Joint practice scheduled between Jets and Giants

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

These things are not worth it, just end in fights and teams cutting practice short.

Not to mention injuries, I hate these practices. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, slats said:

I think part of the idea behind joint practices is that it allows your team to fight with another team rather than with each other. At a certain point in training camp, that’s usually a good break. Also gives you another perspective as to how well (or not so well) your team is executing. 

One would hope that team unity isn't an issue.  But yeah..  Much better to punch a NY Gnat in the mouth than a team mate.
Photo: New York Giants Eli Manning bleeds after being sacked and hit in the  head at New Meadowlands Stadium in New Jersey - NYP20100816105 - UPI.com 

But remember, the Gnats going to feel the same way facing Jets.   Am I correct in thinking that NFL refs will be there officiating?

• Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, slats said:

I think part of the idea behind joint practices is that it allows your team to fight with another team rather than with each other. At a certain point in training camp, that’s usually a good break. Also gives you another perspective as to how well (or not so well) your team is executing. 

Remind us of that when some Giants P.S. guy takes out Rodgers or Hall's knee trying to make a name for himself/make the team, or decks G. Wilson and concusses him.  

To be clear, I'm mostly ok with joint practice.....just not against any AFC East teams, the Giants or the Eagles.  Sorry, no, pass.  What's Arizona doing that day? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Dcat said:

One would hope that team unity isn't an issue.  But yeah..  Much better to punch a NY Gnat in the mouth than a team mate.
Photo: New York Giants Eli Manning bleeds after being sacked and hit in the  head at New Meadowlands Stadium in New Jersey - NYP20100816105 - UPI.com 

But remember, the Gnats going to feel the same way facing Jets.   Am I correct in thinking that NFL refs will be there officiating?

Was that the victor cruise game where he went wild in the 2nd half?

12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I will pick up Donnie Henderson, @faba and @Bob.

@T0mShane you can meet us there and you can pick up, um, nah I can't think of anyone else. See you there.

Lets go hah hah 

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I will pick up Donnie Henderson, @faba and @Bob.

@T0mShane you can meet us there and you can pick up, um, nah I can't think of anyone else. See you there.

3 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Joint practice is antiquated. Pre-rolls are available everywhere.

Teams like the Rams & Pittsburgh who are always ahead of the curve have implemented Bong practices 

4 hours ago, slats said:

Any reps against different people are good reps.  

21 minutes ago, Origen said:

They have more of these now that there are less Preseason games too.  I hope they come up to Albany for it like the good old days!

Pre-season games and the pro-bowl are garbage. 

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

Pre-season games and the pro-bowl are garbage. 

Gotta tell ya Bronx - went to the final pro bowl held in hawaii had a blast especially with fans from all over

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Origen said:

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

If I had my way, it will be all regular games and give other teams zero preview.  You can also add additional regular season games which are meaningful.  Just an opinion and most likely would never happen. 

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

Am I correct in thinking that NFL refs will be there officiating?

Of course,  they need practice in throwing flags at the Jets for phantom holding calls

Isn’t there the same worry over a scrub or some rookie trying to make a name for himself taking out Rodgers, Hall or whoever in the first preseason game the Jets play those 2?  Makes a difference if it’s against the Giants rooks, preseason or opening day opponent?  Are there that many examples of players making a team roster because they injured a star in a scrimmage?  
Seems to me I remember that coaching staffs tend to discourage dirty play and remove squads when play gets chippy

I like the joint practices, especially with the Giants. It's fun reading the next day how the Jets units dominated the Giants units. and how much work the Giants still have to do.

But remember, Rodgers is here with us today in part due to a Joint Jets/Packers practice where Aaron got to see our young squad, our defense, and our coaches close up. He got to know us, and apparently, he liked what he saw. Aaron got a better look a month later when Zack Wilson led the charge into GB and our boys showed the cheeseheads who's boss. Sauce wearing that cheese head sealed the deal.  I could even here Aaron say "Damn. Those guys are young and talented, way more talent than I've ever had on a roster".

When Aaron did his 3 day darkness retreat, he stated he spent half the time contemplating retirement, and the other half he contemplated keep playing. Those dark hours he considered continuing to play, he knew it would be with the Jets squad that he got to know during our practice, and then again during his beat down.

So we can thank joint practices for our FQB taking this team to the promise land!