Is Clemens better than Leinart?

PeterNorth09

The answer is not in your wildest dreams. The Jets really dropped the ball in this draft. We could have gotten both Matt Leinart AND Winston Justice. Instead, we got D'Brickshaw Ferguson and Kellen Clemens. Justice/Leinart is head and shoulders above Ferguson/Clemens.

But hey, most of you guys live in some fantasy world so what's the difference to you?

20792500.jpg

foqu096o.jpg

Clemens is going to be really good according to basically everyone on the ESPN panel. I LIKE how the Jets drafted. In fact, I LOVE it. We have the best draft going in the NFL right now.

That is nuts. You need to stop sucking Merril Hoge's ****. Clemens is small, injury prone, doesn't have a great arm ... who does that remind you of?

And to think you guys were criticizing Leinart for being like Pennington, Clemens is much more similar to Pennington.

So far I like Philly's draft the best. They got Bunkley round 1 and got a steal in Justice in Round 2. Took care of both O and D lines. Now they need RB/WR.

Niners had a good draft too. Vernon Davis and Manny Lawson.

Ferguson is better than Justice anyway, there's a reason he slipped into the 2nd round. Besides Jaws was practically drooling over Clemens and comparing him to Brady. I think it's a very good pick.

So Clemens is the next Tom Brady now? Give me a break. This is a disaster.

Ur clueless North....probably some 19 year old that doesn't know sh1t.

Leinart aint a good fit for the East coast. And if he's so good, why exactly did he fall to 10?

As for Justice, in a league where everyone values solid OTs, why did Justice fall so much.

DBrick, Mangold, Clemens is a solid start for the new regime. If Clemens dont work out, it only cost you a late 2nd rounder.

...Great job getting an extra 2nd rounder next year. This is gonna be a 3 year rebuilding process so adding a pick like that next year is sweet

Where are you getting. . .doesn't have a great arm from? Really please tell because EVERYTHING I have read about him says he has a good arm.

Clemens has an average arm at best. Read it and weep:

"Arm strength is only average at best...Does not have great size...Struggles with his accuracy...Not a great athlete...Doesn't throw the deep ball well...Is too quick to leave the pocket and run...Makes some poor decisions and will force the action...Needs to stay calm and in control of his emotions...Has a limited upside."

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/kellenclemens.html

Here is another scouting report saying the same thing:

"Kellen lacks ideal height and arm strength"

http://2006.ontheclockdraft.com/profile.php?id=20050721053027449169

The Jets are seriously cursed.

Its too early to tell...

No One knows.. 3 years from now we'll see...

If Clemens guides us to a superbowl and Leinert is still not in the playoffs then we win...

Obviously they were not sold on leinert at 4...Brick was safer..

we'll see.

How old are you? You know NOTHING about scouting players. All your doing is reading and pulling quotes from random scouts. And you think cuz you read a few articles you know something, LOL. U moron.

Matt Hasselback, Tom Brady, Big Ben.....Im sure these same scouts all had bad sh1t to say about them.

...I think it's about bed time for you. Ignorant jackass.

That is nuts. You need to stop sucking Merril Hoge's ****. Clemens is small, injury prone, doesn't have a great arm ... who does that remind you of?

And to think you guys were criticizing Leinart for being like Pennington, Clemens is much more similar to Pennington.

So far I like Philly's draft the best. They got Bunkley round 1 and got a steal in Justice in Round 2. Took care of both O and D lines. Now they need RB/WR.

go back to your video game,,

go back to your video game,,

Southern dude, you really live in a distorted version of reality. We passed up Leinart/Justice or Leinart/McNeill for freaking Ferguson/Clemens and I am supposed to be happy about this?

In your fantasy world Matt Leinart may not be as good as Kellen Clemens but here in reality world he is ten times better.

SO FAR:

Jets picked up the BEST OT prospect.

The BEST Center prospect.

A solid QB prospect.

An extra 2nd rounder next year.

Quit ya bitchin and go away. Stop with the Justice or McNeill talk. For the past 2 months we all stared at all the mock drafts out there. Yes, they were both supposed to go higher BUT they didnt. Every NFL team let them slide. Theres gotta be a reason behind that.

LOL. Winston was a steal because why? Beacause on all these mock drafts you saw him going in Round 1? LOL, your quite the scholar.

All he did was open up holes all day for Reggie Bush and Lendale White and do a damn good job of protecting Matt Leinart's blindside at USC. Yeah, Ferguson is that much better than him that we had to pass up Matt Leinart.

WHO KNOWS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Its all bout coaching too...

Vinny almost took us to the superbowl..VINNY!

need some luck too..

Good teams like the pats find ways to win...

Payton manning cant win a big game..

no one knows...But I'd rather have quality hardworking win first guys..than whiners like manning...

Just a get a "Gimme the damn ball" goto WR and it'll be a great draft!!

Face it Pete. The only one popping a boner over Leinart is you.

I guess someone on here was with the Jets FO when they went

up to Oregon to talk to CLemens. I guess their expertise on scouting

was better than the Jets FO. I don't knowwhy he's wasting his time

on here when he should be inerviewing for a GM postion.

The biggest complaint on the Jets boards the last few months was that

the OL was in shambles and had to be fixed. So they go out and

get what is arguably the best LT and C in the draft and some genius

on here wit professional scouting expertise is not happy.

Hey Savage you didn't tell me there was a kindergarten kid posting on

this board when you told me to sign up.

The answer is not in your wildest dreams. The Jets really dropped the ball in this draft. We could have gotten both Matt Leinart AND Winston Justice. Instead, we got D'Brickshaw Ferguson and Kellen Clemens. Justice/Leinart is head and shoulders above Ferguson/Clemens.

But hey, most of you guys live in some fantasy world so what's the difference to you?

20792500.jpg

foqu096o.jpg

Dont you think if Norman Chow, Leinarts OC at USC passed on him is a RED FLAG? I do! Bigtime! :cheers:

You guys all live in fantasy world. Do you guys watch any of the games in the college and NFL regular season? How can you completely ignore what goes on the football field like this?

It is not even remotely close between Leinart and Kellen Clemens. In 2-3 years Leinart will be throwing between 25-30 tds in Arizona while Clemens will be riding pine at the meadowlands. Scrub Patrick Ramsey is better than Kellen Clemens. I don't know if he's better than Brooks Bollinger.

But hey, call whoever disagrees with you immature. It's a nice red herring that doesn't take away from the logical holes in your argument.

You guys all live in fantasy world. Do you guys watch any of the games in the college and NFL regular season? How can you completely ignore what goes on the football field like this?

It is not even remotely close between Leinart and Kellen Clemens. In 2-3 years Leinart will be throwing between 25-30 tds in Arizona while Clemens will be riding pine at the meadowlands. Scrub Patrick Ramsey is better than Kellen Clemens. I don't know if he's better than Brooks Bollinger.

But hey, call whoever disagrees with you immature. It's a nice red herring that doesn't take away from the logical holes in your argument.

Pete? One more time.

Stick...

Pull...

When the Jets suck next year and, who knows, probably the the next few years after that, you guys better not be hiding from these messageboards.

Thank God Buffalo will keep us out of last place next year.

Hiding from who? Some guy that pretends he's a Jets fan and openly roots for the Jets to lose because his favorite college players weren't taken? Why don't you and rajensan go and post at the KC sites?

Hiding from who? Some guy that pretends he's a Jets fan and openly roots for the Jets to lose because his favorite college players weren't taken? Why don't you and rajensan go and post at the KC sites?

Why doesn't he just go to JI? Hey North were you banned there already? If you want PM me and I'll tell you how to go back using a proxy server. Only if you never come back here.

Archived