Would you be upset if???

CoachTsurfing

Would anyone out there be upset if we traded both our first round picks to the Texans for their number and we took Bush? I got to say that Iwouldn't mind us doing this trade at all. In the past we have really screwed up our lower picks in the 20 range. Maybe the new regimen will do better. But I'm still thinking that at the 4 spot we will most likely end up with a starter. At the 29 it still would be a crap shot. Opinions?????

Would anyone out there be upset if we traded both our first round picks to the Texans for their number and we took Bush? I got to say that Iwouldn't mind us doing this trade at all. In the past we have really screwed up our lower picks in the 20 range. Maybe the new regimen will do better. But I'm still thinking that at the 4 spot we will most likely end up with a starter. At the 29 it still would be a crap shot. Opinions?????

I would vomit. Then I would eat the placenta that Tom Cruise threw up. All around, it would be a bad day if this happened.

Giving up 2 first rds picks for reggie bush ,I think is crap Shot IMO.I know what were getting in bush,but can he do the things he's done in college in the NFL?

RB is the most over rated position in the NFL.

To waste a #1 pick on a RB is complete insanity.

If the RB was so important to win Super Bowls, then the Chargers would have about 5 titles right now with LT.

The Jets trading up to take Bush would even be more stupid than wasting a #4 on one of the QB's.

If the RB was so important to win Super Bowls, then the Chargers would have about 5 titles right now with LT.

The Jets trading up to take Bush would even be more stupid than wasting a #4 on one of the QB's.

So if the Chargers were to do that draft over, you wouldnt take LT overall at 4?

So if the Chargers were to do that draft over, you wouldnt take LT overall at 4?

That's a hypothetical question based on how LT has already performed in the NFL.

All I am saying is teams do not need a RB like LT to win Super Bowls.

RB's like Antoin Smith and Keven Faulk can get the job done.;)

That's a hypothetical question based on how LT has already performed in the NFL.

All I am saying is teams do not need a RB like LT to win Super Bowls.

RB's like Antoin Smith and Keven Faulk can get the job done.;)

PUKE!

Second time in a week I have to agree with you.

BZ

wouldn`t happen, it will take alot more than that for the texans to make that trade. According to the nfl trade value chart the jets would have to kick in the 2nd rounder also!

which I'm fairly certain they would never do.It's like what Bit said today on the radio-ya gotta build through the draft,and besides I don't think Bush is going to be that much of an impact player

I know running backs are not important at all. Emmit Smith did absolutely nothing to help the Cowboys win 3 Super Bowls. I don't know how Denver managed to win 2 Super Bowls with that liability Terrell Davis. The Rams somehow overcame having that primadonna do-nothing RB Marshall Faulk. The Pats got lucky and managed to win a Super Bowl with that overrated POS Corey Dillon and last year the Steelers managed to eke out a Super Bowl trophy IN SPITE of having the #2 running game in the NFL.

I know running backs are not important at all. Emmit Smith did absolutely nothing to help the Cowboys win 3 Super Bowls. I don't know how Denver managed to win 2 Super Bowls with that liability Terrell Davis. The Rams somehow overcame having that primadonna do-nothing RB Marshall Faulk. The Pats got lucky and managed to win a Super Bowl with that overrated POS Corey Dillon and last year the Steelers managed to eke out a Super Bowl trophy IN SPITE of having the #2 running game in the NFL.

- Terrell Davis was a 6th round pick

- Willie Parker was undrafted

- Emmitt Smith's OL in Dallas' SB years was more dominant than KC's has been the past couple of yrs.

- Marshall Faulk & Corey Dillon were already established players and were final pieces to the puzzle rather than building-blocks when StL/NE acquired them, not rookies with no track record for success.

Every one of them had at least one of (if not all of): a dominant OL, top-5 defense, premiere QB, playmakers at WR and/or TE.

Emmitt Smith in his prime wouldn't come in here & suddenly & completely turn our offense around behind Jones-Kendall-Teague-Moore-Clement with Pennington/Ramsey at QB & Baker at TE.

And to assume that Joseph Addai or whoever we'd get at 29/35 is going to turn into Emmitt Smith/Terrell Davis/Marshall Faulk/Corey Dillon based on sexy combine #'s & measurables is wishful thinking at its height.

- Emmitt Smith's OL in Dallas' SB years was more dominant than KC's has been the past couple of yrs.

- Marshall Faulk & Corey Dillon were already established players and were final pieces to the puzzle rather than building-blocks when StL/NE acquired them, not rookies with no track record for success.

Every one of them had at least one of (if not all of): a dominant OL, top-5 defense, premiere QB, playmakers at WR and/or TE.

Emmitt Smith in his prime wouldn't come in here & suddenly & completely turn our offense around behind Jones-Kendall-Teague-Moore-Clement with Pennington/Ramsey at QB & Baker at TE.

And to assume that Joseph Addai or whoever we'd get at 29/35 is going to turn into Emmitt Smith/Terrell Davis/Marshall Faulk/Corey Dillon based on sexy combine #'s & measurables is wishful thinking at its height.

A voice of reason on the jetnation. Thank you Spermy.

Game.Set.Match.

Kevin Mawae - 2nd Round Pick by Seahawks

Kareem Mackenzie - 3rd Round Pick

Jason Fabini - 4th Round Pick

Mawae was a hall-of-fame center, Mackenzie was a very good RT for us and until last year Fabini was a good LT for us. The reason why so many good Offensive Linemen are found after Round 1 is because it is an often overlooked position and a lot of good college players get overlooked.

Now I'm not saying we don't use any of our first three picks on a lineman, I would love to get Winston or McNeill at 29 or Whitworth at 35, but it is alot more far-fetched to assume you'll find a big-time playmaker in the later rounds of the draft. There are alot more Kareem Mackenzie's and Kevin Mawae's than there are Tom Brady's and Terrell Davis's.

Again, it is possible to fix both the offensive line and the skill positions. Hopefully Smizzy won't find that to be an offensive assertion and edit or delete the post.

Look - having RB's of the caliber PeterNorth alluded to certainly doesn't hurt any. If a premiere talent at RB falls into our lap (say Lendale White at #29) then by all means, grab him. But you don't target a position in the draft & say "we should draft a running back HERE," without knowing (or caring) who else is on the board.

Much of the reason for those teams' success with those RB's was the talent around them. Otherwise, as it was mentioned, LT would have 5 superbowl rings. Barry Sanders would have 6. Jamal Lewis surely would've gotten one in 2003. People who think that the great RB's on SB teams were the reason for the SB success have the cart before the horse. There are great RB's who have naked ring fingers every year in the NFL. It's like when Tuna used to babble about running the ball 500x in a season as the recipe for success b/c the top teams all seemed to do so, rather than figuring that the top teams were protecting leads by running out the clock - and hence by the end of the year had run the ball 500x.

Look - having RB's of the caliber PeterNorth alluded to certainly doesn't hurt any. If a premiere talent at RB falls into our lap (say Lendale White at #29) then by all means, grab him. But you don't target a position in the draft & say "we should draft a running back HERE," without knowing (or caring) who else is on the board.

I want to draft as many good players as possible. The key to drafting as many good players as possbile is knowing which positions in the draft are deeper and which have less talent.

I am opposed to taking Ferguson at 4 because there are at least a dozen other good Tackle prospects in this draft. Offensive Tackle is maybe the deepest position in this year's draft. Justice and McNeill may even end up being better than Ferguson.

There are only 4 to 5 good running back prospects in this year's draft. After Addai I don't see anything that promising. I don't want to draft the Brian Calhouns of the world. We might as well stick with the scrubs we already have.

If Lendale White is there at 29 we would have to be stupid to pass him up.

I want to draft as many good players as possible. The key to drafting as many good players as possbile is knowing which positions in the draft are deeper and which have less talent.

I am opposed to taking Ferguson at 4 because there are at least a dozen other good Tackle prospects in this draft. Offensive Tackle is maybe the deepest position in this year's draft. Justice and McNeill may even end up being better than Ferguson.

There are only 4 to 5 good running back prospects in this year's draft. After Addai I don't see anything that promising. I don't want to draft the Brian Calhouns of the world. We might as well stick with the scrubs we already have.

If Lendale White is there at 29 we would have to be stupid to pass him up.

I agree about White at 29. I don't think RB is a building-block position but a talent like that is too much to pass up on at that spot.

Actually I agree with you on Brick as well. I wouldn't be terribly upset or anything if we took him, but I think you hope the Jets do the same as I do & trade down.

Archived