AVT and Tippmann were ELITE vs the Patriots! | BEST IOL duo in the NFL?! | Jets Film Breakdown 🎥

jetsons

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

T-I-P-P-Y will be the best center we have had since kevin mawae, a multiple 1st team all pro w/ HOF capability.

And a heck of a snapper to boot.

You called the one. I’d be lying to say I’m not concerned with AVT’s injury history against the Broncos. Hitting his stride hopefully it continues, 

• Upvote 2

Know what stuck out to me on the all-22 highlights in the other thread? Tippmann still snapping his shotgun snaps all over the place. Even when they're upwards of 2-3 feet off where they should be, from point-blank range, Rodgers makes them disappear like it never happened & turns them into positive (if not highlight) plays because he's awesome, but that doesn't cease to make them bad snaps from the center.

I think in these hand-picked highlight clips, Tippman snapped the first one Tippmann dead-on where it's supposed to be every time, and then here are the rest:

Above Rodgers's head and almost a foot to the left of Rodgers's left shoulder:

Over Rodgers's head, to the point Rodgers has to fully extend his arms to catch it:

At face height, above Rodgers's left shoulder:

Imagine a kicker who's so far making all his FGs and XPs on paper, but only 1 in 4 is actually going straight down the middle and the other 3 are of the "whew!" variety. They all count the same, as there are no style points & a FG is good or it isn't, but everyone who's watched five football games knows there isn't a world of good-job/bad-job difference between barely making it and barely missing it. 

Bad snaps like these could throw off anyone's rhythm, and the best QBs make them just disappear like they never happened and were snapped perfectly. Whatever anyone may dislike or even hate about Rodgers off the field aside, he's still a great QB at 40+ years old, who doesn't have either the rocket arm or foot speed he once did in his prime, and is barely a year removed from having a severed Achilles tendon. It's pretty incredible. 

I'd rather have a center above-average blocking but barely close-enough snapping like this than perfect snaps followed by promptly getting his s*** pushed in by any DT/NT, but that shouldn't be the either/or. It's not really an arguable point that Tippmann still needs to clean this up, as this is flirting with the awful, play-killing snaps that (justifiably) concerned the team's fans and coaches alike this summer. 

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Know what stuck out to me on the all-22 highlights? Tippmann still snapping his shotgun snaps all over the place. Even when they're upwards of 2-3 off where they should be, from point-blank range, Rodgers makes them disappear like it never happened & turns them into positive (if not highlight) plays because he's awesome, but that doesn't cease to make them bad snaps from the center.

I think in these hand-picked highlight clips, Tippman snapped the first one Tippmann dead-on where it's supposed to be every time, and then here are the rest:

Over Rodgers's head, to the point Rodgers has to fully extend his arms to catch it:

Imagine a kicker who's so far making all his FGs and XPs on paper, but only 1 in 4 is actually going straight down the middle and the other 3 are of the "whew!" variety. They all count the same, as there are no style points & a FG is good or it isn't, but everyone who's watched five football games knows there isn't a world of good-job/bad-job difference between barely making it and barely missing it. 

Bad snaps like these could throw off anyone's rhythm, and the best QBs make them just disappear like they never happened and were snapped perfectly. Whatever anyone may dislike or even hate about Rodgers off the field aside, he's still a great QB at 40+ years old, who doesn't have either the rocket arm or foot speed he once did in his prime, and is barely a year removed from having a severed Achilles tendon. It's pretty incredible. 

I'd rather have a center above-average blocking but barely close-enough snapping like this than perfect snaps followed by promptly getting his s*** pushed in by any DT/NT, but that shouldn't be the either/or. It's not really an arguable point that Tippmann still needs to clean this up, as this is flirting with the awful, play-killing snaps that (justifiably) concerned the team's fans and coaches alike this summer. 

These snaps are fine.  My goodness jet fans....................

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I’d be lying to say I’m not concerned with AVT’s injury history against the Broncos. Hitting his stride hopefully it continues

I think its in the back of everyone's minds, AVT included... this game is like his "snap 4" we just gotta get AVT thru this game in one piece and will feel a bit better. Thankfully they have to come to JETLIFE this time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Know what stuck out to me on the all-22 highlights in the other thread? Tippmann still snapping his shotgun snaps all over the place. Even when they're upwards of 2-3 feet off where they should be, from point-blank range, Rodgers makes them disappear like it never happened & turns them into positive (if not highlight) plays because he's awesome, but that doesn't cease to make them bad snaps from the center.

I saw the same, Rodgers nonchalantly snatched them & made a positive play, Tippmann should be practicing at least 1,000 shotgun snaps a day to get rid of this. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Listening to a British man talking about American football seems weird. 

Oh, is that the Aussie? Didn't watch. I called that guy out last year... he ONLY does positive videos after wins, his channel pretty much shut down by November last season. 

And Simpson was our best OL that game anyway. 

Not an "analyst".

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

T-I-P-P-Y will be the best center we have had since kevin mawae, a multiple 1st team all pro w/ HOF capability.

And a heck of a snapper to boot.

It's about time that the Jets now have an elite center to continue the trend.  

JOHN SCHMITT - JOE FIELDS - JIM SWEENEY - KEVIN MAWAE - NICK MANGOLD

and now...

TIPPMANN

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Jets fans…

Most impressive at the 5 minute mark of OP's video link, when AVT disengages from the DT, who is passed off to Fashanu, and picks up the stunting DE and nullifies him entirely.

Last year, that D-line technique is a sack against most of the cobbled Jet OL assortments, or best case, has Zach Wilson chased all over the yard.

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2024 at 8:11 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

It's really amazing how Rodgers just snatches the ball where ever it goes and doesn't  lose rhythm.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It's really amazing how Rodgers just snatches the ball where ever it goes and doesn't  lose rhythm.  

I think its time Aaron Rodgers gets a catchy nickname!

How about "Snatcher"... or better yet "SNATCHY!" 

Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Yep. He's not the only one - Mahomes does it, too - but yeah it's crazy how many could be botched snaps charged as QB fumbles, or not botched snaps but still throws off the whole play's rhythm. It's not like it's always off-target in one place either. Sometimes it's off to the left, sometimes high & off to the left, sometimes high above his head, sometimes on target, etc. all over from pretty close range, and it's like it never even happened.