My Jets Big Board (as of 4/17)

3 hours ago, Copernicus said:

My Jets Big Board (Clifford S on Youtube)

(Subject to change)

Tier 1 (pick at 10 or  trade up) 

1. Malik Nabers Wr. LSU (my most complete prospect size, speed, ability)
  2. Marvin Harrison Jr Wr Ohio State (Almost fully complete prospect but didn’t he run the 40 and no private team work outs is a slight red flag) 

Tier 2 (pick at 10) 

1. Rome Odunze Wr Washington (size, runs every level route excellent, not exceptional speed like Nabors)
  2. Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon St ( Jets showed much interest at the senior bowl, absolute beast, needs to imoprove pass protection) 
  3.  Troy Fautanu LT/IOL Washington (Rare athleticism, could start at OT or Guard,)
  4. Joe Alt LT Notre Dame (Most have him as the top at his position, his height concerns me as a no brainer pick because many OTs at his height struggle when “stood up”) 

Tier 3 ( Ideally trade down but would be suitable if selected at 10) 

1. Brock Bowers TE Georgia (Exceptional production at Georgia, off the charts speed, hands, matchup nightmare, National Champion, but not a complete TE, doesn’t interior block exceptionally well because of small size, not sure if I trust current Jets staff that they can get the best out of him) 

2. JC Latham LT Alabama (Exceptional size, strength, athleticism but gives me negative Bechton weight vibes ) 

3. Olu Fashanu LT Penn State (Athletic freak, starter for an obvious powerhouse school, struggled against Ohio State) 

Tier 4 (With a trade down mid 1st round for a 2024 2nd or 3d round pick )

1. Jackson Powers Johnson Oregon IOL (Can play all positions on OL well, quickness and athleticism and strength to anchor NTs, started college career as a Defensive Lineman so less experienced OLman) 

2.  Adonai Mitchell Wr Texas (CD Lam-ish vibe, lean frame needs to fill out) 

Tier 5 (With a trade down late 1st round for no less than a 2024 second round pick )

1. Graham Barton IOL/OT Duke (plays all positions including center, exceptional athleticism, needs to gain NFL strength) 
  2. Tyler Guyton OT Oklahoma (Athletic freak, size, speed, and length, Starter for a Big time program) 
  3. Xavier Worthy Wr Texas (exceptionally fast, stretches the field, returns punts set the 40 yard dash record at this year’s combine, 6’1 but narrow frame 165 lbs) 
  4. Ladd McConkey WR Georgia (superb route runner, tremendous yards after catch, big time production at big time school, lacks exceptional speed)
  5. Xavier Legette Wr South Carolina (elite speed for his size 6’1 230 lbs, raw, not a ton of production until this past season, a bit of a work in progress , will be 23 1/2 years old by the draft) 

Non Draftable Bustability Vibes

Brian Thomas Jr Wr LSU

Amarius Mims OT Georgia

Good list.  I think id prefer a guy who is really skilled at tackle as opposed to a guy who can play tackle and guard.  The jackknife guys sound good but a guy who masters his position is better.

• Upvote 2

I'm going to disagree on Brian Thomas.  His speed, measurables, ability to blow by defenders, and ball tracking skills are elite.  He's a raw prospect, but he's still young (21 year old), and has all the tools to develop into a true #1.

Ideally, he's a target in the case of a trade down, but I wouldn't hate the pick at #10.  He's being hurt by an extremely talented high end WR group this year.  Most years, he's a top 10 pick.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

I'm going to disagree on Brian Thomas.  His speed, measurables, ability to blow by defenders, and ball tracking skills are elite.  He's a raw prospect, but he's still young (21 year old), and has all the tools to develop into a true #1.

Ideally, he's a target in the case of a trade down, but I wouldn't hate the pick at #10.  He's being hurt by an extremely talented high end WR group this year.  Most years, he's a top 10 pick.

He's certainly more dynamic then his teammate Nabers and something the Jets need desperately at WR a homerun hitter. 

You think BTJR has bustability vibes (he definitely could bust but is solidly my wr4 in the class after the combine) but wouldnt mind trading down and picking Leggete the most obvious bust in the draft....

The man (Legette) played 5 years in college and produced in a total of 7 games if we're being generous... all of which came his super-senior year.

• Upvote 1

Very good list, and excellent analysis.

I feel like Barton is a sneaky trade-down candidate for us, if we drop down into the late teens or twenties to acquire a 2nd round pick.

The guy can legit play any spot on the OL, and that versatility has to be very appealing to the Jets with injury concerns at both tackle spots and right guard.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Jackson Powers Johnson

Been hearing alot about this kid, and would be all for it based on what I have been hearing, especially if we could get a second on top of that.

6 hours ago, Copernicus said:

My Jets Big Board (Clifford S on Youtube)

(Subject to change)

Tier 1 (pick at 10 or  trade up) 

1. Malik Nabers Wr. LSU (my most complete prospect size, speed, ability)
  2. Marvin Harrison Jr Wr Ohio State (Almost fully complete prospect but didn’t he run the 40 and no private team work outs is a slight red flag) 

Tier 2 (pick at 10) 

1. Rome Odunze Wr Washington (size, runs every level route excellent, not exceptional speed like Nabors)
  2. Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon St ( Jets showed much interest at the senior bowl, absolute beast, needs to imoprove pass protection) 
  3.  Troy Fautanu LT/IOL Washington (Rare athleticism, could start at OT or Guard,)
  4. Joe Alt LT Notre Dame (Most have him as the top at his position, his height concerns me as a no brainer pick because many OTs at his height struggle when “stood up”) 

Tier 3 ( Ideally trade down but would be suitable if selected at 10) 

1. Brock Bowers TE Georgia (Exceptional production at Georgia, off the charts speed, hands, matchup nightmare, National Champion, but not a complete TE, doesn’t interior block exceptionally well because of small size, not sure if I trust current Jets staff that they can get the best out of him) 

2. JC Latham LT Alabama (Exceptional size, strength, athleticism but gives me negative Bechton weight vibes ) 

3. Olu Fashanu LT Penn State (Athletic freak, starter for an obvious powerhouse school, struggled against Ohio State) 

Tier 4 (With a trade down mid 1st round for a 2024 2nd or 3d round pick )

1. Jackson Powers Johnson Oregon IOL (Can play all positions on OL well, quickness and athleticism and strength to anchor NTs, started college career as a Defensive Lineman so less experienced OLman) 

2.  Adonai Mitchell Wr Texas (CD Lam-ish vibe, lean frame needs to fill out) 

Tier 5 (With a trade down late 1st round for no less than a 2024 second round pick )

1. Graham Barton IOL/OT Duke (plays all positions including center, exceptional athleticism, needs to gain NFL strength) 
  2. Tyler Guyton OT Oklahoma (Athletic freak, size, speed, and length, Starter for a Big time program) 
  3. Xavier Worthy Wr Texas (exceptionally fast, stretches the field, returns punts set the 40 yard dash record at this year’s combine, 6’1 but narrow frame 165 lbs) 
  4. Ladd McConkey WR Georgia (superb route runner, tremendous yards after catch, big time production at big time school, lacks exceptional speed)
  5. Xavier Legette Wr South Carolina (elite speed for his size 6’1 230 lbs, raw, not a ton of production until this past season, a bit of a work in progress , will be 23 1/2 years old by the draft) 

Non Draftable Bustability Vibes

Brian Thomas Jr Wr LSU

Amarius Mims OT Georgia

Like it.  Trading back a few spots from #10 but still staying in the Top 15 would be ideal for me, even if it only nets a 3rd round pick.  Grab an OL in the 1st and then package the two 3rds to move up for a Tier 4 WR early in the 2nd.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

Yep, much conflicting information/draft status on this player

15 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Yep, much conflicting information/draft status on this player

Are you concerned drafting Fuaga if he is projected at RT?  Would that be wise with the possibility that Carter Warren takes over for Morgan next year?

Odunze has been downgraded a bit for not being a great route runner, almost relying too much on his contested catch ability.  What do you see that some scouts don’t?

Completely agree the Jets might not know how to optimize Bowers.

• Upvote 1

Trading down and picking up a second seems like the best option. Obviously there needs to be a team willing to move up. But that’s my preferred option now.

McConkey or Worthy

PLUS

Amegadjie or Suamataia or Paul

is better than anyone who will be there at 10.

There are only 2 players that may be there in top 10, Odunze and Bowers. If JD takes either he will have to trade into round 2 and get a tackle. Or he’d have to wait until pick 72 or trade up into round 2 to get a tackle: Patrick Paul. If he stays put and doesn’t trade up, Rosengarten or Armedgie at 72. Taking the pick at 10 limits his options. But getting a WR like Odunze could be special. I wouldn’t be against it. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

There are only 2 players that may be there in top 10, Odunze and Bowers. If JD takes either he will have to trade into round 2 and get a tackle. Or he’d have to wait until pick 72 or trade up into round 2 to get a tackle: Patrick Paul. If he stays put and doesn’t trade up, Rosengarten or Armedgie at 72. Taking the pick at 10 limits his options. But getting a WR like Odunze could be special. I wouldn’t be against it. 

I think this is the right way to look at it.  

Would a team at the top of the second round take the Jets’ 2025 first round pick in a trade?  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, varjet said:

I think this is the right way to look at it.  

Would a team at the top of the second round take the Jets’ 2025 first round pick in a trade?  

Interesting take but a huge gamble by JD because if the Jets have a medicore 2024, that pick would be high possibly top 15. But if they win and go deep in the playoffs it would be late round 1  pick 25-32.  So the trading team might just do it but I wouldnt. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Obviously there needs to be a team willing to move up.

Everyone would probably be willing to move up for a top 10 pick…. The real question is what are they willing to give up to make that happen & does that equal what JD would be willing to accept. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

Happy to take in a trade up

1. Harrison Jr

2. Nabers

3. Odunze

Happy to take at 10

4. Bowers

5. Fashanu

6. Alt

Happy to take in a trade down

7. Fautanu

8. Mitchell

9. McConkey

10. Barton

No BTJR in tier 3?

7 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

No BTJR in tier 3?

I feel like Brian Thomas Jr is similar to Brock Bowers, Mims and J C Latham with the idea that there are evaluators who love them or hate them. I initially LOVED Brian Thomas Jr then I wached more tape after reading/listening to people who know more than I about how he doesnt run good routes, doesnt fight for the ball, and a one year wonder made me less confident in him

16 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

Happy to take in a trade up

1. Harrison Jr

2. Nabers

3. Odunze

Happy to take at 10

4. Bowers

5. Fashanu

6. Alt

Happy to take in a trade down

7. Fautanu

8. Mitchell

9. McConkey

10. Barton

Love this, and Fautanu is moving up my board. Love his versatility

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Screenshot_20240417_172215_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5dc82a09b988ae226ea104807290e5c0.jpg

Stopped reading right... there ^

Not running the 40 or private work outs is not enough to make me think the Jets should pass on him. Just makes me slightly more confident in Nabors because there is more information than only game play (which outweighs combine stuff but is not everything) 

16 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Are you concerned drafting Fuaga if he is projected at RT?  Would that be wise with the possibility that Carter Warren takes over for Morgan next year?

Odunze has been downgraded a bit for not being a great route runner, almost relying too much on his contested catch ability.  What do you see that some scouts don’t?

Completely agree the Jets might not know how to optimize Bowers.

Excellent take with Fuaga and Warren. Everything I'm reading is that although Fuaga is RT he could eventually move to LT. "Could" scares me so your point is well taken 

• Upvote 1

Yes, on the surface the numbers do not jump off the page and I can see your point. On most people's Big Boards he is in the top half of the 2nd round and some late 1st round. While "big time production" could be argued as an exaggeration, they are also not miniscule.  Factoring in he shared the ball on a team that is in the fight for a national championship each year and is surrounded by superior teammates like Brock Bowers, well he may not be option #1. I could be guilty of having him too high on my board (maybe Maliki Correly? Keon Coleman?) also am not in favor of taking MConkey at 10 

• Upvote 1

On 4/17/2024 at 11:56 AM, DoubleDown said:

Ideally, he's a target in the case of a trade down, but I wouldn't hate the pick at #10.  He's being hurt by an extremely talented high end WR group this year.  Most years, he's a top 10

I dunno. Do WRs going "top 10 most years" come with the labels "raw prospect" or "tools to develop into true #1"? Usually those are big bodied athletes that go in rounds 2 and 3 for their upside. And most of those "high upside" guys do not reach that upside. I don't see "elite" ball tracking skills from this kid either - "elite" is JSN or MHJ. I think BTJ benefitted massively from playing with the Heisman winning qb who was a constant threat to run, giving him infinite 1 on 1 matchups to win. And Jayden Daniels deep accuracy is outstanding. BTJ has a solid college production profile, but many guys who are drafted for their "potential" only have less because they played in lesser offenses.

I agree with the original post - the guy gives me more of Corey Davis, Gabe Davis or even Quentin Johnson vibes. I predicted QJ to bust last year (although I think he'll rebound, but not to round 1 / WR1 levels). Sure he has "the tools" but so did all the guys I just listed. Needing to polish your route running, catching and catch radius, high point skills, catch in traffic ability, etc is a big ask, and one which a guy like #5 pick Corey Davis never really fulfilled. Most of these LSU recruits come to the NFL already polished in these areas, yet those coaches couldn't get BTJ all the way there...

No, I think BTJ profiles at best as an athletic WR2 who can burn but who isn't capable of being the player an offense runs through. To me, people are just enamored with his size and athleticism, and letting the mighty offense he played in at LSU cloud their judgement. If the jets draft him I hope I'm wrong, but even moreso I hope the Bills trade up for him and we all laugh that they sold on Gabe Davis 2.0 :)  feel free to @ me if we're mid season and I'm wrong. However, I feel like my bust senses for WR are above average, and Coleman, Leggett and BTJ all trigger "wr2 at best" alarms for me. The Jets could use a wr2, but not at 10.

Edit: to add/clarify, it scares me that Jamarr Chase, Justin Jefferson, Malik nabers, etc all came in with excellent RR and catching mechanics, yet BTJ needs development in these areas. If LSU didn't get that done, will the Jets?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

I dunno. Do WRs going "top 10 most years" come with the labels "raw prospect" or "tools to develop into true #1"? Usually those are big bodied athletes that go in rounds 2 and 3 for their upside. And most of those "high upside" guys do not reach that upside. I don't see "elite" ball tracking skills from this kid either - "elite" is JSN or MHJ. I think BTJ benefitted massively from playing with the Heisman winning qb who was a constant threat to run, giving him infinite 1 on 1 matchups to win. And Jayden Daniels deep accuracy is outstanding. BTJ has a solid college production profile, but many guys who are drafted for their "potential" only have less because they played in lesser offenses.

I agree with the original post - the guy gives me more of Corey Davis, Gabe Davis or even Quentin Johnson vibes. I predicted QJ to bust last year (although I think he'll rebound, but not to round 1 / WR1 levels). Sure he has "the tools" but so did all the guys I just listed. Needing to polish your route running, catching and catch radius, high point skills, catch in traffic ability, etc is a big ask, and one which a guy like #5 pick Corey Davis never really fulfilled. Most of these LSU recruits come to the NFL already polished in these areas, yet those coaches couldn't get BTJ all the way there...

No, I think BTJ profiles at best as an athletic WR2 who can burn but who isn't capable of being the player an offense runs through. To me, people are just enamored with his size and athleticism, and letting the mighty offense he played in at LSU cloud their judgement. If the jets draft him I hope I'm wrong, but even moreso I hope the Bills trade up for him and we all laugh that they sold on Gabe Davis 2.0 :)  feel free to @ me if we're mid season and I'm wrong. However, I feel like my bust senses for WR are above average, and Coleman, Leggett and BTJ all trigger "wr2 at best" alarms for me. The Jets could use a wr2, but not at 10.

Edit: to add/clarify, it scares me that Jamarr Chase, Justin Jefferson, Malik nabers, etc all came in with excellent RR and catching mechanics, yet BTJ needs development in these areas. If LSU didn't get that done, will the Jets?

Appreciate the thought that went into your post.

I don't watch college football so I can only really go by the couple of videos I videos and a few draft profiles out there.

His measurables jump off the page. He is mocked to go in the middle of the first round in essentially every mock I've seen. His nation leading 17 TDs last season demonstrate play making ability, and he did it while competing for targets with Nabers.

He has the tools and measurables that you want in a true #1. We will see whether it pans out or not.

I actually think Quentin Johnson is a great comp for him. He's going to need some polishing, but the elite potential is there. Players like that are taken in the first round all the time. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

Appreciate the thought that went into your post.

I don't watch college football so I can only really go by the couple of videos I videos and a few draft profiles out there.

His measurables jump off the page. He is mocked to go in the middle of the first round in essentially every mock I've seen. His nation leading 17 TDs last season demonstrate play making ability, and he did it while competing for targets with Nabers.

He has the tools and measurables that you want in a true #1. We will see whether it pans out or not.

I actually think Quentin Johnson is a great comp for him. He's going to need some polishing, but the elite potential is there. Players like that are taken in the first round all the time. 

I agree, he is one of those mid to late round 1 WRs that go often. Some of them are great, others totally miss. Personally I have a feeling if LSU didn't perfect him, neither will the Jets (and nor will Rodgers like him right away), but he could also turn into an AJ Brown or better.. I just really don't think of him as a top 10 profiling pick, and I hope the Jets don't risk it at 10.

If we trade back into the 20s, get a 2nd rounder (or more) and take him there I'll be ok with the gamble.

• Upvote 1