Jets face Minny in London Oct. 6

• Jet Nut changed the title to Jets face Minny in London Oct. 6
25 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

It's official on the Vikings website. Looking forward to being there in person. I'll start a thread in the near future for a meetup.

Where are you going to get the tickets from? Do you need to signup now? 

On 5/15/2024 at 9:27 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Football at 9:30am is cool.  Looking forward to it!

An early morning win would really set the day in motion.  

• Upvote 1

I booked airfare and a hotel this morning. Got great deals on both. All I need now is 2 tickets for the game. Looking for a source. Any help would be appreciated 👍 

Also, I decided to stay in downtown London and from what I've researched the stadium is over an hour away. I don't plan on renting a car, so what are my options for getting to and from the game? Is there a train I can take?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gio-Jets said:

Where are you going to get the tickets from? Do you need to signup now? 

I was just poking around on the Tottenham-Hotspur Stadium website.  Sounds like standard tix will go on sale in June.  Premium ticket packages will be earlier.  You can register on the site for ticket updates.

https://www.tottenhamhotspurstadium.com/whats-on/2024/nfl-2024-london-games/

• Upvote 3

I've got my hotel and train down to London booked.  Now, I just need to secure a ticket...

Looking forward to it, should be a good matchup.  Last time I saw the Jets in London, we squished the Phish.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I booked airfare and a hotel this morning. Got great deals on both. All I need now is 2 tickets for the game. Looking for a source. Any help would be appreciated 👍 

Also, I decided to stay in downtown London and from what I've researched the stadium is over an hour away. I don't plan on renting a car, so what are my options for getting to and from the game? Is there a train I can take?

Driving in London is a nightmare anyway, and public transport is very good.  

Tottenham is in North London, so a fair bit away from the city centre.  I haven't worked out how I'm getting from central London (where I am staying) to the game yet, but there will be multiple public transport options.  London has a very good integrated public transport network of Underground trains, overground trains, and buses. It will be easy to get to the stadium on public transport.

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

There are options to get to that stadium via rail line from Kings Cross Station in London, about a 25 minute ride I believe.

Just spoke to the Vikings ticket office. There are no direct single game tickets being offered for sale for this game thru them. They said the NFL International subset is handling ticket sales and they are working with partners who offer air, hotel and ticket packages etc. One of them is

onlocationexp.com/nfl

There are also tickets at vividseats.com which start around $475 for nosebleeds.

Just my two cents...the NFL is looking to maximize profits on Jet fans looking to travel to London which is an expensive city. I'm thinking tickets may be available from other sources in the near future at better prices but that's a matter for your wallet.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Driving in London is a nightmare anyway, and public transport is very good.  

Tottenham is in North London, so a fair bit away from the city centre.  I haven't worked out how I'm getting from central London (where I am staying) to the game yet, but there will be multiple public transport options.  London has a very good integrated public transport network of Underground trains, overground trains, and buses. It will be easy to get to the stadium on public transport.

Thanks for the info! My wife and I are flying out of NY on that Thursday night and arriving Friday morning. We plan on using Friday and Saturday to see as many sites as we can before we go to the game on Sunday. We are staying on Westminster Bridge Rd, across the river from Big Ben. I figured that would be central to a lot of things to see. 

If you were visiting London as a foreigner for the first time and had just two days, what would you have on your list of things to see?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

There are options to get to that stadium via rail line from Kings Cross Station in London, about a 25 minute ride I believe.

Just spoke to the Vikings ticket office. There are no direct single game tickets being offered for sale for this game thru them. They said the NFL International subset is handling ticket sales and they are working with partners who offer air, hotel and ticket packages etc. One of them is

onlocationexp.com/nfl

There are also tickets at vividseats.com which start around $475 for nosebleeds.

Just my two cents...the NFL is looking to maximize profits on Jet fans looking to travel to London which is an expensive city. I'm thinking tickets may be available from other sources in the near future at better prices but that's a matter for your wallet.

I found this on the Tottenham Hotspur website.  Seems like a pretty good deal if it is available to us.  About $525 in US $ at current exchange rates.  

image.png

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

onlocationexp.com/nfl

$475 a seat?! 2 tickets would be almost what I paid for 4 nights in a hotel! 

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

Getting to the stadium will be the worst part of your day.

Only real way in is the tube and the walk from the nearest station to the Stadium is about 20 minutes.

Getting home is a lot worse.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

If you were visiting London as a foreigner for the first time and had just two days, what would you have on your list of things to see?

Friday - touristy things, pub, sleep.

Saturday - pub.

Sunday - football, pub.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Thanks for the info! My wife and I are flying out of NY on that Thursday night and arriving Friday morning. We plan on using Friday and Saturday to see as many sites as we can before we go to the game on Sunday. We are staying on Westminster Bridge Rd, across the river from Big Ben. I figured that would be central to a lot of things to see. 

Speaking as a foreigner who has travelled to London on business several times -- If you have not already booked flights, seriously consider a morning flight on Thursday which gets you in on Thursday evening.  You will adjust to the time difference much better than an overnight flight.

Tower of London is a nice two to three hour tour, get there early and you will still have the afternoon.  Theater tickets if you are with the wife for Friday or Saturday night.  Skip the changing of the guard at Buckingham palace - overcrowded and hard to see much, instead try to take a 1/2 day trip to Windsor Castle which is not too far outside of London.  Some nice museums in town: National Gallery, British Museum, Victoria & Albert museum.  I never did tea at Harrod's which sounds very touristy -- the wife wanted to do it but we could not get reservations, I was not upset.  Its not hard to find stuff to do in London.

• Upvote 2