Middle round QB-who would you want the Jets to take?

faba

The Jets, in my opinion, have always liked Brodie Croyle. Ever since the Senior Bowl I have had that feeling. The reason I think the Jets will take him at #35 is because of the lack of news that has been on him as a potential pick for the Jets (up until the last couple of days). In fact if we are trying to read into Tangini's mind I would offer this. I think the draft buzz on Clemens was manufactured by the Jets to get attention away from Croyle. In fact on some boards Clemens has leap frogged Croyle. The Jets will trade down with either the Raiders or the Vikings. I wouldn't mind if we took Croyle at #35. But if we had an extra second rounder I would be happier.

I like Brodie Croyle. But I would really like to hold off till next year and take Quinn from ND. I am hoping we don't have that high of a pick next year but if we save enough $$ being smart this year maybe we can work a deal for him next

Charlie Whitehurst has the correct size to last in the NFL, Croyle is small, only 205 pounds, and won't be able to take the beating of the NFL.

He took a heck of beatin' behind a poor offensive line in the SEC and produced. Not sayin' you are wrong, but most QB's are going to be hurt by repeated hits.

I think we should go with Omar Jacobs in the third round. Two years ago he had one of the best seasons of any college quarterback ever,

4000+ yds, 41 TD's, and only 4 INTs.

He's got the brains, good arm power, durablility (yes he was injured in 2005 for a few games, but it was a huge hit he took), and mobility to make it in the NFL. We would just have to be patient as he adjusts his throwing motion, but he will be a good quarterback for someone if not the Jets.

Thats just my opinion though.

Charlie W or Omar J either one i'd be happy with.in the 3rd

Charlie W., I can see. Seems like a poor man's Cutler, and the word was that the Jets were impressed with Cutler, although maybe not at #4. I have a concern if Jacobs ever makes it to the NFL. Don't know why, just a feeling that he is not going to be anything better then a backup.

Wow, I still can't believe people are on Kellen Clemson band wagon. The guy will amount to nothing more then a back-up if he is lucky. If we are going to take a shot at a developmental QB you take one that has skills that can't be taught. Like a strong arm, good running ability, and the mental capacity to learn. I like Omar Jacobs with our second third round pick or wait much later like the 5th or even 7th round for someone like Ingle Martin from Furman. Just my opinion.

Mid round would probably classify as mid to late 3rd round.

I am not so sure that Croyle or Clemens would last that long. I like both QB's. Whitehurst is an interesting player too. I also like Jacobs.

I think once you pass on the top 3, You get into the 2nd string type QB's. Croyle, Clemens, Whitehurst and Jacobs won't be starters right out the gate but they could be very good starters down the line.

If we are talking about real day 2 type QB's. The next group are mostly projects and third string guys.

I like Tarvaris Jackson, D.J. Shockley, Reggie McNeal and Drew Olson. Jackson might go on day one.

Shockley and Jackson are raw as hell. Ingle Martin is also a very interesting player at the QB position. I liked what I saw out of The Combine but the body of work is small.

Archived