Yankees | Dotel to be shut down for several days

Smizzy

Yankees | Dotel to be shut down for several days

Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:51:20 -0700

New York Yankees RP Octavio Dotel (elbow), who threw one inning in his first extended Spring Training game Tuesday, April 18, will be shut down for about five days, after experiencing arm soreness following the outing. "It's nothing to be alarmed about," said general manager Brian Cashman told Mark Feinsand of NewYork.Yankees.MLB.com. "It's a process, and he's been doing so well. He threw one inning, fastballs only, and he felt sore. His body is telling him to back off a little, so that's what we're going to do."

Give him the spring off. Send him home. Tell him to report in mid Jun for his spring training. Let him start throwing on July 1st. Minor leagues on August 1st. Bring him up September 1st.

They do not need him for the regular season. But if Mo is the only one in the pen come playoff time, the drought will continue.

As long as Dotel is on the team by July and effective, I'm happy. I can't take much more of Sturtze.

It's fun to watch Proctor grow though.

I don't see anything very different this year than in years past. Why is he suddenly so much more successful?

Guidry?

I don't see anything very different this year than in years past. Why is he suddenly so much more successful?

Guidry?

He throws hard. He just needed experience. Not saying he is a lock to continue pitching well. But he always had talent.

I was glad that he didn't get traded.

He throws hard. He just needed experience. Not saying he is a lock to continue pitching well. But he always had talent.

I was glad that he didn't get traded.

Same here, although the market for him this offseason had to be non-existent, especially with him being out of options.

Archived