9 tons of evidence but they tampered with 1 oz of it so lets throw it all out .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Prosecutors did not do their homework.

Do they ever?  Feels like they're one of the least effective of our public servants most days, given how many get off, how many get hand slaps, and how many never pay for the horrible crimes they commit.  No wonder crime is such a useful tool in political discourse these days.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Smart tactic by the defense team. O.J. had pretty severe arthritis in his hands which caused swelling. Prior to the glove test they told him to stop his meds. Of course the glove didn't fit. Prosecutors did not do their homework.

One of the jurors straight up admitted that she voted to acquit as payback for Rodney king. Jury selection usually wins or loses these cases. People make insane money as “Jury consultants “

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Guess now every channel is going to run a white Bronco montage.

 

ugh

and that will do little more for me than reminding me of the Knicks losing the 94 finals in heartbreaking fashion 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  Can’t wait for the holier than thou folks to stumble in here complaining “A man has DIED, have some respect!!!” so I can lay into them.

This is different than the Michael J Fox earthquake jokes!

Judge Ok GIF by truTV’s Those Who Can’t

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And when OJ was asked about what caused him to bleed so much he claimed he “didn’t remember”.  lol.  

Every single person here remembers in great detail any time they suffered a major cut in their life span.  Your brain won’t let you forget that sh*t.  Well, as long as you were sober at the time that is, lol.  

Bingo.

 

Anyone who thinks there is even a remote possibility he was innocent needs to go to YouTube and listen to his interrogation. Listen to him talk about that cut, lol. Ridiculous. I also believe that he didn't ask the cops how Nicole died when they called him to tell him (he was Chicago at the time). 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

I don't think the DNA was in question.  I think they created doubt about the chain of custody.  I watched the trial.  It was clear OJ did it and it looked like the cops moved some evidence to make an allready air tight case better.   Cochran did a good job of getting a sympathetic jury to believe the cops were lying.  There is a good probability that the cops screwed with the crime scene but there is no scenario where OJ didn't do it. 

There is no rational case that the police purposely screwed with evidence. You could argue some slight incompetence or errors in handling evidence but it's impossible to plant DNA in the places it was, with all three subjects together and how the forensics or splatter patterns were at the scene. Plus how did the police have foreknowledge to put Nicole and Goldmans blood in ojs vehicle and in a particular manner...  From a forensics standpoint, it's checkmate in a million different scenarios all leading to oj 

 

There's no explanation in the universe even if you assume the police were racist and wanted to purposely frame oj, which is mentally insane to think 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Smart tactic by the defense team. O.J. had pretty severe arthritis in his hands which caused swelling. Prior to the glove test they told him to stop his meds. Of course the glove didn't fit. Prosecutors did not do their homework.

If you want to talk conspiracy I'm not 100% sold that the prosecution wasn't compromised. The incompetence was just too much and makes you wonder about incentives. The case lasted ten months lol. 

It wouldn't matter tho because of jury nullification 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Touching on a few comments, I will use an oft stated point:  Two things can be true at the same time.

1. O.J. probably killed his ex-wife and her boytoy friend.  

2. The LA Police may be the most corrupt police force in America, and the DA's office there not much better.

Just another excellent example of how bad the Justice system is in the US.  

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

ugh

and that will do little more for me than reminding me of the Knicks losing the 94 finals in heartbreaking fashion 

Not to re-live your pain, but if you haven’t seen it before, the 30 for 30 June 17, 1994 is incredible.  Not just for the OJ Bronco chase, but because of ALL the stuff going on in sports that day:

* Rangers Stanley Cup victory parade


* Commencement of the ‘94 World Cup hosted by the US


* Arnold Palmer’s final round of his career at the US Open

* Ken Griffey Jr hits his 30th HR of the season, tying Ruth at the time for the quickest to 30 in a season


* Game 5 of the ‘94 NBA Finals

 

And all of it is presented without commentary - it is presented like someone just flipping channels from OJ coverage to these events, then back to OJ, etc.

And it also shows behind-the-scenes stuff on how the media covering these big events had to “cut in” with breaking news about OJ.

Its remarkable.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Touching on a few comments, I will use an oft stated point:  Two things can be true at the same time.

1. O.J. probably killed his ex-wife and her boytoy friend.  

2. The LA Police may be the most corrupt police force in America, and the DA's office there not much better.

Just another excellent example of how bad the Justice system is in the US.  

 

Goldman was returning her glasses. They weren’t involved.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not to re-live your pain, but if you haven’t seen it before, the 30 for 30 June 17, 1994 is incredible.  Not just for the OJ Bronco chase, but because of ALL the stuff going on in sports that day:

* Rangers Stanley Cup victory parade


* Commencement of the ‘94 World Cup hosted by the US


* Arnold Palmer’s final round of his career at the US Open

* Ken Griffey Jr hits his 30th HR of the season, tying Ruth at the time for the quickest to 30 in a season


* Game 5 of the ‘94 NBA Finals

 

And all of it is presented without commentary - it is presented like someone just flipping channels from OJ coverage to these events, then back to OJ, etc.

And it also shows behind-the-scenes stuff on how the media covering these big events had to “cut in” with breaking news about OJ.

Its remarkable.  

agreed, it's extremely well done

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man this is a layup to be locked at some point but yeah RIP Juice man, hell of an athlete.  I’ll keep it football since that’s the point but a bunch of people so passionately dying on the OJ did it hill for years while there’s literally not a peep about actual other high profile murderers galavanting around in public, I’ve always felt was strange/hypocritical.  Different strokes I guess 🤷‍♂️

  • Ugh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...