Malachi Corley

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

3rd round, actually.

He's raw, which isn't exactly a surprise given his college usage.

Let's give him a little time before we bury him.

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

3rd round

dang it. Well he’s playing like a Second rounder Jet WR lol

Nonetheless - obviously still early , time will tell. 

• Haha 4

I expected us to not use him much early. I did think we'd use him more than we do though in some weird packages like end arounds and such.

I think it is important to realize that most these teams aren't hitting their stride yet. We looked great Thursday and I believe we'll build off of that. But every team we play won't be as bad as NE. So games wont be that easy.

I think the more we play... the more we use him.

But let's be real wouldn't we much rather have a healthy MW out there than Corley?

Or the way Lazard has been... him out there than Corley.

I do want Corley to have a role with us being he's set up to be our WR2 possibly next season (I'm sure we'll bring some one in better than him).

But I don't want to see us waste his rookie year at a position you can play 5 deep at. Get him snaps like we did with McDonald last year

• Upvote 3

Drafted for the future. Williams is on a one year deal. Lazard can be cut after this year if we need cap space. I never expected him to be a big part of the offense this year. He'll have some plays designed specifically for him as the season moves on.

• Upvote 2

I don't think he ends up doing much in the NFL tbh. seems like a total gadget player.

His punishing style of running after the catch would be an interesting wrinkle to break out late in the season when everyone is wearing down and playing with some sort of injury. Might be the benefactor of a lot of business decisions.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't think he ends up doing much in the NFL tbh. seems like a total gadget player.

His punishing style of running after the catch would be an interesting wrinkle to break out late in the season when everyone is wearing down and playing with some sort of injury. Might be the benefactor of a lot of business decisions.

Lol.  Though there probably aren't nearly as many players in the postseason making business decisions.  I could see Haasan Reddick making business decisions that will cost us in the postseason though (should we make it).

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Lol.  Though there probably aren't nearly as many players in the postseason making business decisions.  I could see Haasan Reddick making business decisions that will cost us in the postseason though (should we make it).

I present you with exhibit A, Antonio Cromartie

https://www.facebook.com/Jets/videos/1647914862031590/

• Upvote 1

Jets WRs and TEs are all a bit unique as to what they bring to the table.  Different skill sets.  Corley too.  

Injuries happen.  Weather gets colder.  Opponent matchups.  Corley is gonna contribute at some point.  Did any of us expect Lazard to be quite useful?

Depth…

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Discuss

I seem to recall a time when someone said, hey guys, he's not going to have a big impact year 1.  It's a huge learning curve and the Jets have 3 professional WR's and one of them happens to be Rodgers best friend who's going to have a bounce back season and I seem to remember telling, you dont worry about it, its nice thing to have, hopefully he starts to see more playing time as the season goes on and he's a big contributor in years to come.

You know to respond...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I seem to recall a time when someone said, hey guys, he's not going to have a big impact year 1.  It's a huge learning curve and the Jets have 3 professional WR's and one of them happens to be Rodgers best friend who's going to have a bounce back season and I seem to remember telling, you dont worry about it, its nice thing to have, hopefully he starts to see more playing time as the season goes on and he's a big contributor in years to come.

You know to respond...

Third Eye Illuminati GIF by Meow Wolf

• Haha 2