Nick Mangold

nvot9

I am happy with it.

We're building a strong Oline here. If Jones can pan out at right tackle then we'll have a really nice Oline.

Now at 35, Gabe Watson, LenDale White or an outside linebacker.

Gotta say, I'm surprised we havent addressed the defensive side of the ball yet, Mangini being a defensive guy.

I'm impressed by these guys they're showing alot of football savvy and are absolutely fearless-building the team back up from right where Hermway neglected it for too long-you KNOW we would have taken at least one DB if Herm were still there

just throwing it out...teague has experience at OT. Maybe Tangini isn't thrilled with Jones and want the line to be

Ferguson/Kendall/Mangold/Moore/Teague

again,just a thought

Or maybe jones takes Moores place....too early to speculate really...still several picks to go and more free agency.

just throwing it out...teague has experience at OT. Maybe Tangini isn't thrilled with Jones and want the line to be

Ferguson/Kendall/Mangold/Moore/Teague

again,just a thought

Anything is possible. Clement could win the job too.

The nice thing is, he at least has options to work with. With Ferguson, Kendall, and Mangold basically set in stone, he can now let Moore, Goodwin, Jones, Teague, Clement and even Cavka battle it out for the other 2 spots.

And it's not out of the question that we aren't done yet at bringing in linemen.

The nice thing is, he at least has options to work with. With Ferguson, Kendall, and Mangold basically set in stone, he can now let Moore, Goodwin, Jones, Teague, Clement and even Cavka battle it out for the other 2 spots.

And it's not out of the question that we aren't done yet at bringing in linemen.

Goodwin is gone, I think he signed with Cleveland

Actually Goodwin thank you signed with the Saints- lots of possibilities to construct the offensive line right now

Like someone suggested maybe Jones goes to guard and Teague at tackle as an option

Over Winston Justice? I love him, but over Justice?:eek: Thoughts?

The Jets are doing what they said, placing a ton of value on character and talent ... they are lookin for players who have both ... Brick Ferguson and Nick Mangold are both exceptionally talented players AND very high character guys

LenDale White and Winston Justice both have size and talent, but both are sliding for the same reason ... character issues

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but tangini is doing exactly what they said ... I'm sure they'll take a chance on questionable characters in the right spots, when the reward outweighs the risk, but with their two first rounders they went "HIGH TALENT" and "HIGH CHARACTER"

Make no mistake about it, there is nothing sexy about drafting O-linemen, but the Jets took the best consensus LT in the draft and the best consensus OC in the draft ... no question about it ... and some cats who I really respect, FOOTBALL GUYS like Gil Brandt, had Mangold rated very high, higer than he was drafted, his best interior lineman in the entire draft {OC's or OG's}, and his #3 O-lineman overall {Brick, Justice, Mangold} ... but if you read his actual scouting reports, he also likes Mangold more than Justice, that's how his scouting reports read too me, clear as day, so the Jets did a heck of a Job at attacking the OL with these first two picks ... not sexy, OL never is, but a lot of folks will tell you games are won and lost in the trenches

JMO

The Jets are doing what they said, placing a ton of value on character and talent ... they are lookin for players who have both ... Brick Ferguson and Nick Mangold are both exceptionally talented players AND very high character guys

LenDale White and Winston Justice both have size and talent, but both are sliding for the same reason ... character issues

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but tangini is doing exactly what they said ... I'm sure they'll take a chance on questionable characters if in the right spots, when the reward outweighs the risk, but with their two first rounders they went "HIGH TALENT" and "HIGH CHARACTER"

Make no mistake about it, there is nothing sexy about drafting O-linemen, but the Jets took the best consensus LT in the draft and the best consensus OC in the draft ... no question about it ... and some cats who I really respect, FOOTBALL GUYS like Gil Brandt, had Mangold rated very high, higer than he was drafted, his best interior lineman in the entire draft {OC's or OG's}, and his #3 O-lineman overall {Brick, Justice, Mangold} ... but if you read his actual scouting reports, he also likes Mangold more than Justice, that's how his scouting reports read too me, clear as day, so the Jets did a heck of a Job at attacking the OL with these first two picks ... not sexy, OL never is, but a lot of folks will tell you games are won and lost in the trenches

JMO

I agree Ham and I expect that this will quiet alot of the cries about how thin our O-line is.

The O line expert has spoken! Now, if only he knew what players were on the team.....

The O line expert has spoken! Now, if only he knew what players were on the team.....

It's called a mis-type ThunderbirdJet. I really don't understand why you feel the need to attack a fellow Jets fan simply because I feel that D'Brickashaw Ferguson fills a need on this team.

Is Adrian Jones your brother or something?

I'm wondering what year the Jets are supposed to get better? 2019? This team is cursed.

It's obvious with your posts that you lack patience. Do you go into a car dealership and purchase options first before the car? Do you purchase furniture first before you purchase a house?

Jets need to concentrate on building the "outside" (this case the O line) before they concentrate on the "inside"...Jets are moving in the right direction for the first time in a long time.

Archived