The great Bill Walton, dies at 71

RIP.  What a great ball player.  He was great in college and then in the nba.  He had those foot issues that really kept him from a much longer career.  And the thing about him is that he never lost his love of the game.  He could be a team leader , as with the blazers , or a role player, as with the celts.  He did it all as well as he could.

• Upvote 1

It's funny, you'd almost always suss out if you were at a show that Bill also attended (and I was at several where I saw him), because the man clearly stood out in that crowd, lol:

DRIXjcpTmEziazgT_g-sUw19LQJRQGMEsre8lQ6Y

The Band itself paid tribute to Walton on Instagram:

"Fare you well, fare you well, we love you more than words can tell. Bill was an irreplaceable force and spirit in our family. Father Time, Rhythm Devil, biggest deadhead ever. Over 1000 shows and couldn't get enough. He loved this band and we loved him."

"We will miss our beloved friend, @BillWalton, deeply. Rest in peace and may the four winds blow you safely home. 🌹💀️."

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

“Contract extensions for everyone!”

he said that after a Knick game when Marbury hit a last second 3 to win,  I think they won 20 games that season

He was still tripping from his last Dead show.

• Haha 1

Would have been the Best center to ever play the game as he was absolutely technically perfect. Yea Bill Riussell, Shaq, Moses Malone, etc etc etc. But for his first few years prior to his injuries, he was the model center you would draw up. My favorite center to ever play the game. 

• Upvote 1