Jets | Team conducting pre-draft visit with H. Ngata

Smizzy

Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:49:20 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the New York Jets will conduct a pre-draft visit with Oregon DT Haloti Ngata Thursday, April 20.

:Typotux:

Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:49:20 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the New York Jets will conduct a pre-draft visit with Oregon DT Haloti Ngata Thursday, April 20.

:Typotux:

Ngata is going to be a very solid NT / DT in the NFL. He wouldn't be a bad pick at 4 if D'Brick does indeed go to New Orleans at 2. Cutler, Williams & Ngata should be the Top 3 considerations at 4 if D'Brick goes in the Top 3.

Ngata is going to be a very solid NT / DT in the NFL. He wouldn't be a bad pick at 4 if D'Brick does indeed go to New Orleans at 2. Cutler, Williams & Ngata should be the Top 3 considerations at 4 if D'Brick goes in the Top 3.

I couldn't agree more.

I couldn't agree more.

Haloti Ngata is a monster - i thought the Jets would never have a shot at this guy last draft season when he was first thinking about declaring. Now that he actually has declared and most 99.9% of fans assume we are passing on him blows my mind. It's not saying fans are dumb its more a function of how there are a ton of elite players in this class.

Haloti Ngata is a monster - i thought the Jets would never have a shot at this guy last draft season when he was first thinking about declaring. Now that he actually has declared and most 99.9% of fans assume we are passing on him blows my mind. It's not saying fans are dumb its more a function of how there are a ton of elite players in this class.

I couldn't agree more. All I can think about is the fact that, as long as we don't get too crazy with the trade downs, we're going to land someone that is considered an elite player from this draft. I am PUMPED!

This is the smart move. Low risk, high upside. Ellis,Robertson,Ngata,VonOlheffen,Pope,Thomas,Reed - it makes too much sense in establishing a potentially dominating front line that can switch from 3-4 to 4-3.

:yeahthat:

We're looking at a very promising situation in a few days.

The really only question is whether the Jets feel it is safe to trade down for this guy. My feeling is that they won't take the chance beyond #7, but then you risk someone trading up to get him. i guarantee you the Jets have him higher on the board than Williams, Ferguson and hawk - based on talent,impact, and need.

How would Ngata and DRob play at the same time if they are in the 3-4?

I'd assume DRob rotating with Kimo/Ellis at end, or rotating with Haloti at NT in a 34, and both playing DT in a 43. It's not like we are going to play 34 90% of the time.

Rotation and flexibility are the key. Robertson is strong and quick enough to play DE on occasion. Also - if they go into a 4-3 alignment with Ellis-Robertson- Ngata- Thomas and the offensive scheme screams for a 3-4 as so adeptly called by Vilma, they could then switch Thomas out to OLB with Robertson at DE................. Or they could call a time out.

A $2.5M backup DE?

Kimo is a great dude but old as heck also 2.5Mil isn't as much as it sounds.

it'd be a rotation. Drob can play nose as well and give the rook a rest. also let's be real guys we are setting lineup in thin air, last year should have taught us injuries can do and will happen.

Archived