A real back-up...

39 minutes ago, August said:

Hopefully he doesn’t take a snap in the regular season unless the game is a blow out. But it’s good to have a serviceable quarterback just in case. 

Lol I think there is a much greater chance we see Jordan Travis start a game than Rodgers and Taylor combining for 16

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Its gotta be frustrating that guys like TT or Minshew or Brisett are almost every year a top 25-35 QB - but never get real starting chances because there are always 3-7 teams trying to make things work with a rookie QB. 

I wanted one of those reasonable FA type QBs rather than signing AR8 back when we did.  I wanted to continue to build thru the draft (as we had been mostly successfully doing) with reasonable FA signing sprikled in. 

A least as of now JD seems to have gotten back on that track.  Go Jets!   

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Lol I think there is a much greater chance we see Jordan Travis start a game than Rodgers and Taylor combining for 16

He’s gonna be red shirted.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Its gotta be frustrating that guys like TT or Minshew or Brisett are almost every year a top 25-35 QB - but never get real starting chances because there are always 3-7 teams trying to make things work with a rookie QB. 

Like last year - there is no way TT wasn't a better QB than

Bryce Young

Zach Wilson (if he counts) 

Mac Jones

Kenny Pickett

Desmond Ridder

Aiden O'Connell 

and Maybe

Sam Howell 

Justin Fields

Daniel Jones

Will Levis

Yet he basically never gets a chance to start b/c he is known as just being an OK QB w/ no higher ceiling. 

Guess the $70mm in career earnings helps....

Tyrod Taylor is a competent back up but his ceiling has been defined and he is brittle.

It shouldn’t be a mystery why he isn’t starting over a young guy with undefined potential.

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I think brissett would’ve been a better choice but he probably wanted more than one season and a chance to start.  Taylor is good enough to win a game or two.

I think Brissett’s problem is that teammates like him too much. Good leader, runs the plays, gets the ball out, doesn’t play outside of himself. The OL likes him and the receivers end up getting their numbers. In 2022 when he started a bunch of games for the Browns, he was 11th in EPA (efficiency), which was better than Trevor Lawrence, Tom Brady, Lamar, Rodgers, and Kirk Cousins. You don’t want that guy on your roster for too long when you’re trying to integrate a young QB. Teammates start grumbling. Tyrod gets sacked a ton and gets hurt all the time.

• Upvote 4

Bryce Young
Mac Jones
Kenny Pickett
Desmond Ridder
Aiden O'Connell 
and Maybe
Sam Howell 
Justin Fields
Daniel Jones
Will Levis
Yet he basically never gets a chance to start b/c he is known as just being an OK QB w/ no higher ceiling. 
Low ceiling ... high floor

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think Brissett’s problem is that teammates like him too much. Good leader, runs the plays, gets the ball out, doesn’t play outside of himself. The OL likes him and the receivers end up getting their numbers. In 2022 when he started a bunch of games for the Browns, he was 11th in EPA (efficiency), which was better than Trevor Lawrence, Tom Brady, Lamar, Rodgers, and Kirk Cousins. You don’t want that guy on your roster for too long when you’re trying to integrate a young QB. Teammates start grumbling. Tyrod gets sacked a ton and gets hurt all the time.

It’s almost like they should’ve signed Brissett last time he was a free agent and just been a competitive team.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, derp said:

It’s almost like they should’ve signed Brissett last time he was a free agent and just been a competitive team.

I mocked @dbatesman relentlessly about suggesting that very thing and it’s one of the top ten most shameful L’s I’ve eaten on this website.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Well lets rack our brains out on this one.  
If JT plays one game you’re right.  

We have a real backup in Jordan Travis. I thought that what this thread was about!
Having Tyrod is similar to putting minutes on a cellular. Once the minutes run out you'll have to find another way. 

It's possible he's the long term backup plan ... Highly unlikely to challenger anything as a starter.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

On 5/16/2024 at 4:53 PM, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Bryce Young

Mac Jones

Kenny Pickett

Desmond Ridder

Aiden O'Connell 

and Maybe

Sam Howell 

Justin Fields

Daniel Jones

Will Levis

All those guys T Taylor , G. Minshew , and Brisset are top backup qbs for a reason .   They can come in and win a couple games in relief .   You want none of them starting for most of your team games.   They get exposed when you have to rely on them  that much.    

All of them everyone knows what they are what there ceiling are ( been in the league long enough) , but the younger qb that  hasn’t been league that long  , there is possibility there ceiling could be a lot higher with more experience.