Is Deshaun Watson the worst starting qb in the NFL?

LionelRichie

53 minutes ago, rangerous said:

yes, but then allen gave away his share during his first two seasons.  not that i think levis will be a great qb but that these guys need a couple of seasons to fully understand the game.

Zach has ruined my ability to be hopeful for rookie QB’s who need time to improve. Plus I live in DC and a rookie QB like Jayden  Daniels is what I want for the next 5 Christmas… athletic, solid arm and processes the game like he’s been there. Please!  Please! Please! 

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Zach has ruined my ability to be hopeful for rookie QB’s who need time to improve. Plus I live in DC and a rookie QB like Jayden  Daniels is what I want for the next 5 Christmas… athletic, solid arm and processes the game like he’s been there. Please!  Please! Please! 

All accounts are that he's a film room nut, is coach able, and appears to be a good teammate.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

All accounts are that he's a film room nut, is coach able, and appears to be a good teammate.

Daniels is the like the polar opposite of ZW.

You could tell by his demeanor on the field on MNF before he even took a snap.

No nerves at all.  As calm as you like.  Natural leader.

Innate poise, feel for how to play from the pocket, and even when scrambling, smart enough to take what the defense gives him and slide so as not to take unnecessary punishment.

90% completion rate without breaking a sweat.

Making pro-day "wow" throws, except in the face of an actual NFL pass rush 🤣

If I was an NFL owner, and I know one pretty well personally, I would really think twice about paying a QB that type of money, particularly one with legal issues or other problems.  There is just alot that can go wrong.  

Woody generally has not done that.   The Jets have also generally stunk.   Building a team around a decent rookie is a strategy.  The Rodgers/Carr strategy is working now.  

It is really an art, not a science.  If you are going to write the check, better make sure that you are 100% confident on the player.  And buying insurance helps, because if the player suffers a catastrophic injury, you can recover cap space to rebuild your team.