My totally pulled out of my butt odds for who the Jets draft at #10

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Just made up out of nowhere for discussion purposes only - please no wagering

Odds Player Comment
3 -1 Brock Bowers TE Georgia Will probably be there and fills a need - makes sense
5 -1 Rome Odunze WR Washington Might be gone, but if he's there, be hard to pass up
11 -1 Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon State If all the WRs, Alt, and Bowers are gone?
14 -1 Troy Fautanau OT Washington " " 
16 -1 Olumuyiwa Fashanu OT Penn State  " "
18 -1 Amarius Mims OT Georgia " "
19 -1 Brian Thomas WR LSU Late riser who some have mocked to the Jets
20 -1 Joe Alt OT Notre Dame Almost certainly will be gone
24 -1 JJ McCarthy QB Michigan IF he slips to #10, who knows? Unlikely, of course
27 -1 Jared Verse Edge Florida State IF the 1st 9 picks are offense and he's sitting there...?

I think this is about right, and I'm hoping in line with what the Jets are thinking.  That #10 pick should be someone to bolster the offense in a win now year.  If any of the top 3 WR fall, I think that is the pick.  But, my preference would be a slight trade down and Brock Bowers because I don't think any of the receivers make it to 10

• Upvote 1

Odds Player Comment
3 -1 Brock Bowers TE Georgia Will probably be there and fills a need - makes sense
5 -1 Rome Odunze WR Washington Might be gone, but if he's there, be hard to pass up
24 -1 JJ McCarthy QB Michigan IF he slips to #10, who knows? Unlikely, of course
27 -1 Jared Verse Edge Florida State IF the 1st 9 picks are offense and he's sitting there...?

If the Jets take Jared Verse I'm fighting you.

• Haha 4

Odds Player Comment

I sent this post to vegas they will have the numbers really soon

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Odds Player Comment

I'm on team Jared Verse!   

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If the Jets take Jared Verse I'm fighting you.

14 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

and I will punch you both in the face and then punch myself if we make that pick

The name of the game is to embarrass the opposing QB.  Jared Verse gives us the best chance to do that.  

• Upvote 1

If Joe D stays at 10, I think he grabs Bowers if he's on the board. But I think JD's ultimate goal in 2024 is to trade down to grab an OT in round one. His top targets, IMO, are: JC Latham, Troy Fauntanu, and Amarius Mims.

In round two, I think he goes WR with his top targets being: Adonai Mitchell, Troy Franklin, Ladd McKonkey, Xavier Leggett, Roman Wilson, Devontez Walker

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Rome is unlikely, so unless it’s bowers, it does seem likely it’s OL.  

I feel like it's closer to 50/50 bowers or lineman 

Not what I want (FUAGA) but what shadow gm Aaron Rodgers wants 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

I feel like it's closer to 50/50 bowers or lineman 

Not what I want (FUAGA) but what shadow gm Aaron Rodgers wants 

I really think it’s fuaga, fautanu or bowers.  Not sure if douglas would actually take bowers, at least at 10, b/c of how he’s drafted in round 1 based on positional value.  I also think jd is going to get decent trade back offers.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I really think it’s fuaga, fautanu or bowers.  Not sure if douglas would actually take bowers, at least at 10, b/c of how he’s drafted in round 1 based on positional value.  I also think jd is going to get decent trade back offers.  

Douglas isn't in charge anymore Aaron Rodgers is 

47 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

I think this is about right, and I'm hoping in line with what the Jets are thinking.  That #10 pick should be someone to bolster the offense in a win now year.  If any of the top 3 WR fall, I think that is the pick.  But, my preference would be a slight trade down and Brock Bowers because I don't think any of the receivers make it to 10

Sadly I agree that I don't think any of the top 3 WR's are still there at 10. That being said I'd like to see us trade down a few spots and pick up some extra draft ammo. Maybe a 2nd rounder to replace the one we lost. I'd grab OT Mims if he's there with the lower 1st rounder or the best WR available. Just my humble opinion. 

• Upvote 2

Picking Bowers at #10 is basically the only way the Jets could possibly emerge from a draft loaded at OT and WR without a prime time player / premium talent at at least one of those positions.

The more I think about it, the more I dislike it.

To call him a “WR in a TE’s body” is a projection and wishful thinking.

TE is not a need.  

Conklin isn’t great, but he’s durable and good enough, and Rodgers has a way of making even mediocre TEs into potential double-digit TD scorers.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Still, they did acquire williams, and could draft a wr in the 2nd or 3rd.  And still have that tackle. It all benefits rodgers. 

Aaron rodgers doesn't care about rookie wr 

Unless it's like Marvin Harrison Jr level 

Anyone who has to be developed at all is a non starter 

That's the attraction of bowers he's plug and play 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

TE is not a need.  

Conklin isn’t great, but he’s durable and good enough, and Rodgers has a way of making even mediocre TEs into potential double-digit TD scorers.

I had to look it up Conklin was te 16 last year 

You're right he's not great, durable and good enough but he's also not a reason to pass on bowers who has hof scout report 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I could see him being plug and play in the screen game, quick game, wheel routes and KC style usage of Kelce / WRs around the LOS on those cheap delayed shovel passes and stuff like that.

Beyond that, I have my doubts.

After QB, TE is the hardest position to learn because you have to know and be aware of so many different things on any given play.

LaPorta last season is a big outlier.  Rookie TEs don’t typically have much of an impact at all.

Kelce played like 0 offensive snaps as a rookie.

The physical talent and potential are there for sure.  I just don’t think it’s anything close to a lock like others seem to.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, bitonti said:

With Lazard also returning, this pick may give insights into where douglas thinks he is next season. 

2 hours ago, Claymation said:

It all depends on how the Jets view Moses, are they looking him as a Swing tackle. If so, OT will be the pick. If not, it will be either Bowers or one of the WRs.

Don’t agree. That’s totally irrelevant. Smith and Moses are both susceptible to injury which makes taking a tackle at 10 imperative. In addition, Smith may only play one more year and has missed numerous games over the last few seasons. He can’t be counted on the full season. What’s the greater need? WR or tackle? Both. But, getting a blue chip tackle to fill in and take over next year outweighs getting a WR like Odunze. 

1 hour ago, WhartonJet said:

So a tackle that protects Rodgers doesn’t bolster the offense? 🧐 How you guys think Smith and Moses are playing every game is beyond me. Get a tackle with the 1st rounder: Alt, Latham, Fashanu, Fuaga, Fantanu, Mims and be done with it. Ideally and realistically, no chance getting Alt. Fuaga is a RT. Pass. Latham has Becton written all over him. Pass. I trade back and take Mims, Fashanau or Fantanu. 

• Upvote 2

Don’t agree. That’s totally irrelevant. Smith and Moses are both susceptible to injury which makes taking a tackle at 10 imperative. In addition, Smith may only play one more year and has missed numerous games over the last few seasons. He can’t be counted on the full season. What’s the greater need? WR or tackle? Both. But, getting a blue chip tackle to fill in and take over next year outweighs getting a WR like Odunze. 
If you look forward to next year, and what potential holes we will be looking to fill, we have LT, RT, WR high on that list. All three of our FA signings at these positions are currently one year stop gaps, all with injury concerns.

Douglas picked a pass rusher last year because he saw it as a need this year (he knew Huff would be gone). I expect Round 1 will be OT or WR for this reason specifically. If whoever we pick happens to outperform the incumbent then that is a bonus and they can see the field sooner. But there won't be a rush to throw a rookie into a starter role if they're not as good as / better than the vet ahead of them. WR is more rotational, giving more opportunity for a guy to get some snaps without upsetting chemistry; with OL you're mainly looking at injury cover or jumbo sets to get the guy out there initially.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

TE is not a need.  

Not to mention, three young developing players at TE behind him.

Bowers is a luxury pick.  Someone to take a swing on when blue chips at premium positions are off the board near the bottom of the first.

I would hate the pick.  The Jets need WR and OT.  It would be a crime to take a TE in that spot with their situation.

• Upvote 1