Jump to content

News Flash: Every Contender Is Humpty Dumpty


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

Every contender is one injury away from their season going down the tubes.

And yet it’s incessant negativity with so many in here. 

Man, lighten up.


 

 

You earn trust and optimism in this world you are not handed it.

Teams with even modest amounts of success can be optimistic, until this regime does ANYTHING of note I'll remain a doomsayer.

Of course we have had 13 off seasons in a row of super optimism on here for some people.

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You earn trust and optimism in this world you are not handed it.

Teams with even modest amounts of success can be optimistic, until this regime does ANYTHING of note I'll remain a doomsayer.

Of course we have had 13 off seasons in a row of super optimism on here for some people.

The disease is strong with this one...

image.png.b5aacfed10d1ed44cb2ab64ae8663037.png

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Most of us have never seen a Jets Superbowl appearance in our lifetime and the team hasn't even made the postseason in over a decade.

What do you expect us to do, throw a party and fart rainbows?

I don't think the OP is saying fans shouldn't be fed up with losing, but we do have a lot of folks who take certain aspects of this team and treat it as if it's an end of the world issue that applies only to the Jets.

There are no perfect rosters.  No team has 22 studs starting. 

Everyone has warts and every team has risks.

The Jets definitely have more risk than most, but they also have a lot more talent than most as well.

Now, I don't think it'll matter because the main priority of the HC is to be buddies with his players and the top coaches in the NFL will kick his teeth in come playoff time, but this roster (if healthy), may even be good enough to overcome the HC and make a playoff appearance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Every contender is one injury away from their season going down the tubes.

And yet it’s incessant negativity with so many in here. 

Man, lighten up.


 

 

You are going to upset some people....

100.gif

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Every contender is one injury away from their season going down the tubes.

And yet it’s incessant negativity with so many in here. 

Man, lighten up.


 

 

Yup. And some are A LOT more injury prone than what we’re riding on (Rodgers).

For example last year was Lamar’s 1st year he was pretty much healthy for the whole season. Think that is likely to happen again? Along with him losing 3 starting OLineman.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Yup. And some are A LOT more injury prone than what we’re riding on (Rodgers).

For example last year was Lamar’s 1st year he was pretty much healthy for the whole season. Think that is likely to happen again? Along with him losing 3 starting OLineman.

I agree with the OP's premise but I also fully agree with you about some QBs being more injury prone than others.

If there's any QB who can make his own success it's Lamar but I agree the odds are he'll likely get hurt again.  He's had a terrific career so far but he's always playing with fire with those runs.  And while I think he's pretty brilliant at (mostly) avoiding contact, all it takes is one hit.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...