Jump to content

Top 50 most miserable fanbases in All of Sports


Recommended Posts

  • Jdeet changed the title to Top 50 most miserable fanbases in All of Sports

I would also argue that Notre Dame and OSU are far more miserable student and alumni bodies than Rutgers. Those other schools are like **** we didn’t make the CFP this year. Rutgers is more like oh sh*t they had to cut more writing programs to pay Schiano’s sh*tty salary again. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Gators?  Weird one.  I guess because we demand SEC titles every year and it has happened since 2008 but pretty sure they're like top 20 most all time championships across all sports and I'm pretty sure in the last 25 years, they are top 3.  Every Gator I know is a complete and utter homer.  Our victory song is "it's great to be a Florida Gator"....lol  As a fan of the Jets, Mets, Knicks and Islanders who was 7 the last time one of those teams won a chip, the Gators have won 3 Football titles (been to 4), 2 Basketball titles (been to 4 final 4), they are arguably the best baseball program in the country, they won a Golf Nat'y last year, softball has multiple Naty's and were just part of the final 4, and they dominate track and field / swimming. , 

I'd sub the Knicks in there easily.  

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

The Gators?  Weird one.  I guess because we demand SEC titles every year and it has happened since 2008 but pretty sure they're like top 20 most all time championships across all sports and I'm pretty sure in the last 25 years, they are top 3.  Every Gator I know is a complete and utter homer.  Our victory song is "it's great to be a Florida Gator"....lol  As a fan of the Jets, Mets, Knicks and Islanders who was 7 the last time one of those teams won a chip, the Gators have won 3 Football titles (been to 4), 2 Basketball titles (been to 4 final 4), they are arguably the best baseball program in the country, they won a Golf Nat'y last year, softball has multiple Naty's and were just part of the final 4, and they dominate track and field / swimming. , 

I'd sub the Knicks in there easily.  

Seek help 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Can you be more specific about what help I should seek?   This is a little too general for me to really act upon your sound advice.

I hear they're offering assisted suicide nowadays? Sometimes these teams cause me to be a little interested in such a service. 

I'd throw the Nets out there too.

Props to the lister for also getting TAMU - no idea how a school that manages to recruit so well and invest so much in a football program cannot even sniff an SEC title. 

Bunch of other teams that feel questionable too. The cubs? They finally broke their curse and have had some great seasons in the last decade. Are they really living a worse life than Pistons, White Sox (!), Rays, etc fans?

Edit: didn't see the pistons/sox were, in fact, on the list, but I think my point stands

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rutgers fans aren't miserable, they don't give a crap. They are in toughest division in all of sports with Ohio State, MSU, PSU and Michigan.

Knicks and Rangers fans not being on there is a disgrace.

Ohio State being on there is just funny.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Pirates ought to be # 3 on this list, not the Rockies (who shouldn’t be top 5).  I know the Rockies have sucked for a long time but they at least have a beautiful state to live in.  

No dispute over the Jets and Browns getting the top 2 spots but my 3-4-5 would be Pirates, Knicks, Mets.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have to remember that they are ranking the FANBASE and not the FRANCHISE. You can have a successful franchise with a miserable fanbase.

In any event, the Jets fanbase is definitely deserving of the #1 spot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Claymation said:

Rutgers fans aren't miserable, they don't give a crap.

Basketball and wrestling, absolutely give a crap. Football, give a crap in September until the schedule kicks up and it starts getting too cold to bother with sitting outside in Piscataway in December. Then, no craps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Basketball and wrestling, absolutely give a crap. Football, give a crap in September until the schedule kicks up and it starts getting too cold to bother with sitting outside in Piscataway in December. Then, no craps.

You are more of anomaly. And Rutgers rarely plays in December.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Claymation said:

You are more of anomaly. And Rutgers rarely plays in December.

Late November, whatever. Not an anomaly at all. The RAC is packed to the gills for both of them and RU basketball is notoriously one of the hardest tickets to get the last several years. They have sold out the entire home schedule before the school year and are on something like a 3-season streak of sell-outs since Piekell turned the program around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

weird that a team that hasn't made the playoffs in over a decade and hasn't made a championship since we were still on a gold standard would have a miserable fan base. I wonder how that happens?

The disease 

  • Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...