Jets and Ravens have a tentative deal in place? {Merged}

madmike1

According to the Star Ledger, the Jets and Ravens have a tentative deal in place depending on how the first 12 Picks fall off the board

The Ravens want Haloti Ngata, so if Nagata is there for them at 13 they will just pick him and be done with it

However, if Ngata is off the board at 13 {as most mocks are projecting}, AND IF JAY CUTLER IS STILL ON THE BOARD AT 13, the Jets will send Baltimore their 29th and 35th overall picks for the Ravens #13 Overall Pick so we can draft Cutler at 13

The #4 Pick plays no role in this discussion ... that is an entity all to it's self and will remain with the NY Jets

According to the Star Ledger, the Jets and Ravens have a tentative deal in place depending up how the first 12 Picks fall off the board

The Ravens want Haloti Ngata, so if Nagata is there for them at 13 they will just pick him and be done with it

However, if Ngata is off the board at 13 {as most mocks are projecting}, AND IF JAY CUTLER IS STILL ON THE BOARD AT 13, the Jets will send Baltimore their 29th and 35th overall picks for the Ravens #13 Overall Pick so we can draft Cutler at 13

The #4 Pick plays no role in this discussion ... that is an entity all to it's self and will remain with the NY Jets

If Cutler is not on the board at #13, then some team MAJORLY REACHED to take hiim.

Heck, if we take him at #13, we're reaching.

I hope this doesn't go down. For starters, the Ravens should kick in a 5th and 6th rounder to even up the points. Secondly, I don't want Cutler. I'm sorry, but I'd rather go into the 2nd or 3rd round to get my QB if it's going to be Cutler.

That is one horrible trade. I can't believe this sh!t, just stay put and get the players that are available. :Cuss:

When I first saw the thread title I thought it was going to be us trading up for one of the stud de/olb pass rushers and then I see it's for Cutler? Oh fuvk!

See, this is why we're all not going to be happy no matter who we pick or don't pick. This is just one guy and we're already splitting the ranks.

The funny thing is that surrounding this thread are other rumors that

Schott wants Leinart and we are thinking about Davis.

And what happened to yesterday's rumor about us trading with oakland?

Can't wait till Saturday when all this BS is over!!!

The funny thing is that surrounding this thread are other rumors that

Schott wants Leinart and we are thinking about Davis.

And what happened to yesterday's rumor about us trading with oakland?

Can't wait till Saturday when all this BS is over!!!

I hope you're right SFJ, because trading lendale white and Davin Joseph or whatever the two players we could have for Cutler is a HUGE mistake.

this would be GREAT..IF jets can trade down fron 4 to 7, picking up the #38 perhaps..

Take Ngata,Hawk, OT,or Vernon davis at 7...

Cutler at 13..

RB at 38

They won't get the #38 for moving down 3 spots, they would get a 3rd rounder.

I really don't think they should take a QB in this draft. How about DBrick at 4 and Vernon at 13 (yeah I think he will be gone by that point).

But noodle arm would have a new stud OT and the greatest TE of all time at his disposal. lol.

I really don't think they should take a QB in this draft. How about DBrick at 4 and Vernon at 13 (yeah I think he will be gone by that point).

But noodle arm would have a new stud OT and the greatest TE of all time at his disposal. lol.

I think Vernon would be gone by 13, but I like the scenario.

If Cutler becomes a franchise QB, you'd all be calling this the Greatest trade in Jets history, and that's no hyperbole ... nothing trumps a QB ... no two NON ELITE prospects trump a QB {and we're talkin NON ELITE outside of the TOP 10} ... especially if you don't have a QB to build around

And if you don't think Cutler has the tools to become a franchise QB .. CAN'T HAPPEN .. please think again

Translation: If Ngata is off the board at 13, and Cutler isn't, I'd make this trade in a heartbeat

if we get brick and cutler that would be the answer to all our problems at those positions for the next 12 yrs. it`s a no brainer!!! for those of you who don`t like it` have no brains!!!!!!! before i listen to so called draft experts(kiper) i`ll trust the opinion of past QB`s like jaws and simms who say that cutler is the best Qb in this draft!

If Ngata is gone, I wonder if Ravens would consider DRob and #35 for their #13.

Then the Jets would have #4, #13, and #29.

Of course they'd be minus a DT, but if you believe DRob's knees are shot, might be a way to go.

Now that the entire world knows that Drob's playing with bone on bone, who would be dumb enough to trade for him? The Jets? Yeah, we already have him.

if we get brick and cutler that would be the answer to all our problems at those positions for the next 12 yrs. it`s a no brainer!!! for those of you who don`t like it` have no brains!!!!!!! before i listen to so called draft experts(kiper) i`ll trust the opinion of past QB`s like jaws and simms who say that cutler is the best Qb in this draft!

Add Mike Mayock to that list of saying Cutler is the real deal. I've said in other posts, Mayock hyped up another qb like this one two drafts ago. His name is Superbowl Champ Ben Rothilisburger.....Cutler is the real deal, trust me.

Now that the entire world knows that Drob's playing with bone on bone, who would be dumb enough to trade for him? The Jets? Yeah, we already have him.

haha,, we need to have Bradway get a GM job on another team, ,he might make the trade

Do you always answer a question with a question?

The answer: Someone who plays a 4-3 Defense might still be interested ... and I'm sure a "doctor's physical" to check out the knee would be involved somewhere along the line.

Do you always answer a question with a question?

The answer: Someone who plays a 4-3 Defense might still be interested ... and I'm sure a "doctor's physical" to check out the knee would be involved somewhere along the line.

I think he is saying DROB 'at this point' is untradeable for anything approaching a pick in rounds 1 thru 3..

sure someone will give us a 5th rounder for him , but to get value he needs to get back on field and CONSISTENTLY perform at a 1st round level...

If the Jets FO and Coaching staff thinks that Cutler is their man they NEED to make this trade or assure themselves of getting him. Jet liked Favre better once too but did not have the Guts to just trade up a little to get him.

I would not like taking Cutler at 4 or 7 but at 13 it would be a bargain.

To wind up with Brick, Davis, Ngata, or Hawk and Cutler would be an amazing draft. Plus 3 thirds if we drade with Oak too.

Archived