Someone explain why this keeps being said

SeniorFlaJet

On Sportscenter a little while ago during a mock draft, Canizzaro

was quoted when they discussed the jets. He said that if the Jets

don't pick Leinart they better put a safety net under the balcony

at RCMH because the fans will go nuts.

Now I know a lot of guys on all the boards want Leinart but in no

way is there a major consensus that he should be the pick.

Anyone they pick will not be welcomed by every fan but all I hear

is that Jet fans will boo and be pissed if they don't take Leinart.

I just don't see it. What am I missing?

On Sportscenter a little while ago during a mock draft, Canizzaro

was quoted when they discussed the jets. He said that if the Jets

don't pick Leinart they better put a safety net under the balcony

at RCMH because the fans will go nuts.

Now I know a lot of guys on all the boards want Leinart but in no

way is there a major consensus that he should be the pick.

Anyone they pick will not be welcomed by every fan but all I hear

is that Jet fans will boo and be pissed if they don't take Leinart.

I just don't see it. What am I missing?

I was going to ask the very same thing.

Is any Jet fan so hung up on getting Leinart that they will Booo if he is not picked? Sounds like Canifatso is trying to discredit the new regime.

Canizzaro = Ron Borges

I agree, if I was Mangini I would fine anyone who even said hello to him.

I think most fans have no clue what the Jets are going to do. Therefor it will take a couple minute to even digest the pick and give a reaction. It is not like in the past when The Jets fans were in love with Sapp or another player. Leinart is a good player and I would be happy with the pick and confident the Jets did all their homework on him. But I can say that for just about any pick they would make there.

I agree, if I was Mangini I would fine anyone who even said hello to him.

I think most fans have no clue what the Jets are going to do. Therefor it will take a couple minute to even digest the pick and give a reaction. It is not like in the past when The Jets fans were in love with Sapp or another player. Leinart is a good player and I would be happy with the pick and confident the Jets did all their homework on him. But I can say that for just about any pick they would make there.

Exactly.

I remember last year when the Pats took Logan Mankins.

I was like (as were most Pats fans) WTF.:eek:

Mankins had a great rookie year and should be very solid for many years to come.

I'm sure Mangini and company have done their homework.

Exactly.

I remember last year when the Pats took Logan Mankins.

I was like (as were most Pats fans) WTF.:eek:

Mankins had a great rookie year and should be very solid for many years to come.

I'm sure Mangini and company have done their homework.

By solid year do you mean that he helped contribute to the Pats not winning the Super Bowl?

Way to set the bar real high.

By solid year do you mean that he helped contribute to the Pats not winning the Super Bowl?

Way to set the bar real high.

That's pretty damn funny coming from a fan of a team that hasn't even PLAYED in a Super Bowl for 37 years.

So Max, who would you rather have?

Logan Mankins or DFat?:eek:

Thought so.

you see...i can understand a comment like this. every one of us here has a pretty good understanding of football and some of us know a heck of alot about this sport and our team. we spend months every year talking about the draft, discussing our teams options, studying our teams strategies etc. we all know the importance of making proper draft picks, having a solid offensive line etc. etc. unfortunately this is not the case in general. the average football fans dont really get as involved in this sport and trying to understand the logic and tactic behind their teams picks. if you go to the official NYJ website their is a poll asking who the jets should take first in the draft. an overwhelming 42% of nearly 10,000 votes say we should pick a QB first. if you started a thread with that poll here i bet less than 10% would pick a QB. do you see the great disparity? there are probably close to half of the JETS fans who would be upset if the jets did not take Leinart. and yes....they would boo, wherever they are at. thats the reality of it

you see...i can understand a comment like this. every one of us here has a pretty good understanding of football and some of us know a heck of alot about this sport and our team. we spend months every year talking about the draft, discussing our teams options, studying our teams strategies etc. we all know the importance of making proper draft picks, having a solid offensive line etc. etc. unfortunately this is not the case in general. the average football fans dont really get as involved in this sport and trying to understand the logic and tactic behind their teams picks. if you go to the official NYJ website their is a poll asking who the jets should take first in the draft. an overwhelming 42% of nearly 10,000 votes say we should pick a QB first. if you started a thread with that poll here i bet less than 10% would pick a QB. do you see the great disparity? there are probably close to half of the JETS fans who would be upset if the jets did not take Leinart. and yes....they would boo, wherever they are at. thats the reality of it

Those are valid points but I'm not sure how many "casual" fans will be making the treck to the draft. It will be interesting though.

That attitude sure explains his Hermie homerism, doesn't it?

It is always so funny to see all the 10 idiots in the crowd booing a pick like they actually know what is going on.

For the fans, it is all about marketing and hype. Hopefully the Tangini era knows better.

BZ

Good points. The official NYJ website is probably frequented more

by the casual fan than the fan who gets involved with a message

board.

Good points. The official NYJ website is probably frequented more

by the casual fan than the fan who gets involved with a message

board.

exactlty SFJ-that is a spot on assessment-they are more casual-we're friggin nuts

Archived