Jets | Team is $12.9 million under salary cap

Smizzy

Jets | Team is $12.9 million under salary cap

Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:16:35 -0700

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports the New York Jets are $12.9 million under the salary cap, according to a source with NFL contractual data.

:Typotux:

The league also gives each team a certain amount above the cap

tosign draft picks. Its another one of those magical formulas

like the compensatory picks.

That's not true. The league does allocate a maximum pool of dollars that can be spent on rookies, but it is part of the normal salary cap.

That's not true. The league does allocate a maximum pool of dollars that can be spent on rookies, but it is part of the normal salary cap.

Damn you Tony....Damn you.

They say they are 13 million under and you have them at 14 million under. Are you a government worker? If we find out that BJ Askew's 2006 bonus allocation is more than 150k all hell is going to break loose.

;)

Good work man. Seriously pegging a moving target and being as close as you are...that is not easy!

Damn you Tony....Damn you.

They say they are 13 million under and you have them at 14 million under. Are you a government worker? If we find out that BJ Askew's 2006 bonus allocation is more than 150k all hell is going to break loose.

;)

Good work man. Seriously pegging a moving target and being as close as you are...that is not easy!

Huh?

Both tony and I have t hem marked around 18 under. I just looked at his site, which has it around 18.8, and mine, 18.5

that's a seperate number from the SC

It is and it isn't at the same time.

Yes, the league assigns a rookie cap figure to each team after the draft based on draft position of all picks.

However, it is PART of the regular salary cap, so it is part of the 12.9.

Archived