Bush falls to #4?

34st GANG

1 williams

2 Brick

3 one the the 3 QB's

4 Bush?

And if this happens would you trade the pick? Bet you get great offers!

There's no way Bush gets past Texas AND New Orleans, but to follow through with the scenario ...

I'd make a trade with someone who wants to "stockpile" us with more picks, ala a Herschel Walker or Ricky Williams deal for the opportunity to get Reggie.

Then Pro-Football-Talk got it wrong. Not that that's a first but they've been doing decently these days.

POSTED 11:02 a.m. EDT, April 27, 2006

TEXANS BAG BUSH

A source tells us that the Houston Texans have reached an agreement with tailback Reggie Bush, which will make him the first overall choice in the 2006 draft.

More details coming.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

And how many Super Bowls has Barry Sanders played in?

That logic makes zero sense. You pass on arguably the best RB of all time because he never played in the SB?

Hell, no reason to pick Marino either.

Being so that you're so lucky to watch the Pats play in 3 Super Bowls, you think there's a certain formula that gets you there. There isnt.

There's no way Bush gets past Texas AND New Orleans, but to follow through with the scenario ...

I'd make a trade with someone who wants to "stockpile" us with more picks, ala a Herschel Walker or Ricky Williams deal for the opportunity to get Reggie.

I wouldn't be shocked if he slips past Houston and New Orleans. They both have quality PROVEN starting RBs already.

If that happens you take the best RB since Barry Sanders and giggle like a little girl.

And you are basing that ridiculous statement on what? How many yards has he rushed for in the NFL to date? The giggling like a little girl wouldn't be a stretch for you though. Dumbass.

And you are basing that ridiculous statement on what? How many yards has he rushed for in the NFL to date? Dumbass.

Well, if you're basing the draft on who's proven...well ugh...you can't

All of these guys are just as likely to be a bust as the next. Nobody truly knows, even Mel Kiper Jr.

Well, if you're basing the draft on who's proven...well ugh...you can't

All of these guys are just as likely to be a bust as the next. Nobody truly knows, even Mel Kiper Jr.

I'm not basing it on that but to say Bush is the best RB since Sanders is irresponsible and just plain f#*king stupid.

That logic makes zero sense. You pass on arguably the best RB of all time because he never played in the SB?

Hell, no reason to pick Marino either.

Being so that you're so lucky to watch the Pats play in 3 Super Bowls, you think there's a certain formula that gets you there. There isnt.

we didnt...how many rings does marino have???

:)

OH MY GOD..

IF Bush falls to 4 the jets would pick him before the commish say Jets are on the clock...

I think some people would trade the entire draft for 17 rd 9 picks...and they'd choose 17 O lineman....

OH MY GOD..

IF Bush falls to 4 the jets would pick him before the commish say Jets are on the clock...

I think some people would trade the entire draft for 17 rd 9 picks...and they'd choose 17 O lineman....

If Reggie Bush fell to #4, the Jets must trade that pick. They have the rare opportunity to get 2 1st, and at least a 3rd. This is like getting the #1 pick in the draft, and the line will form to the left.:yahoo:

what is the purpose of the draft?

TO DRAFT TALENTED PLAYERS..Bush is the most talented player in the draft.

I really hope yr kidding..

Jets would be falling over themselves if Bush fell to 4...

but you would trade the pick!!

for a bunch of mediocre prospects!

crazy talk has taken over jetnation...

lets trade down and get Becht and Askew!!!!

And how many Super Bowls has Barry Sanders played in?

Isn't football supposed to be a team sport? I guess it's Barry's fault he had Scott Mitchell and Charlie Batch as his quarterbacks.

I would prefer to trade the pick though you can't not be happy with getting the best player in the draft.

Please take no offense to any of this:

BUT YOU GUYS ARE SO FAR OUT OF YOUR MINDS

If bush falls to 4 you wouldn't take him.....

I cant even argue b/c i am bedised myself...

THANK GOD the coachig staff doesn't agree

First off I would be floored if Bush dropped to 4. There is ZERO chance of that happening IMO.

But

If that were the case I would no doubt trade the pick and stockpile as many draft picks as I could. This isn't the NBA draft where basically after the 10 or 15 picks you a drafting on chance. You can get alot of great talent not only late in the first round but the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rounds if you really do your homework.

Bush would struggle right now with the Jets OL in the shape they are in right now so I would trade the pick.

Please take no offense to any of this:

BUT YOU GUYS ARE SO FAR OUT OF YOUR MINDS

If bush falls to 4 you wouldn't take him.....

I cant even argue b/c i am bedised myself...

THANK GOD the coachig staff doesn't agree

Shoot... how are we not supposed to take that with any sort of offense?

My friend, it seems you take offense to anyone not agreeing with your draft selections, despite them having their reasons.

I know everyone wants a quick fix, but the talent just isn't there, right now. It'll take time, for it to get better. Maybe not a whole lot of time, but time none the less. Drafting a QB or selling out the entire draft to draft someone who won't help right away is suicide. Besides, you can't look at it the way that you'd want to. You have to look at it from how the Pats built their team. They don't have any real playmakers, per se. They got extremely lucky on a QB with a great pedigree, who was coached by one of the best offensive minds of this era. The Pats were built on defense first and a great offensive scheme. Suspect that's how the Jets are going to be built, as well.

so you would not draft Reggie Bush!

He's the BEST player in the draft...

That why there is a DRAFT..To DRAFT talent..

You don't draft talent. You draft winners. Why not talent? Because, everyone in the NFL has talent. There's a reason for the saying it's 90% mental and 10% physical. Barry Sanders, as much as I love him... world of talent. Probably the most talented football player of all time. But, he wasn't a winner.

No, I wouldn't draft Reggie Bush. He's worth alot more to others than he would be to the Jets. Yeah, alot of people would be pissed, but that's ok. The kind of deal you could get for Bush would be the type of deal that set Dallas up for all those championships.

Besides that, winning organizations find late round gems. The Jets need to focus on that, instead of a "stud" first round playmaker.

You don't draft talent. You draft winners. Why not talent? Because, everyone in the NFL has talent. There's a reason for the saying it's 90% mental and 10% physical. Barry Sanders, as much as I love him... world of talent. Probably the most talented football player of all time. But, he wasn't a winner.

No, I wouldn't draft Reggie Bush. He's worth alot more to others than he would be to the Jets. Yeah, alot of people would be pissed, but that's ok. The kind of deal you could get for Bush would be the type of deal that set Dallas up for all those championships.

Besides that, winning organizations find late round gems. The Jets need to focus on that, instead of a "stud" first round playmaker.

How is Reggie Bush not a winner? He won 2 national championships and came within 3 mins of a 3rd for the best college team in america. And with the no 1 pick or a top 5 pick you take the fact that the guy was a winner in college in to account but you DO draft on talent not intangables. Barry Sanders had no team around him so that makes him a loser? Thats just a stupid way to draft.

How do you judge a winner in college anyway? Is EVERY player from USC a "winner" cause they won national championships and every player from say NC State a loser because they lost their bowl game?

Archived