The Worst Song of all Time?

vanDoug

CNN says it's this one, not sure I disagree.

yea Doug that's right up there with The Night Chicago Died-One Tin Soldier and that Elusive Butterfly Of Love-3 others that had no right being on the airwaves-oh yea Debbie Boone had a real bad one too-luckily I can't remember it now

The Police have a song named "Mother". It's on the Synchronicity album, it's never been played on the radio.

I think the planets aligned on that one, it is the worst thing ever recorded.

Are you serious? I kind of liked that song. One of the few by the Police that I actually liked.

hands down, COTTON EYE JOE

Cotton Eye Joe

Rednex

1-If it hadn't been for cotton-eye joe

I'd been married long time ago

Where did you come from. Where did you go?

Where did you come from cotton-eye joe?

(repeat)

He brought disaster wherever he went

The hearts of the girls was to hell broken sent

They all ran away so nobody would know

And left only men cause of cotton-eye joe

imagine this is in a quick1,2,3,4 1,2,3,4 pace

dig it up and have a laugh

how bout tiny tims classic..tiptoe thru the tulips. dang, its now stuck in my head........... joewillys last click on a worst song thread

I think the song "Old Dan Tucker" (as it was sung by Mr. Garvey of "Little Haus on the Prairie" fame) is a top 10 worst song.

I dunno Jimmy - how can you get further into the dung pile than "Seasons in the Sun". I remember when that pos came out thinking - wow-somebody is actually getting money for writing this.

I agree with you, SP. Although, I DO understand the appeal.

isnt that nice.....i have no clue what good music is because i dont agree with him......if he didnt play that crap in his own band he wouldnt be on me about it...

Bang on, Newjetster. I'd forgotten about that pile of manure. Stinky!!!!!

Maybe one of the sappiest songs out there (next to Honey, of course)

I think I'm damaging myself trying to remember the 60's pop drizzle by bands like The Cowsills, Partridge Family and The Monkees. Can't be healthy.

Barbie Girl- "Im a Barbie Girl,In a barbie world....c'mon barbie ,let's go party"

love that song smizzy... it is all about me!! :mrgreen:

"you light up my life" by debbie boone...

that is just plain bad!!! gives romance songs a bad name!

C'mon Al - I'll grant you the music left a little to be desired, but how can you put down lyrical genius like:

"I'm momma's boy Otis, I'm one of a kind, da ladies all luvs me for my body and my mind"

It's criminal there were no Grammy nominations! ;)

isnt that nice.....i have no clue what good music is because i dont agree with him......if he didnt play that crap in his own band he wouldnt be on me about it...

I play solo and anyone who understands song structure would have to agree that Bruce Springsteen is a genius-ask anybody who plays sp

All good choices. Anything by Bon Jovi works for me.

One song I really cannot stand, that was often a wedding song in the 1980s-"Wonderful Tonight" by Clapton. Sappy junk. It was as if collectively NOBODY listened to the lyrics. Guy gets totally falling down effed up, has his girl practically carry him to bed since he cannot get up, and all the this douchebag can tell his lady is "Darling, you were wonderful tonight-I don't feel all right, I'm really drunk, you drive, carry me to bed, and you look great". Guy's looped out of his gourd and still trying to get lucky. Thanks so much, drunko-after you made an ass of yourself, made me drive when I wasn't planning to, puked in the car, pissed in the fridge, fell asleep on the toilet and shat on the couch. I don't look so wonderful after carrying your loaded butt to bed. Thanks so much.

Archived