Would you do a trade back? Bryce Huff for Hassan Reddick, plus getting our 3rd round draft pick back?

2 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Denver is never giving JFM back.  Not unless they rip the Jets off in the process.  Denver's defense is surging and JFM is a part of that.

If Jets can get Huff back without paying much, sure.  I was a fan of Huff, but I'm not interested in paying him much after watching every Eagles game so far this season.

He better watch his roughing the passer penalties tomorrow! 

Red dick is the better player and more importantly a 3 down player. He's not a beast against the run or anything but certainly not a liability.

We need that more than ever after Jermaine Johnson went down.

Unless red dick is planning on retiring he'll be here for end of season/playoff run motivated to look good for a big next contract.

We should be patient and just wait for red dick to show.

In short

clemonsNo.jpg.12375bc4274a179ea9da849ddd6c1ea2.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Jethead said:

Get Huff and JFM back for the stretch run. I've heard worse ideas.

Sign Sam Darnold to back up AR8 for next year and beyond.

Id love to get JFM back. The teams ability to stop the run still scares me.

Huff is a no thanks. Pick him up off of waivers when that contract isn't attached to his name.

Darnold isn't signing anywhere for backup money.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Id love to get JFM back. The teams ability to stop the run still scares me.

Huff is a no thanks. Pick him up off of waivers when that contract isn't attached to his name.

Darnold isn't signing anywhere for backup money.

JFM at the Broncos price is great. JFM at the price when he was traded was awful. In any event, that's not happening.

9 hours ago, Alka said:

But he was willing to pay Reddick $14.5 Mill for his services, and willing to part with a 3rd or 2nd round draft pick.  Maybe that's why he would be willing to make the deal.  Huff's sacks and 1st in the NFL pressure rate in 2023 would be part of that reason he would do the deal.

Problem is, the NYJ utilized Huff as a situational pass rusher....he was not an every down player.  The Eagles signed him to a deal as an every down player, and he has not produced at the same level.  $19 mill for a situational pass rusher is ridiculous, and that is what he would be here.  Not sure I want Huff back here at his present contract value considering all of the needed contracts going forward.

• Upvote 1

we all have to be very careful in wanting Huff back here. him having this horrible year might not be a system thing. i know some of you think JD and Saleh are 2 idiots who dont deserve a job but they seen this guy every day for years. maybe they know something we dont. 

lets not act like Huff was some sack monster here. he had 2........2........and 3 sacks before he got 10 last year. maybe last year was an aberration. maybe Huff really is a 2-3 sack a year guy no matter how much he plays.

are we worried that if Reddick was here from day 1 he wouldnt get double digit sacks? no because he has done it for years. Huff did it one year. 

let Huff stay where he is.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jethead said:

Get Huff and JFM back for the stretch run. I've heard worse ideas.

Sign Sam Darnold to back up AR8 for next year and beyond.

Taylor is under contract for next year, so he will be backing Rodgers up.

10 hours ago, Alka said:

You're missing something very important in your analysis.  To go along with his 10 sacks in 2023, Huff led the NFL among all edge rushers with his 21.8% pressure rate (minimum 200 pass rushes).

Pressure on the opposing QB is very significant.  It directly leads to more effective defense against the pass, and can cause incompletions and getting off the field for the defense.  

While he was effective when he was here, there are no guarantees that he still would be if he was traded back.  Even if he was, there's the contract and guaranteed money.  Not only do the Jets have Wilson, JJ, Sauce, Breece, and AVT to extend, but they have a bunch of starters and top backups who will be FAs over the next two years. Having Huff's contract could cause them to lose a player or players that they want to retain.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’d rather just work things out with Reddick and get him in here ASAP

I don't want Reddick at all and never did.  I'd just as soon see the Jets tell Reddick to eff off and trade him to any team that would take him.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

While he was effective when he was here, there are no guarantees that he still would be if he was traded back.  Even if he was, there's the contract and guaranteed money.  Not only do the Jets have Wilson, JJ, Sauce, Breece, and AVT to extend, but they have a bunch of starters and top backups who will be FAs over the next two years. Having Huff's contract could cause them to lose a player or players that they want to retain.

listening to some of these people makes me believe they dont know anything about football.

we cant........

sign the 2022 draft class....

AVT........

bring back Huff and his contract........

give Reddick whatever contract he wants.........

and trade for Devante Adams big contract...

oh and lets not forget Rodgers cap hit keeps getting higher the next 2 years.

they really think there playing Madden. we cant get everybody and keep everybody. if that was possible Tyrek Hill would still be in KC.

teams get rid of high priced players all the time for cap reasons. but watch when JD can't sign everyone they want, they will call for him to be fired.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

listening to some of these people makes me believe they dont know anything about football.

we cant........

sign the 2022 draft class....

AVT........

bring back Huff and his contract........

give Reddick whatever contract he wants.........

and trade for Devante Adams big contract...

oh and lets not forget Rodgers cap hit keeps getting higher the next 2 years.

they really think there playing Madden. we cant get everybody and keep everybody. if that was possible Tyrek Hill would still be in KC.

teams get rid of high priced players all the time for cap reasons. but watch when JD can't sign everyone they want, they will call for him to be fired.

I'm not disagreeing with you but let's see some numbers.

13 hours ago, Alka said:

I read that Hassan Reddick would not be opposed to getting traded back to the Eagles.  Through 3 games, Hall has a total of 1 tackle.  I believe no pressures, and no sacks.  

Thus far, the signing of Huff hasn't worked out for them, and the trade for Reddick hasn't worked out for the NY Jets either.

Personally, I would do the deal.  First, I would imagine that we would only have to pay Bryce roughly $13M left on his contract for this season, since 4 games are already gone.

He only has $34M guaranteed in his contract, so after this year, I would imagine that the Jets would be on the hook for the remaining $17M of the guaranteed contract.

What say you?

13 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

We didn’t want to sign Huff coming off a 10 sack season. Now we’re going to take on his $19m contract after he’s been a complete 0 first 3 games? No thanks 

4 hours ago, BCJet said:

Its insane to me that anyone would want Huff back at his current price.

I liked Huff from the day we signed him and couldnt be happier for him to sign that deal, but he is simply not worth that amount of money.  Hes a situational pass rusher, and if he wants to tear up his deal and play for $8 million a year then Id love to have him back.

At $19 - thats someone else's problem.  Id rather pay Jamien Sherwood who is proving to be a possibly elite cover LB which is so key to todays NFL and especially in our defense.

Folks, Huff's cash and cap hit to the Jets in this will-never-happen scenario would only be a bit below 12M per; the 15.7m signing bonus stays with the eagles