Quincy Enunwa breaks down Malachi Corley

Excited for him. Has a lot of detractors too that think he will not transition to the NFL so a bit of a boom or bust prospect. Obviously from the 1JD video we are dramatically in the boom camp. Steve Smith loves him too which is encouraging.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Excited for him. Has a lot of detractors too that think he will not transition to the NFL so a bit of a boom or bust prospect. Obviously from the 1JD video we are dramatically in the boom camp. Steve Smith loves him too which is encouraging.

I love Steve Smith Sr. Dude played receiver with a chip on his shoulder like no other. 

• Upvote 4

Guys like Corley and Bowers you need to just get them the ball.   A good QB and oc will recognize this and do so. Bad ocs and QBs will be mad the WR or Te did not run the perfect 10 yard slant or out or whatever.

Rodgers cant get hurt again, we need a QB to seize the offense from hackett.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

What about an OC that needed a year to realize Breece is a good receiver? What if we have one of those?

This guy has to be more competent...

What did Jets' Adam Gase make of 'crazy eyes' jokes, memes ...

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/20/2024 at 5:43 PM, Integrity28 said:

What about an OC that needed a year to realize Breece is a good receiver? What if we have one of those?

He figured it out in time for Breece to lead all RBs in receiving yards. I don’t think it’s going to be that difficult to figure out how to get the ball to Corley, especially if Mike Williams isn’t 100% -or even ready- at the start of the season. 

• Upvote 2

It’s interesting when Corley is bouncing off guys and weaving through traffic there’s sometimes a gaggle of defenders converging around him, whereas Bowers is doing his usually doing his damage out in open space where he is basically outrunning a guy to the edge or to the house in a straight line.

I can’t wait to watch these 2 players to see how their games translate to the next level. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Remember when Maccagnan gave this guy a huge contract with injury guarantees!?!?

It’s sad because he was a talented player, but just did not have durability necessary to stick in the NFL 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

It’s sad because he was a talented player, but just did not have durability necessary to stick in the NFL 

And Macc gave that man a contract with injury guarantees.  Think he had a broken neck at the time. 

the special death GIF by The Special Without Brett Davis

• Haha 3

On 5/20/2024 at 4:45 PM, JohnnyLV said:

Not in the Jets sphere, but I saw quite a few draft previews that did not like Corley very much at all. One called him a mediocre running back playing WR

What hack said that?  I never saw one negative report on Corley.

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It’s interesting when Corley is bouncing off guys and weaving through traffic there’s sometimes a gaggle of defenders converging around him, whereas Bowers is doing his usually doing his damage out in open space where he is basically outrunning a guy to the edge or to the house in a straight line.

I can’t wait to watch these 2 players to see how their games translate to the next level. 

Not sure where you're getting that from, Bowers would plow through defenders.

Bowers ranks first in not only conventional categories such as receiving yards (2,541) and receiving touchdowns (26) but also in advanced metrics such as receiving grade (94.1), receiving yards after contact (689) 

20 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Enunwa what a great story . Really over came his talent deficiencies and made multiple teams starting rosters. Incredible really 

Quincy was 6'2 225lbs and ran a 4.45 40. What exactly was 'deficient' about his talent?