JetNation Draft Party?

TaborJet

I thought about driving down and fighting the crowds, because I miss some of you people. I'm going to pass, though, because I'm an old, married guy with a ton of other things I need to do on a nice spring Saturday.

Have fun, everybody.

Hard Rock Cafe ~ (noon to 2 p.m.) Jonathan Vilma, Justin Miller, Derrick Strait, Rashad Washington, Lamont Burns, Glen Foley, Mark Gastineau

(2 to 4 pm.) Erik Coleman, Victor Hobson, Eric Barton, Dave Herman & Jonathan Reese

Dave & Busters ~ (noon to 2 p.m.) Ben Graham, Jerricho Cotchery, Chris Baker, Ken Schroy, Bobby Jackson

(2 to 4 p.m.) Cedric Houston, BJ Askew, Derrick Blaylock, Wesley Walker, Glen Foley

Fox & Hound ~ (noon to 2 p.m.) Joel Dressen, Kerry Rhodes, Victor Hobson, Fred Baxter, Randy Beverly

(2 to 4 p.m.) Ryan Myers, Patrick Ramsey, Brad Kassell

NYC: faba, Max, Brenda, 4-H, joiseyjet, Tabor...anyone else?

I may be at the Hard Rock. Not sure because washing machine is being delivered tomorrow.

If I am there, I'll buy everyone a drink. Had some good fortune this week. I fought the law & I won...in court that is.

I may be at the Hard Rock. Not sure because washing machine is being delivered tomorrow.

That reminds me of the scene in Old School. Big day planned tomorrow. Going to Bed Bad and Beyond. Home Depot maybe. Not sure if there will be enough time!

(Yeah I probably butchered the line but you get the point). :cheers:

That reminds me of the scene in Old School. Big day planned tomorrow. Going to Bed Bad and Beyond. Home Depot maybe. Not sure if there will be enough time!

(Yeah I probably butchered the line but you get the point). :cheers:

I know what you mean.

If my girlfriends mom can come over when the dishwasher delivery guy is going to be there, then I'll be in NYC. If she can't go, I'll stay home. It would be wrong for me to let her stay home alone while a stranger is delivering a washing machine. She keeps telling me to go to NY & not to worry. She keeps telling me nothing is going to happen. She doesn't realize that in this day & age anything can happen & I'm not going to let her stay home by herself.

I should know by tonight if I'm going. If I am going I'll drive to Hoboken & take the train in. If I am there...MAX you're getting a drink from me. You'll be able to find me in a dark corner at the Hard Rock. :cheers:

Well, let's see. I met up with 4-H and his buddy, and James Hasty outside. Also saw Brenda & her entourage...they had a table close to us, but bailed out right after D'Brick was chosen ( think they went with Limo out to the Long Island party).

Once inside, it was hard to talk because we were prety close to the p.a. system. They had a movie-sized screen set up over the Hard Rock stage with the ESPN draft on non-stop. Evey time there was a mention of the Jets & Saints talking about trading picks, the place went nuts. When the Saints finally took Bush, there were some groans, but not a lot, since most everyone knew the Saints wanted us to give up an arm and a leg for #2. When we chose D'Brick over Leinart, there were more cheers than boos.

A lot of players were there...Gastineau, Vilma, Straight, Barton, Boozer...and others. The lines for the meet & greet were very long, so I didn't bother.

I looked around for Max & faba, but no-can-do. Way to represent the Nation guys! just kidding.

Overall, it was a great time and everyone was satisfied with the picks.

:cheers:

I don't know about anyone else, but I had a dam good time.

It's a good thing I sat at the bar, I needed it to hold me up by the time Leinhart was chosen & after the Jets took D'Brick!! I'll still never understand...why an OT for the 1st pick?? That's almost as bad as taking a kicker with the 1st pick. Oh well. At least this years picks assure us of one thing, and thats that the Jets will have the 3rd or 4th pick again next year. Hopefully there will will be some good young QB's in next years draft.

I ran into Joisey Jet, who seemed like a good guy. I only spoke to him breifly because he was getting beers next to where I was sitting.

While waiting outside of the Hard Rock I was a few people in back of another poster of JN.com who looked familiar. Plus while waiting outside I noticed Bren, who looked better in person with her brunette look & her Marty Lyons autographed high heeled Jets pumps.

Archived