O.J. Simpson is Dead

14 minutes ago, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

The jury had 9 black jurors on it and OJ was loved in the black community in California (and most of the country too). It would be like trying to convict Michael Jordan in Chicago back then. I remember people carrying signs saying "Don't Squeeze The Juice" and when Johhny Cochran said his very catchy and memorable line (almost like it was a line from a song) "If the glove doesn't fit then you have to acquit" I think that was the moment most of the jury decided he was not guilty. That was my impression but I could have read the jury completely wrong.

Johnny Cochran was the ultimate court jester as a trial lawyer, was likeable but also extremely meticulous in his questions. One of the greatest 

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Judge not, lest thee be judged.

Rightly or wrongly or otherwise, they'll be no shortage of people who will say the same ("good riddance") when Jenner herself passes on.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Yup, party at my sisters to watch the game and had two boxes splitting the screen the larger box on OJ and the smaller box showing our Knicks losing to MJ and his Bulls. 

Knicks played the Rockets in the 94 finals. Jordan retired after 93 and came back midway through 95. 

the Knicks also won game 5 during the actual bronco chase. They lost games 6 and 7 after taking a 3-2 series lead. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

I will never understand why the prosecutor did that. There was a dozen other things you could have done to connect that glove to oj... One of the most strange court cases I've ever watched. 

GIF by South Park

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Rightly or wrongly or otherwise, they'll be no shortage of people who will say the same ("good riddance") when Jenner herself passes on.

Oh shut up lol

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Remind me when Jenner brutally killed the **** out of two people and got away with it in the face of all logic and reason... because someone once used offensive language??

Nah, you're right. People ARE pretty terrible, but on this one, not many are remembering OJ fondly.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Remind me when Jenner brutally killed the **** out of two people and got away with it in the face of all logic and reason... because someone once used offensive language??

Nah, you're right. People ARE pretty terrible, but on this one, not many are remembering OJ fondly.

Bruce (at the time) was friends with OJ and Nicole. Not exactly surprising the reaction there considering OJ decapitated her.

4 hours ago, DoubleDecker said:

Aye man call it what you want, not defending Juice, just pointing things out.  I just find it strange… he wouldn’t be the first person acquitted for a heinous crime. Hell of a football player though. I wish he wasn’t known for that terrible event and I wish Nicole and Ronald were alive too.  It is what it is though.🤷‍♂️

Well, see, that's the thing... Nicole and Ron WOULD still probably be alive if Orenthal hadn't stabbed them repeatedly in a fit of rage. Weird, huh?

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

funny the way the law works ... The cops have 9 tons of evidence but they tampered with 1 oz of it so lets throw it all out .

Fruit of the poison tree... that case changed how evidence collection and crime scenes re handled forever 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Claymation said:

Who would have believed, OJ would unify this forum.

All I remember about the White Bronco chase was it was during the NBA Finals and I had to go to my car to listen to the game.

Watched the entire chase from my buddy Matt's room in the barracks of Charlie Company 1/18 Inf. And I was at a MG range the day the verdict dropped. Range Master actually called cease fire, cold range to announce the not guilty. Weird. A lifetime ago and yesterday....

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

The jury had 9 black jurors on it and OJ was loved in the black community in California (and most of the country too). It would be like trying to convict Michael Jordan in Chicago back then. I remember people carrying signs saying "Don't Squeeze The Juice" and when Johhny Cochran said his very catchy and memorable line (almost like it was a line from a song) "If the glove doesn't fit then you have to acquit" I think that was the moment most of the jury decided he was not guilty. That was my impression but I could have read the jury completely wrong.

TL;DR Most jurors are idiots.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Larz said:

One of the jurors straight up admitted that she voted to acquit as payback for Rodney king. Jury selection usually wins or loses these cases. People make insane money as “Jury consultants “

Jo-Ellan Dimitrius (who was the jury consultant for OJ's team) is famous for being brilliant at it.  She has a book called "Reading People".

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/41057/reading-people-by-jo-ellan-dimitrius-phd-and-wendy-patrick-mazzarella/

5 hours ago, Biggs said:

That was the defenses case.  The DNA evidence was iron clad.  It was OJ's DNA.  Some of the evidence was moved and the police were either intentional or simply negligent.  The police crediblility in handling the evidence was a key part of the trial.  It went on for weeks.  

The police being racist was also a key part of the defence stradegy.  You may not like it but that's what happened at the trial.

It's not at all irrational to think the police mishandled evidence and OJ is guilty based on the prepondernce of hard evidence.  The Jury felt he was not proven guilty based on exactly what you claim is irrational. 

DNA being used to find out that the police and justice system convicted many innocent people.  It's either incompetence or something else...

Don't get me wrong.  I 100% think OJ was guilty.  I just want to point out that there are questions about forensic science.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20150512-can-we-trust-forensic-science

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

“He was surrounded by his children and grandchildren. During this time of transition, his family asks that you please respect their wishes for privacy and grace,” the brief statement added.

No wife or ex wife at the bedside eh? 😈

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ray Lewis is a murderer too and he can go to hell.  Murderers should pay and non-murderers shouldn't.  It's really not all that complicated.

Ever rooted for Ray Lewis or admired his game? Probably say no for the sake of the debate but I hear you🚶‍♂️

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Well, see, that's the thing... Nicole and Ron WOULD still probably be alive if Orenthal hadn't stabbed them repeatedly in a fit of rage. Weird, huh?

So would the guy Ray stabbed, assuming you still enjoyed watching him play and be on tv without a peep. Which again is your right.  Don’t want to make this as if I’m OJs biggest fan, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

5 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

So would the guy Ray stabbed, assuming you still enjoyed watching him play and be on tv without a peep. Which again is your right.  Don’t want to make this as if I’m OJs biggest fan, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Didn’t Ray Lewis help cover it up and not actually stab the guy? With OJ there was never any doubt. 

23 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Ever rooted for Ray Lewis or admired his game? Probably say no for the sake of the debate but I hear you🚶‍♂️

21 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Yes, I admired Ray Lewis’ play.  That does not explain why you decided to argue in a thread about OJ’s death in such a way to deflect from his murders.  You went out of your way to do that.  

Why is it hypocrisy to point out murder is bad without having to point out that other murders are also bad?   And why is it also hypocrisy to enjoy watching a player play them turn on him when you find out he’s a murdering POS?  We don’t know these people personally.  We only find out about this sh*t later on.  

Seems like you just wanted to be a contrarian, OR you got so much joy watching OJ play you chose to diminish his killings.  

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, I admired Ray Lewis’ play.  That does not explain why you decided to argue in a thread about OJ’s death in such a way to deflect from his murders.  You went out of your way to do that.  

Why is it hypocrisy to point out murder is bad without having to point out that other murders are also bad?   And why is it also hypocrisy to enjoy watching a player play them turn on him when you find out he’s a murdering POS?  We don’t know these people personally.  We only find out about this sh*t later on.  

Seems like you just wanted to be a contrarian, OR you got so much joy watching OJ play you chose to diminish his killings.  

My point again is to call out the hypocrisy with regards to how people view OJ Simpson.  It’s very apt for a thread pertaining to OJ Simpson. Also my point still stands comparing an athlete with a high profile case about a murder he supposedly committed in the court of public opinion but got off to another athlete with the same situation, is also apt.   No one is arguing for arguing sake.  Also I never saw juice play, just highlights. 

Whether you admit in the thread or not, if Ray Lewis walked by you today, you’d ask for a picture or an autograph.  That right there my friend, is hypocrisy.  Sad to see an NFL legend pass, but for sure OJ a great person by any stretch of the imagination.  He’s still not guilty. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Whether you admit in the thread or not, if Ray Lewis walked by you today, you’d ask for a picture or an autograph.  That right there my friend, is hypocrisy.  

You’ll just call me a liar, but no I would not.  You know nothing about me and then just assume I’m a hypocrite - and that everyone else is?  You’re being excessively cynical.

F**k OJ, Ray Lewis, and all murdering scumbags.

• Upvote 1