Bush falls to #4?

34st GANG

you wouldn't draft the biggest playmaker in recent years...an all world talent...

you're NUTZ!!

lets draft BJ askew instead

Dude, he's 200 lbs. soaking wet. You'll have to excuse some of us that are a little leery about his effectiveness in the NFL. There have been alot of people in the past that just dominated in college and were absolute busts in the NFL. It's not as guaranteed as you seem to think it is.

How is Reggie Bush not a winner? He won 2 national championships and came within 3 mins of a 3rd for the best college team in america. And with the no 1 pick or a top 5 pick you take the fact that the guy was a winner in college in to account but you DO draft on talent not intangables. Barry Sanders had no team around him so that makes him a loser? Thats just a stupid way to draft.

How do you judge a winner in college anyway? Is EVERY player from USC a "winner" cause they won national championships and every player from say NC State a loser because they lost their bowl game?

It's not a stupid way to draft. Maybe saying winner wasn't the right way to say it. All flash and no substance. Glitz and glamor. You guys aren't getting it. The Jets aren't going to go that way. They're not going to trade all their picks to draft Reggie Bush. I thought that was established a long time ago. They're going to be built with great line play. People talk about how KC has the best offensive line in the NFL, but their defense sucks. Baltimore has a stout defense, but they can't move the ball. The Jets have to find the marriage of good offensive line and good defensive line. That's for the future. But first, they have to build the foundation for that. That's what y'all aren't getting. Yeah, getting Reggie Bush would be great. Yeah, he'd get alot of yards. Doesn't mean he'll score. And, when his team needed him most, where was Reggie Bush? On the sidelines. When the Lions needed Barry Sanders to step up his game, what did he do? Run for -14 yards in the playoffs.

Seriously, y'all who are in the pro Bush camp, are just coming off as brats who aren't geting their way. If you want to cheer for a team that will have Reggie Bush on it, go cheer for the Texans.

I think the Texans will take Mario Williams. Just a hunch but I really feel strong about it. Texans GM was on the Michael Kay show and there were a couple of things he said that made me believe it will b Super Mario picked first.

I think the Texans will take Mario Williams. Just a hunch but I really feel strong about it. Texans GM was on the Michael Kay show and there were a couple of things he said that made me believe it will b Super Mario picked first.

Not that it matters, but on SC, Mort said that the Texans hadn't had any negitiations with Bush over the past 24 hours. They have with Mario Williams, though.

Not that it matters, but on SC, Mort said that the Texans hadn't had any negitiations with Bush over the past 24 hours. They have with Mario Williams, though.

Yeah from everything said by Casserly which I just posted and what Mort said on 1050 as well (which I also heard on my way home tonight) I think it is Williams.

Then Pro-Football-Talk got it wrong. Not that that's a first but they've been doing decently these days.

POSTED 11:02 a.m. EDT, April 27, 2006

TEXANS BAG BUSH

A source tells us that the Houston Texans have reached an agreement with tailback Reggie Bush, which will make him the first overall choice in the 2006 draft.

More details coming.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Mr. Seymour - As USUAL They got it wrong!

Texans | Talks with M. Williams heating up

Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:40:47 -0700

ESPN.Com's John Clayton reports talks between the Houston Texans and North Carolina State DE Mario Williams are heating up. The Texans are now offering more than the money paid to QB Alex D. Smith, the first pick in last year's NFL Draft by the San Francisco 49ers. Williams might feel comfortable accepting the offer to become the first pick in this weekend's NFL Draft.

And Tex, I agree, if Bush is available at #4 - YOU TRY TO TRADE THE PICK!

• Any other team beyond the 7th pick would have to give up their #1 pick this year Plus their 2nd rounder.

• Any other team beyond the 15th pick would have to give up their #1 pick, this Year's 2nd round & a 3rd!

Still, I am also of the belief that should Bush drop to #2, the Titans as well as many other teams may jump on the 2nd pick and give up on going after a QB until the later rounds!

Gonna be an interesting Saturday!

If that's the case, New Orleans is now doing jumping jacks. They'll take Bush in a New York minute.

I believe NO has 40 million invested in Duece. He just got a new contract before last season.

JMHO If the Texans do take Williams then Bush will fall to 4. NO will take Brick.

I believe NO has 40 million invested in Duece. He just got a new contract before last season.

JMHO If the Texans do take Williams then Bush will fall to 4. NO will take Brick.

That's not what I heard. I mean, I can't back it up, as I don't remember where I heard it, but I read/heard that New Orleans will take Reggie Bush, if the Texans pass on him.

I know they have Deuce, but the Texans also had Davis, and Davis wasn't coming off an ACL injury. Besides, it's not as if Bush is that 25-30 carry back anyway, at least, not at this point in his career. They'd probably split him out, kick returns, punt returns, and all that.

But hey, if Bush falls to the Jets, take him. If they don't have to trade up for him, that'd be great. Like I've said all along, they do need a playmaker, but they can't sell the house for one. That is if he falls pass the Titans, too.

That's not what I heard. I mean, I can't back it up, as I don't remember where I heard it, but I read/heard that New Orleans will take Reggie Bush, if the Texans pass on him.

I know they have Deuce, but the Texans also had Davis, and Davis wasn't coming off an ACL injury. Besides, it's not as if Bush is that 25-30 carry back anyway, at least, not at this point in his career. They'd probably split him out, kick returns, punt returns, and all that.

But hey, if Bush falls to the Jets, take him. If they don't have to trade up for him, that'd be great. Like I've said all along, they do need a playmaker, but they can't sell the house for one. That is if he falls pass the Titans, too.

I agree, no way should the Jets trade up for him. But if he falls I would take him in a heartbeat. I heard NO will trade the pick but not take Bush. I also heard Bud Adams is the tiebreaker in the Titans war room and being from Texas is in love with Vince Young.

I mean, if Bush somehow falls to us...you have to take him.

I agree.......BUT

The 49ers would probably offer their #6 and #22 picks to move up for Bush.

We could still get Davis/Cutler/Brick at 6, and we'd have #22 and #29 to get some great players to strength the offense and defense.

Imagine getting Cutler at 6, Lawson at 22 and LenDale White at 29?:character42:

Not to mention a few picks later at 35 we have another good player to chose from, say a Max Jean Gilles or Gabe Watson.

Now that is how you take over and build a team.

I agree.......BUT

The 49ers would probably offer their #6 and #22 picks to move up for Bush.

We could still get Davis/Cutler/Brick at 6, and we'd have #22 and #29 to get some great players to strength the offense and defense.

Imagine getting Cutler at 6, Lawson at 22 and LenDale White at 29?:character42:

Not to mention a few picks later at 35 we have another good player to chose from, say a Max Jean Gilles or Gabe Watson.

Now that is how you take over and build a team.

Without a 2nd rounder I do not see the 49ers moving up at all. JMHO.

I agree, no way should the Jets trade up for him. But if he falls I would take him in a heartbeat. I heard NO will trade the pick but not take Bush. I also heard Bud Adams is the tiebreaker in the Titans war room and being from Texas is in love with Vince Young.

I heard on the radio today that the coaching staff had won the power struggle, and that they're going to take Leinhert, speaking of the Titans. But, that was from the Lions insider, so that's a grain of salt.

If Reggie Bush does fall to the Jets, at number four, I'd take the entire 15 minutes. Explore everything. I only make a trade if I'm blown away. Reggie Bush is a special player, but he's not worth trading up for, in the Jets point of view. But, he's worth his weight in gold, if they get several draft picks, and a world of potential. Yeah, alot of people on this board would blow a gaskett. And, imagine how the theater will be. But... think of it as like the Herschel Walker trade. It could set the Jets up for a dynasty.

Without a 2nd rounder I do not see the 49ers moving up at all. JMHO.

It has been speculated the 9ers could try to trade with us.

Dont forget Alex Smith and Reggie were teammates in high school,

Bush would look great in a 49er uni.

I heard on the radio today that the coaching staff had won the power struggle, and that they're going to take Leinhert, speaking of the Titans. But, that was from the Lions insider, so that's a grain of salt.

If Reggie Bush does fall to the Jets, at number four, I'd take the entire 15 minutes. Explore everything. I only make a trade if I'm blown away. Reggie Bush is a special player, but he's not worth trading up for, in the Jets point of view. But, he's worth his weight in gold, if they get several draft picks, and a world of potential. Yeah, alot of people on this board would blow a gaskett. And, imagine how the theater will be. But... think of it as like the Herschel Walker trade. It could set the Jets up for a dynasty.

That is a great point Shadow. It is easy to get caught up in the hoopla of Bush. But no matter how great he is he is still just a running back. And even the best of the best RB's do not have a ring. Only Walter Payton does.

Archived