Jets Sell Back Program Offered to Season Ticket Holders

30 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

i am sure the folks who hate Woody and the rest of the gang will find fault but this credit back idea for tickets is a good one.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets/season-tickets/sell-back

don't have to worry about ticketmaster fees etc.  can't make a game and you can get credit for next season.   never heard of anyone doing that before

Makes sense to offer it to STHs, especially those who have spent a decade unloadiing club seats in November and December for pennies on the dollar (if not just eating them or donating them). Protects the face value for everyone.

Altho, I'm sure this was not Woody's idea. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Does this indicate that the jets think demand will be high this year? I say that speculating that they think they’ll be able to resell the tickets. And then it’s also encouraging STH to commit to another season.

i think we have to select the games this summer. It’s an interesting option for sure

1 hour ago, Cornfed said:

But we have to decide which, if any, to give back by July. Anyone think they’ll leverage this option? My intuition is I probably won’t. I like the idea though 

I didn't read that bit.

Far less valuable if you can't unload them after Rodgers gets hurt and the team is in full post-Thanksgiving collapse.

• Upvote 1

The catch is you have to sell them before August at the variable pricing rate.  The credit you receive can only be used for season ticket prices next year.  You cant give back preseason games which are practically worthless.

If you give back tickets and they have a good season you will lose money as you can make money selling them on the secondary market. 

This is an attempt by the Jets to keep ticket prices inflated by trying to gobble up as many tickets as possible so they can control the secondary market pricing

As a guy who heads south for the winter the option to get back $350 per ticket for a late December game when in the past I had to give them away with some beer money added this is a nice option to consider.  I’ll let you guys know what I do.   It’s important because if I dump a few of those late games it almost surely means we will have a great season and those games will be meaningful for the first time in about 15 years.  😜

• Upvote 2

Similar situation here. I made it to two games last season traveling from out of state. I think this is a nice little option but I probably won’t leverage it this year. Will probably roll the dice again, attend a couple games, sell or give away the others and hope for the best

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

The catch is you have to sell them before August at the variable pricing rate.  The credit you receive can only be used for season ticket prices next year.  You cant give back preseason games which are practically worthless.

If you give back tickets and they have a good season you will lose money as you can make money selling them on the secondary market. 

This is an attempt by the Jets to keep ticket prices inflated by trying to gobble up as many tickets as possible so they can control the secondary market pricing

Protection in the event of a bad team and Fall weather in NY being miserable is why the Jets are doing this. 

15 hours ago, batman10023 said:

i am sure the folks who hate Woody and the rest of the gang will find fault but this credit back idea for tickets is a good one.

don't have to worry about ticketmaster fees etc.  can't make a game and you can get credit for next season.   never heard of anyone doing that before

It's a good idea, but pretty sh*tty execution by the Jets (shocking sentence, I know).  You have to decide by July 31 whether or not you're going to avail yourself of this. 

I'm an NJ Devils season ticket holder.  They give you a certain number of sellbacks per season (for me it's 8), and you get up until 48 hours before the game to make your decision.  Even if you're later than that, your ticket rep will help you out.  (The Devils aren't even that great with perks, but they're miles better than the Jets are).  

I'm not going to be able to figure out by July 31 what the deal is with my entire crew for a game in friggin December. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

It's a good idea, but pretty sh*tty execution by the Jets (shocking sentence, I know).  You have to decide by July 31 whether or not you're going to avail yourself of this. 

I'm an NJ Devils season ticket holder.  They give you a certain number of sellbacks per season (for me it's 8), and you get up until 48 hours before the game to make your decision.  Even if you're later than that, your ticket rep will help you out.  (The Devils aren't even that great with perks, but they're miles better than the Jets are).  

I'm not going to be able to figure out by July 31 what the deal is with my entire crew for a game in friggin December. 

If they have a bad season the Jets don't want to get flooded with STH tickets in addition to sell 100s of unsold seats on top of it. As you probably know when the season is in the sh*tter, tickets are selling for pennies on the dollar

3 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

that's pretty remarkable for the devils.  so you get to dump 20% of your tickets up to 48 hours before?

why would you not sell any early games you can't go to - and then if the devils suck just turn back the last 20% of the home games.  

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

that's pretty remarkable for the devils.  so you get to dump 20% of your tickets up to 48 hours before?

why would you not sell any early games you can't go to - and then if the devils suck just turn back the last 20% of the home games.  

That's basically the move

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, batman10023 said:

This is really cool, unfortunately the deadline to make your 3 game selection to sell back, has to be made by the end of July so it's really just for people who know they have a scheduling conflict ahead of time as opposed to people who want to dip out of potentially bad games.

8 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

This is really cool, unfortunately the deadline to make your 3 game selection to sell back, has to be made by the end of July so it's really just for people who know they have a scheduling conflict ahead of time as opposed to people who want to dip out of potentially bad games.

which are the 3 hardest games to sell on our schedule?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Mods, please change thread title to:

great idea by the Devils, sh*tily executed by the Jets

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

This is so the Jets can sell them on the secondary market for a higher price . THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH .

Exactly.  It also tells me thst once again we will be playing on at least one or 2 of Christmas, New Years or Thanksgiving

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

13 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Mods, please change thread title to:

great idea by the Devils, sh*tily executed by the Jets

Agreed.  I also think the sched release will show some holidays.

21 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

This is so the Jets can sell them on the secondary market for a higher price . THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH .

21 hours ago, Cornfed said:

Does this indicate that the jets think demand will be high this year? I say that speculating that they think they’ll be able to resell the tickets.

That's my read on it too.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Guarantee the sell back price will be prorated to the going rate.

Jets 2-13 your not getting face value or 75% of the fans would sell back their seats.

Yup, they’ll buy it back for Pennie’s and resell it for full price. Essentially selling tickets twice over.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

That makes sense too. Saw a rumor we were playing the Bills on Christmas.

If true those tickets will sell face or higher

bills fans are nuts and will travel regardless of the holiday

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yup, they’ll buy it back for Pennie’s and resell it for full price. Essentially selling tickets twice over.

I thought it was a full credit toward next season.  Not a refund.  And not discounted. Probably a service fee.