Jets | Rumor alert: NFL Draft trade

FoxJet

Jets | Rumor alert: NFL Draft trade

Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:46:30 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports one rumor making the rounds has the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/27/nfl">New York Jets (No. 4) swapping their first-round pick with the Oakland Raiders (No. 7), who want a quarterback. The Jets then select Oregon DT Haloti Ngata with the seventh pick. The Jets don't have a pure nose tackle for their new 3-4 scheme.

:Typotux:

would we get thier 2nd? Cutler, Ngata, hawk or davis would be there at 7 so we retain value and save money.

THis does not seem to make a whole lot of sense to me unless both lienart and young are there at 4 and okland really loves one of them. A qb sould fall to them at 7 so I don't know why they would not stay put.

That wouldnt be a bad trade, not sure about Ngata though.

I'd rather have Cutler there at 7 or Vernon Davis if he was still there.

The Jets front office is no longer looking at Cutler or Vernon Davis...

Jets | Team had pre-draft visit with Croyle; team giving him consideration

Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:39:55 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergem Record, reports the New York Jets conducted a pre-draft visit with Alabama QB Brodie Croyle Friday, April 21. The team is giving some consideration to selecting him in the second round of theNfl Draft. Croyle has his supporters and detractors. The latter don't like his build, a slender 6 feet 3 and 204 pounds, or that in the Crimson Tide's loss to archrival Auburn last season, he was sacked 11 times. But his supporters love how he bounces up after those sacks and the poise and composure he displays in between.

If we go after a QB, it will be in the 2nd round, especially if we get the Raiders #7 & a 3rd round pick for #4.

Then it still might be the OT Winston Justice or AJ Hawk at #7 with Mangold at #29 & Croyle at #35...

Barton, when will you be getting off the Cutler bandwagon?:eek:

He has gone down the board faster than Jenna Jameson does on Peter North.

I'm not even a big Cutler fan myself, but I'd take him over Ngata.

I wouldnt take Cutler at 4 though.

If a QB is sitting there at #4, I really believe the Jets will trade down with the Raiders and take Ngata.

I do too.

And furthermore, if the Jets get Oakland's second I could see them trading down from 29 to try and pick up a first or second rounder next year.

No matter what happens, I would not pull the trigger on a deal until I was on the clock. The natural reaction of the buyer is to overpay at that point because they see the player that they want sitting there and then panic starts to creep in. Sit tight and maximize the value!!

No matter what happens, I would not pull the trigger on a deal until I was on the clock. The natural reaction of the buyer is to overpay at that point because they see the player that they want sitting there and then panic starts to creep in. Sit tight and maximize the value!!

Exactly.

The highest value the Jets will recieve for the #4 pick is the 15 minutes that they are on the clock.

Exactly.

The highest value the Jets will recieve for the #4 pick is the 15 minutes that they are on the clock.

trading pick for pick(s) prior to the draft strikes me as showing your poker hand. I understand when a player is involved( though jolley & jmac haven't proved to be fruitful) but trading straight up draft pics a few days or hours before gives the competition more time to react

I know this blurb is stating the obvious to most of you but i'm posting it for the benefit of bit & riggo........ those guys don't seem to grasp the draft portion of the nfl very well

;)

I'll give you two scenarios:

If they decide to go offense (assumes D'Brick is available at 4), then I'd die for D'Brick at 4 or 7, Mangold at 29, and LenDale White at 35 and and either a WR or NT at 38. Maybe flip the 35 and 38, depending on availability, and whether you do the trade.

If D'Brick is not available at 4, then I go a different way. I do the Raider trade, take Ngata at 7, Carpenter or Greenway at 29, McNeill at 35 and best available WR. at 38.

We do know that all this is pure speculation, because no one really knows what will happen after the first 8-9 picks. Right?

I still think that D'Bick could slip, assuming he would be availible by 4. I mean I highly doubt that Green Bay passes up A.J. Hawk for D'Brick, when they already have one of the best LT's in the league, Chad Clifton. The niners, I could see them taking him, and then target Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson at 22, but I think that they are so enamored with Vernon Davis, that they would take him, and then if they were that desperte for OL could get Eric Winston etc. at 22. I really think D'Brick could fall to 7, and then we could get D'Brick AND an extra second rounder, oh baby, picture perfect.

Archived