I Love It..PLEASE MAKE HAPPEN

bman

Draft Daddy has predicted that the Jets will trade the 4, 29, 117 and their 2nd round pick next year for Houston's 1. They have the Jets first four rounds going like this:

Rd 1: Reggie Bush

Rd 2: Marcus McNeill

Rd 3: Kellen Clemens, Jason Hatcher (DE, Grambling)

Rd 4: Mike Kudla (LB, Ohio State)

Bush, a starting RT and a future QB..

LOve it

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can anyone complain about landing the biggest potential playmaker the draft has seen in YEARS, a RT to block for him and future QB!!

Bush ..STARTS

McNeill...Starts...

that is a GREAT DAY 1

Give Ramsey some damn weapons..

How can anyone complain about landing the biggest potential playmaker the draft has seen in YEARS, a RT to block for him and future QB!!

Bush ..STARTS

McNeill...Starts...

that is a GREAT DAY 1

That's a lot of picks to give up for a younger, stronger, faster David Meggett.

Bush ..STARTS

McNeill...Starts...

that is a GREAT DAY 1

Please tell me the one time in history where a team gave up so much to move up and take a RB AND actually got the better end of the deal. Just one example.

DAY 1...

Bush and a starting OT, plus a future QB..Thats wonderful..

Tell me how Day 1 can be better.

The #29 pick could be Rick Terry or Alex Dan Dyke, the #117 could be BJ ASkew!!

no one knows.

DAY 1...

Bush and a starting OT, plus a future QB..Thats wonderful..

Tell me how Day 1 can be better.

The #29 pick could be Rick Terry or Alex Dan Dyke, the #117 could be BJ ASkew!!

no one knows.

Did you wanna bother answering my question, or was it that painfully obvious that you chose to ignore it.

Don't know if this was posted today, but from the daily news. This article has the prospect of Bush dropping to the Jets at #4. I'll take him at 4, but I wouldn't give up all those picks for him, NO WAY!

Debate over Bush has Jets in running

BY GARY MYERS

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

The Jets are smitten with Reggie Bush, but will not call the Texans about moving up to the top spot to get him, even with Houston willing to listen to trade offers. There is also the possibility that the Texans will take defensive end Mario Williams at No. 1. There's even a slim chance Bush could fall to the Jets at No. 4.

The smoke screens make the air pretty cloudy over the 32 team headquarters so close to the April 29-30 draft, but last night Texans GM Charley Casserly insisted that Houston has not decided between the dynamic Bush, who can score from anywhere on the field, or Williams, the 6-7 pass rusher from North Carolina State, given a higher grade by the Texans than Julius Peppers in 2002.

Casserly said he hasn't received any offers for the No.1 pick. "It doesn't mean we won't," he said. "We are open to offers."

Casserly confirmed he has not heard from the Jets, who were very impressed with Bush when they met with him Tuesday in Los Angeles. The Jets have no desire to move up and apparently have no desire to take a quarterback that high.

Casserly said the Texans will not make their final decision until early next week. The odds still appear to be overwhelming that they will take Bush. Casserly did say in any other year Williams would be "an easy first pick. In this case, you have two players worth the pick."

One source believes Casserly is trying to use Williams to create leverage in negotiations with Bush's agent, Joel Segal. Casserly, naturally, rejected that theory and also said he is not trying to entice trade offers by talking up Williams.

The Jets worked out quarterbacks Jay Cutler of Vanderbilt and USC's Matt Leinart on Monday and Tuesday, respectively, after first meeting with Bush. The Jets asked Bush if he would take part in Leinart's workout and he agreed. The Jets are working out Vince Young today in Houston. Casserly also included Young as an option for the Texans, but that likely was to appease fans in Houston, the QB's hometown.

The Jets are content to stay at No.4 and right now don't plan to take a quarterback at that spot. And as long as the Titans, picking third, take either Leinart or Young, the Jets are guaranteed that Bush, Williams or Virginia offensive tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson will be on the board. How can it be Bush? If the Texans take Williams, the Saints, who want Williams, take Ferguson and the Titans take Young or Leinart, then Bush is still available. However, if Houston does pass on Bush, then it's very likely the Saints or Titans will be presented with a trade offer from a team that wants to move up to get him. The Saints, who have a lot of money invested in Deuce McAllister, are not likely to take Bush, even with McAllister coming off a knee injury. Tennessee, however, could take Bush, although the Titans seem locked in on a quarterback with a split in the organization between Young and Leinart.

Everyone say w/o a Line...

So YOU know for sure that Brick will help us out more than Mcneil???

We need a RT..JOnes will get better at LT...

Jets need playmakers...

This guy can be Marshall Faulk and LT...

Everyone say w/o a Line...

So YOU know for sure that Brick will help us out more than Mcneil???

We need a RT..JOnes will get better at LT...

Jets need playmakers...

This guy can be Marshall Faulk and LT...

Wow, your willing to risk just about anything for "could Be" player aren't you? You're willing to overpay with a #4 pick at a "could be" TE, and now your willing to give the farm for a "could be" RB.

Hershel Walker was a "could be" RB. In fact his bust was pretty much placed in Canton before h ever played a down of NFL football. The Cowboys sure should thank him for bringing them 3 SB's.:rolleyes:

Ricky Williams was another one of those "could be" RB's too. Ditka sure thought so, too bad it cost him his job.

what farm are U giving up???

The farm is NOT KNOWN..

I think U guys are nutz...

If you knew that Clemens could become a Jim Keely/Phil Simms type of QB...Mcneil becomes Runyan..and Bush becomes Faulk..you would then do it right?

Bush IMMIDIATELY improves the offense by his speed alone..He could be a WR in r wr sets...He has game changing speed....

All of a sudden he opens up the passing game..Curtis doesn't scare anybody...Hosuton! come on...

Bush improves the offense the moment he steps onto the field..

You can then get a starting RT at 35..and you still have PLENTY of picks...

DO IT

Every time I think I've heard it all, someone spits out something even more ridiculous.

Reggie Bush will not be a star in the NFL. Even if he WAS all that, he would not be worth that package of picks.

Damn, I hope the Jets are smarter than Bman. I wish I was more confident that they are.

Please tell me the one time in history where a team gave up so much to move up and take a RB AND actually got the better end of the deal. Just one example.

Dumbass.

What about when Mike Ditka only traded 8 draft picks to acquire Ricky Williams. The Saints made out like a bandit.

I thought you were smarter than that Booz.;)

But you KNOW that he wont be star????

Jets have nine total picks, including five in the top 97..Do you really believe 9 picks are making this team?

Jets are lacking playmakers...

In a HEARTBEAT I would trade the 4 and 29 (and a 6th) for Bush..

The most electrifying player in years plus a starting RT at 35 is a GREAT day 1 by itself..

I have always questioned Bush's durability in the NFL because of his size. Looks like this columnist must have read my posts.;)

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/267385_draft20.html

Didn't read the article but I smell some Sideline Santana Moss-ism in Bush-I saw more in Lendale as far as toughness goes than in Reggie Bush.The Jets would NEVER make a trade like the one Bman is proposing - not this regime anyway

LOOK AT HISTORY.. YOU GUYS PLACE WAY too much importance on draft picks....IF theres a chance to get a special player you have to go for it..

I'd be happy with BUSH, a RT, and a few Prospects...LOOK at our draft history!

RARELY do we even pick 2 starters!

Stop thinking that the #29 and 117 pick is soo great.

Player Pos. School

1 16 Santana Moss WR Miami DECENT for 1 YEAR

2 49 LaMont Jordan RB Maryland ..NEVER STARTED

3 79 Kareem McKenzie T Penn State ..QUALITY PICK

4 101 Jamie Henderson CB Georgia NO

7 206 James Reed NT Iowa State HORRIBLE

7 217 Tupe Peko G Michigan State WHO?

2002 HORRIBLE

22 Bryan Thomas DE Ala.-Birmingham ...NOT WORTH IT

2 57 Jon McGraw FS Kansas State ..NO

3 88 Chris Baker TE Michigan State >>Shown very little so far

4 121 Alan Harper NT Fresno State ...NO

5 154 Jonathan Goodwin G Michigan ...NO

2003.....HOPFULLY ROBERTSON IS GOOD

Player Pos. School

1 4 Dewayne Robertson DT Kentucky

2 53 Victor Hobson OLB Michigan ....PROVED NOTHING

3 85 B.J. Askew FB Michigan ..OH MY GOD

5 140 Derek Pagel FS Iowa >>NO

5 150 Matt Walters DE Miami ...NO

6 200 Brooks Bollinger QB Wisconsin ...NO

7 237 Dave Yovanovits G Temple ...NO

Mike Nugent K Ohio State

2 57 Justin Miller CB Clemson ,....Quailty Pick

3 88 Sione Pouha NT Utah ...NO

4 123 Kerry Rhodes FS Louisville ...?????

5 161 Andre Maddox DB North Carolina State ....???????

6 182 Cedric Houston RB Tennessee ....We'll SEE

6 198 Joel Dreessen TE Colorado State .....???

7 240 Harry Williams WR Tuskegee....NO

The jets have RARELY gotten 1 star or 2 starters!!!

MULTIPLE PLICKS MEAN NOTHING...USE them as TRADE BAIT

This Kellen Qb is going to be a nothing more then a back-up his whole life. If you are going to take a chance on a QB in the third round go with Omar Jacobs. At least he has some upside. Other then that. It would be ok. I personal wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't be pissed off.

Draft Daddy has predicted that the Jets will trade the 4, 29, 117 and their 2nd round pick next year for Houston's 1. They have the Jets first four rounds going like this:

LOve it

Worst idea ever. Just what the Jets need, to turn into the Lions, circa 1995.

Wait, WE place too much importance on draft picks, when YOU'RE the one that wants to mortgage the future draft picks for one PRESENT draft pick? You're not even talking about trading away picks for CURRENT stars, you're telling us to trade away FUTURE and MORE picks for ONE PICK.

You want to look at history? Look at all the busts taken #1 over the years, or if not busts how little of an impact they make. I think I remember the last time a team traded away lots of picks to draft an RB #1...that guy's NFL future is in question because of his love of the green, and not money.

well if i am going to forkover money for beer and a field level ticket i want to see a play maker not a olineman, i rather see pennington get the crap kicked out of fim for some entertainment if nothing else

You must have been REALLY entertained last year.

I guarantee you that Bush is #1 on everysingle teams boards...

If he was there at 4 its a no brainer right? He's our guy?

Well then all we are really giving up is the Abe pick..

we have 9 picks!

we can give 2 or 3 up for Bush who would pay immediate dividends..

But I forgot, we dont want Defensive Coordinators too worry about the jets!

B/C no DC will ever worry about the jets with Curtis and Coles as the go to guys!...

Imagine a screen pass that get positive yardage!!

thats BUSH!

I guarantee you that Bush is #1 on everysingle teams boards...

If he was there at 4 its a no brainer right? He's our guy?

Well then all we are really giving up is the Abe pick..

we have 9 picks!

we can give 2 or 3 up for Bush who would pay immediate dividends..

But I forgot, we dont want Defensive Coordinators too worry about the jets!

B/C no DC will ever worry about the jets with Curtis and Coles as the go to guys!...

Imagine a screen pass that get positive yardage!!

thats BUSH!

I'll say it again Bman ,DITTO i'am with ya:cheers:

LOve it

Bush and McNeill would be amazing. McNeill is better than Ferguson. The guy hasn't given up a sack in 41 games and he's a mountain. Ferguson is undersized and gave up 3 sacks to Mario Williams.

I think its CRAZY that people wouldn't be ECSTATIC about the possiblity of landing Bush and Mcneill!!!

We have the #4 pick...We are CLOSE..There really is only 1 player in this draft that warrants that 1st pick...

Bush would immidiately transform the offense..

Land a Speed playmaker WR later in the draft and the offense will be very competetive.

Archived