Jets sign veteran OT Anthony Clement

tonysxl1200c

The Jets added a much-needed veteran offensive tackle on Tuesday.

The signed former Cardinal, Bronco and 49er Anthony Clement.

http://jets.scout.com/2/521792.html

Ht: 6-8 Wt: 337

Position: OT

Date of Birth: 4/10/1976

Experience: 6

High School: Cecilia HS (Cecilia, LA)

College: Louisiana-Lafayette

You got the experience info wrong, it should be 9 years. Also, he's not listed as ever playing for the broncos on nfl.com

He's big and heavy, maybe a road grader rt??? I really don't know anything about this guy, honestly. His game starts have decreased significantly the last two years, that's all I got so far.

CyberJet is right.... this guy was a bust on the second worrst O line in the NFL last year. He started a few games at LT when Jennings got hurt, and he was PUTRID. The 49'ers had problems at RT too, but this guy couldn't get on the field, after he got benched from the LT spot.

He'll be lucky to make the roster. In fact, I hope he doesn't.

A couple of years ago when we had to play the Raiders that year they got killed by Tampa in the SB,my wife was saying "look at those guys they're monsters"(about their OL)-she was right,they totally neutralized our DL on size alone.

This guy is 6'8 337-now THAT'S the kind of beef we need up front-another signing I'm liking

A couple of years ago when we had to play the Raiders that year they got killed by Tampa in the SB,my wife was saying "look at those guys they're monsters"(about their OL)-she was right,they totally neutralized our DL on size alone.

This guy is 6'8 337-now THAT'S the kind of beef we need up front-another signing I'm liking

First thing I noted about this signing was Clements' height and weight, 2 major pluses.

It does not matter what the size of the player if he can not play-I would not take that as a end-all for bringing a player in- his track record is not that great

He seemed to perform adequately at RT but sucked really bad when forced to play the LT.

Not really... the 49er's are looking for a RT in the draft, they could have kept this guy if they wanted him.... so if he isn't good enough to be SF's 3rd RT..... he has to be pretty bad.

In his first 5 or 6 years he started, on avg, 14 games at rt. The last couple of years have been at LT and his starts have gone way down. I take this to mean he was adequate at the least at RT, that's all.

Like I said, great signing depth wise and I really like the move to get an expierenced vet as a back-up. Oh and:

Jets | Contract update: A. Clement

Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:53:14 -0700

New York Jets OT Anthony Clement's one-year contract with the team included a base salary of $710,000.

If he received a Signing Bonus of $40K or less, then yes he would be eligible for the reduced Cap Hit of $425,000.

I think he gets the 720,000 but it is only a cap hit of 425,000 for the Jets.

I didn't know about the 40k bonus. I think someone a few weeks ago

only got 40k and everyone was wondering why itwas so low.

thanks for the info.

• 2 years later...
I'll never forget seeing Clement getting absolutely pancaked on a pass play that almost got Clemens killed after Chad was benched-it may have been the last game he played for us

Anthony Clement is the worst football player I have ever seen. Not the worst offensive lineman, the worst football player, period.

I have no idea how a man can be as big as him, yet so pathetically awful at football.

I can only hope he gets cut long before opening day.

Anthony Clement is the worst football player I have ever seen. Not the worst offensive lineman, the worst football player, period.

I have no idea how a man can be as big as him, yet so pathetically awful at football.

I can only hope he gets cut long before opening day.

he's already out of the league flipping burgers at Steak and Shake

Archived