Can Tyrod Taylor take a team to the SB?

31 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

You do realize multiple teams have won super bowls with backup quarterbacks and even way more have made the playoffs with backups?

Last team to lose their starter in week 1 and win a super bowl. Go!

34 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

You do realize multiple teams have won super bowls with backup quarterbacks and even way more have made the playoffs with backups?

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Last team to lose their starter in week 1 and win a super bowl. Go!

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Great strawman argument 

I said QB2 doesn't really matter if you lose QB1 in week one. The above followed. Holy sh*t, dude.

Possible, but not probable.  It is also far from a sure bet that the Jets get to the Super Bowl even if Rodgers plays every game.  Many times, the best team is not even in the Super Bowl.  You need a few breaks and some luck.  The ball can bounce funny.  Thousands of moving parts including officiating and the weather (fukin mudd bowl).  However, with the Jets defense along with Breece, Wilson (no, not Zach), new offensive lineman, the Jets can beat even quality teams with Tyrod under center.  He's more skilled than a few other QB's that went all the way such as Dilfer, Nick Foles, Jeff Hostetler, Jim McMahon, Mark Rypien, Brad Johnson and perhaps a few others. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

You said this team would win 8 games.  The NY Jets who have scored the least amount of TD's in the NFL in back to back years, won 7 games both seasons.  That doesnt really add up.  The team by all measures is better, if they can be middle of the pack in scoring, they'll get more then 1 extra win.  That's just silly talk.

"Teams dont win SB's by going older outside of QB" is simply 100% false.  The Rams, Chiefs and Bucs in recent years, won w/ veteran led teams that went out and got, older.

"Saleh is bottom 3 worst head coach ever" - in the history of the NFL or the Jets?  Because you're wrong in both cases.

"Saleh hasnt done anything other than Huff and Quincy" - the Jets were 31st ranked D his first season, where did they rank the last 2 seasons?

Teams will prepare better for the Jets during the window when Rodgers is healthy and then when we go to his backup the guy just won't win games. Plus Saleh has lost the team towards the end of every season. And we improved on defense largely because of Sauce. Whatever I have my opinion.

8 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Teams will prepare better for the Jets during the window when Rodgers is healthy and then when we go to his backup the guy just won't win games. Plus Saleh has lost the team towards the end of every season. And we improved on defense largely because of Sauce. Whatever I have my opinion.

So the Jets won games because other team didn’t prepare hard for them, but now, they will?  Okay. 

And the Jets won 3 of their last 5 games just a season ago. 

And 1 player is the reason they D went from worst to top 10?

haha - you don’t even believe yourself 

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2024 at 2:08 PM, T0mShane said:

I just looked it up and it’s interesting. Taylor has started 58 games as a pro, his teams are 28-28-1 in those starts, and he’s thrown 65 TDs vs 28 INTs over his career. 

Those TD to INT numbers look good but I think TT is a conservative QB in a league that is all about explosive offense so his W/L is .500.

19 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Those TD to INT numbers look good but I think TT is a conservative QB in a league that is all about explosive offense so his W/L is .500.

I don't think W/L is a QB stat. His .500 record is more of a testament to the teams he played on than his own play. That said, in the three years he was Buffalo's starter he didn't exactly light the league on fire.

On 6/16/2024 at 9:19 AM, mrcoops said:

Tyrod is a limited starter, or a very solid backup.

Could he Hostetler a good team to the Superbowl? It would need to be a very strong team, and they would need to really ride their luck.

Not sure the Jets are quite there yet, but Tyrod could drive this current squad at an acceptable level if needed.

Or Dilfer a team for that matter?

On 6/19/2024 at 5:17 PM, Raideraholic said:

Does Tyrod Taylor drive a bus - only way he’s taking any team to a Super Bowl .  Just kidding. He’s a descent backup qb who always seem to get hurt when giving a chance. ( extended playing time). 

Good thing we drafted Rattler oh wait

He'll be our first running qb since Lucas and a little Fitz... But he might be too old and too hurt to run anymore... When he started out on Buffalo, he was mostly successful when he was using his feet.  I don't recall him having a great arm. 

2 hours ago, roscoeword said:

He'll be our first running qb since Lucas and a little Fitz... But he might be too old and too hurt to run anymore... When he started out on Buffalo, he was mostly successful when he was using his feet.  I don't recall him having a great arm. 

If Jordan Travis plans out, he's another guy that can take off with the ball.